Home

Stamina Issues...

This is a discussion on Stamina Issues... within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-02-2014, 09:39 PM   #9
MVP

StefJoeHalt's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Stamina Issues...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Death
Okay, but if you read my original post, you would see that I said it was the DE. Not many - if any - DE's are "fat boys." And you talk about them being tired "before the second quarter." My guy was tired after 1 flipping play!!! ONE!!! And a DE!!! You can go check the Browns DE's and I doubt that any are 330 pounds. Jus sayin'...

Brown starting DE..Billy Wynn 305 and Phil Taylor 335..just saying

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rule #1: Never leave a fellow Crasher behind. Crashers take care of their own.
Rule #2: Never use your real name.
Rule #15: Fight the urge to tell the truth.
Rule #30: Know the playbook so you can call an audible.
Twitter: @318TA621
Old 09-02-2014, 10:14 PM   #10
MVP

Has this changed from Madden 25? I don't have 15 but in 25 a guy would temporarily be winded after a play but then recover. For example after a running play you could see a guy breathing hard for several seconds but usually if you waited to snap the ball he would be recover and okay.

I suspect that is what happened if you saw a guy yellow after one play.
Old 09-02-2014, 10:38 PM   #11
Banned

TrufflesEater's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Death
I can assure you that I wasn't comparing NFL players to myself. Even though I am in good shape, I'm nowhere near the kind of shape an NFL player is in. And that's because they work out year round, they lift weights, they run, they work out in heat that would kill mere mortals, yet EA treats them as if they are pathetically out of shape.

There is no way that any NFL defensive lineman would turn "yellow" after one play that took 3.5 seconds. And if there were, they'd be cut. Coaches want their guys strong for the 4th quarter, this is one of the reasons they work out so much and so hard.

And I understand that we have the option of replacing a guy - but when 3/4ths of your D is yellow or red after 5 plays, how are you going to change them all and still call a play? You can't!

I really don't understand what you're saying when you said this:

Just go look through all the ratings in Madden... you'll see that roughly 85% of them have low stamina - or low enough that they will tire soon. So if what you're saying is true, then the NFL has a serious problem. And that is most definitely not the case.

Look, it's nothing personal against you, so please don't take it that way. It's my frustration with EA. All these years and we still have SO MANY PROBLEMS that just kill the immersion. And it's time for them to step things up. They could raise stamina so easily and also institute a thing where if a guy runs a bomb - whether the ball is thrown to him or not - he comes out for one play, like what happens in real life.

I just want a great sim game, and EA seems content to cater to the casual fans and the cheesers. And it gets old.
NFL lineman train to maximize bulk and explosive anaerobic performance. Stamina demands a low weight to strength ratio, and endurance benefits greatly from slow-twitch muscle fiber, not the fast twitch that pro football, especially with all the play stoppages for commercials, demands.

Watch NFL games and you'll see many players "taking a play off" when they're out of the flow of a play. They're tired.

As someone mentions in another reply, you should check your kickoff team to make sure none of your defensive starters are included.

I agree that it needs to be easier to make in-game substitutions, and you'd have a valid complaint if you bemoaned the lack of set formation substitutions.

Focusing on endurance (and demeaning others who might have a different view or opinion than you as "casual gamers and cheesers") is barking up the wrong tree.

Last edited by TrufflesEater; 09-02-2014 at 10:42 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2014, 11:45 PM   #12
Rookie

Danbo80's Arena

OVR: 2

Lets be honest fat guys don't like to run. DTs ain't running in the offseason. Not at 320lbs+.

To be serious though, DE's getting tired after one play is a problem, A coach would not start a guy if he couldn't get through at least 4-5 plays before a breather.

Most subbing in the NFL is do to packages. Not because a guys about to keel over. Remember these guys go through training camp. One practice in the heat is tougher than an
actual game, anyone who's played can attest to that.
Old 09-03-2014, 02:09 AM   #13
Air Raid

Dr Death's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danbo80
Lets be honest fat guys don't like to run. DTs ain't running in the offseason. Not at 320lbs+.

To be serious though, DE's getting tired after one play is a problem, A coach would not start a guy if he couldn't get through at least 4-5 plays before a breather.

Most subbing in the NFL is do to packages. Not because a guys about to keel over. Remember these guys go through training camp. One practice in the heat is tougher than an
actual game, anyone who's played can attest to that.
Thank you! Someone finally gets it! As to the person who posted the Browns starting DE's, I see, from their depth chart on their website, one guy is 6'4 265, his backup is the 330 pound guy.

And no, the DE was not on the ST's. Now here's what is funny about this game... I typically have WR's as returners, either kick or punt, and they never get "yellow" or tired following a return. So where's the logic in that?

Playing my Connected Career as the Bills, and Goodwin, one of their WR's is my main returner - guy has great speed - in one game I lost a WR due to injury, so Goodwin, a backup, was now forced to play (Run & Shoot) and he returned a kick-off 38 yards and fought through two tackles in doing so, but he was perfectly green when he went to play WR.

To TrufflesEater - I DO watch NFL games and DO see guys taking a play off when needed - this is part of my complaint that that isn't in the game, we have to manually change them out/in. However, those same NFL players that take a play off, they come back soon! Usually after one or two plays. EA has it so that at the end of the half your OLB, MLB, both DT's and both DE's can be yellow or red, and they will still be that way when the second half begins. Seriously???

I know most people here want this to be a sim game, and that is all that I am asking for, and I believe that most here would agree that stamina is horribly wrong. It's not just D-Linemen or O-Linemen, it can LB's, CB's, WR's, TE's... the game has some funky ways of determining how long a guy is fully healthy and needs to be adjusted to a more real and rational level.

Now... after all that... I'm out of wind! LOL

Old 09-03-2014, 06:21 AM   #14
Rookie

jpeters1734's Arena

One guy out of 10 agrees with you and you think that validates your opinion? I think I'm done with your thread.
Old 09-03-2014, 07:09 AM   #15
Air Raid

Dr Death's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpeters1734
One guy out of 10 agrees with you and you think that validates your opinion? I think I'm done with your thread.
Oh I believe more than one guy agrees with me. But anyway, thanks for playing!

Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »