Home

Cant run the ball? This should help...

This is a discussion on Cant run the ball? This should help... within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-30-2014, 07:59 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
Cant run the ball? This should help...

First let me say this...

No Matter what I did... I averaged 0.3 yards a carry. I was p***ed off because I even put the slider to 100 for run block. I try to run the ball on all madden and all pro LOL. All Madden is nearly impossible at times... All madden is too HARD this year! Matt Stafford would finish each game 19-38 and 4 picks because I cant run.

What I did...

I noticed the reason why I couldn't... it wasn't the skill level. It was because the players move to slow and cut like somebody's grandma even with high rating. Im even scared to use linebackers on defense in fear I'll be baked for touchdowns (Don't get me started on trying to return kicks). Once I put the game at "Fast" speed... All that changed for me because the players finally moved normal. Cuts were fast and no more running into your own players and losing yards because you cant recover. Its only a little faster than normal... Honestly, it feels like madden previous maddens. Try it...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2014, 09:00 AM   #2
Rookie

tuck243's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Cant run the ball? This should help...

Actually you can just run on the current level... The trick is don't USE TURBO until you see a hole... I too had that issue, but be patient and only use turbo on tosses or when you see a hole... Until then wait for it to open up and then go... It's like this rushing in real life anyway...
Old 08-30-2014, 09:19 AM   #3
Some say he...

kerosene31's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuck243
Actually you can just run on the current level... The trick is don't USE TURBO until you see a hole... I too had that issue, but be patient and only use turbo on tosses or when you see a hole... Until then wait for it to open up and then go... It's like this rushing in real life anyway...
Exactly. I've been able to run pretty well using my rookie back in career mode who's only rated 73 right now. Some people hold the precision modifier as the ball is handed off to let the blockers do their thing. I just run at normal speed and hold off the sprint until I see daylight at the line. You have to lay off the sprint if you need to make cuts too.

It also seems like playcalling is more important as well. I notice if I call a run in an obvious situation, the defense stacks up, making it hard to get much yardage.
Old 08-30-2014, 11:35 AM   #4
Banned

OVR: 0

I tried that. I get sucked into tackles 90% of the time.
Old 08-30-2014, 12:37 PM   #5
Pro

droopizzle34's Arena

OVR: 18

You can't just sprint to the sidelines, use strong power, buck sweep, all the overpowered runs of 25. You have to be smart. Look for cutbacks, follow blockers, lay off the turbo.Spread out the D and lessen the numbers in the box. A 4 yard run is successful. No more big gains doesnt mean the run game is dead, it just means you have to find runs that are successful now.

01 Trap, inside runs, they are good this year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2014, 12:39 PM   #6
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuck243
This has been exactly my experience.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »