Home

Kicking Arc Disappearing

This is a discussion on Kicking Arc Disappearing within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-30-2014, 06:44 AM   #9
Legend

Tommyklaid's Arena

OVR: 20
Icon14 Re: Kicking Arc Disappearing

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForTheQuinn94
Well if that's the case, that's unfortunate. I can understand it being off on AM, but AP? Also, it's able to be toggled on/off, so just give us the choice to keep it on permanently if we want. Ah well..

Yes, in the Skills Trainer it stays-on, and I play on A.P. as well and it's there for about 2-3 seconds which gives you a quick read.

*Maybe I'm in the minority here, but I actually love that it does a *fade-out* after a few seconds, because (in my opinion) punting & kicking were always the easier things to do in years past. I actually accept the challenge and hope it's NOT fixed.
  • MLB The Show 24 - PS5
  • The Elder Scrolls V: SKYRIM - XBOX SERIES X
Old 08-30-2014, 07:31 AM   #10
Rookie

dayo480's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Kicking Arc Disappearing

It fades on me sometimes, sometimes it doesn't show, and sometimes there isn't an arc but there is a bullseye of where the ball will land first. Playing on AP. A nice fix would be like baseballs approach in pitching options: on, off, or fade. As long as it is consistent, I don't mind it fading but to me it doesnt feel consistent. imo.

Last edited by dayo480; 08-30-2014 at 07:33 AM.
Old 08-30-2014, 07:32 AM   #11
Pro

Shon 23's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommyklaid
Yes, in the Skills Trainer it stays-on, and I play on A.P. as well and it's there for about 2-3 seconds which gives you a quick read.

*Maybe I'm in the minority here, but I actually love that it does a *fade-out* after a few seconds, because (in my opinion) punting & kicking were always the easier things to do in years past. I actually accept the challenge and hope it's NOT fixed.

To each his own man. It is able to be toggled on or off, so I don't see why they couldn't change it to be permanent. I just liked how in the skills trainer you could get small bounces and rolls by having the kicking arc up and getting a feel for how short in front of the endzone you needed the ball to land, to try and get it inside the 10 or even the 5 yard line, without having to kick it out of bounds.

I don't have a problem getting a feel for how far to kick a punt short of the endzone without the kicking arc really, but the ball physics seems different also. Do that in a regular game and pretty much every time the ball bounces like 30 yards after hitting the ground and into the crowd. lol I wonder if the ball physics were different for the punting in skills trainer and in regular games.. maybe so.

By the way, Red Dead Redemption was by far one of my favorite games last gen.

Last edited by Shon 23; 08-30-2014 at 07:36 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2014, 11:46 AM   #12
Pro

YeOldTonk's Arena

OVR: 6
Location: Foothills of the Cascade Mountains in the great PacNW

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForTheQuinn94
I don't have a problem getting a feel for how far to kick a punt short of the endzone without the kicking arc really, but the ball physics seems different also. Do that in a regular game and pretty much every time the ball bounces like 30 yards after hitting the ground and into the crowd. lol I wonder if the ball physics were different for the punting in skills trainer and in regular games.. maybe so.
I noticed that the physics seem different also. Was attempting a 50 yard FG with 10mph wind at my back in a game. Was able to use the arc to center it between the uprights. Had a good kick on the meter and it went just right of the right side upright. I'm almost thinking that the wind meter is broken again and showing backwards. Haven't had too many chances to test with a decent cross wind.

This thing called Twitter I do sometimes

What's your thoughts? It's a game.
Old 08-30-2014, 01:07 PM   #13
Zac
World-Class Diver

Zac's Arena

OVR: 1

Yes it is tied to difficulty. If you play a game on rookie or pro it stays the entire time. All pro it fades after a second or two depending on your kickers stats. All madden it defaults to off. If you turn it on again it fades.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »