Home

Madden NFL 15: Breaking Down QB Passing Percentages

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15: Breaking Down QB Passing Percentages within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-29-2014, 11:11 AM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
Madden NFL 15: Breaking Down QB Passing Percentages

One of the most intriguing things about Madden 15 is that the development team claims to have added more variance to the passing game, based on ratings. Well, given that one of my biggest complaints of the series has been how QB's have seemed automatic, I wanted to put this new aspect of the game to the test.

Read More - Madden NFL 15: Breaking Down QB Passing Percentages
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox One
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2014, 12:22 PM   #2
Pro

wallofhate's Arena

OVR: 8
Like someone wrote in a previous blog about this topic the difference between "elite" qbs and the run of the mill average qb isn't a large margin percentage wise so your findings are cool to the fact that madden actually kind of hits the nail on the head with this. Guess we gotta give credit where credit is due. Just weird when you play and they complete those percentages it feels like your getting roasted. It doesn't feel like you're forcing the qb top"settle" for what's available and preventing him from going where he wants. But all in all the game is good imo
Old 08-29-2014, 12:37 PM   #3
No Place Better

BenGerman's Arena

OVR: 27
Yeah, and I think that's really important to mention. Most QB's in the NFL are only separated by a thin margin, so there's really nothing wrong with the way this experiment went. I would say, just in the overall variety of throws, I didn't feel a huge difference with one QB over the other.
Old 08-29-2014, 12:51 PM   #4
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22
It Maddens of the past, the game has played differently (and better) in practice mode than it has in other modes. I am not sure if that is the case with '15?

It would be nice for EA to figure this aspect of the game out. It has been a deterrent to the game for decades. QB's are too accurate, so offenses are too effective....Bandaid in some warping defenders....now too many interceptions, Bandaid in constant drops by defenders....and round and round we go with bandaids on top of bandaids.
Old 08-29-2014, 12:55 PM   #5
No Place Better

BenGerman's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: Madden NFL 15: Breaking Down QB Passing Percentages

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardot
It Maddens of the past, the game has played differently (and better) in practice mode than it has in other modes. I am not sure if that is the case with '15?

It would be nice for EA to figure this aspect of the game out. It has been a deterrent to the game for decades. QB's are too accurate, so offenses are too effective....Bandaid in some warping defenders....now too many interceptions, Bandaid in constant drops by defenders....and round and round we go with bandaids on top of bandaids.
I thought about this, too. I didn't want to count it as a variable because there is really no way of knowing if practice mode is different from everything else at this stage in the game, but you kinda just have to hope that it isn't. It wouldn't shock me, given that that's been a thing for almost a decade now.

Gamertag (Xbox One): Bengerman 1031
PSN Name: BadNewsBen

Twitter: @BadNewsBenV
Twitch: www.Twitch.TV/Bengerman10
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2014, 01:37 PM   #6
MVP

TMJOHNS18's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Madden NFL 15: Breaking Down QB Passing Percentages

I guess you could have traded 2 of the QBs to one of the three teams and subbed them in during practice mode to eliminate the WR variable.

One thing I did notice in the little I've played in CFM, low rated QBs due tend to throw errant passes more often (which is given), but not on the level you'd expect when comparing an elite player like Manning and the some of the lowest FA QBs. Neither throw enough bad passes. Elite QBs, with time, still miss on throws or are slightly off, not center chest nearly every time.

Seems to me that the current separation between the very best and very worst reflects what I'd hope to see between 90s rated QBs and 80s rated QBs. Doesn't help CPU seems to nearly be perfect at passing when using higher rated QBs, just don't see much errant passes from them.
Old 08-29-2014, 02:07 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48
Nice article. Can I assume that was on All-Pro with default sliders?
Old 08-29-2014, 02:32 PM   #8
MVP

Mos1ted's Arena

OVR: 21
I think human skill definitely plays a large factor. Even with the accuracy slider at 6, I can still take an inaccurate QB like Jake Locker and put the ball where I want it. Once I drop the slider to 1, now I'm having a harder time putting the ball where I want it. Then I bring in a slightly more accurate quarterback and notice right away that I can throw more consistently with him over Jake Locker. So for me, having the QB slider at 1 is probably going to be the ideal setting for me.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »