Home

Lord Please Help

This is a discussion on Lord Please Help within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-02-2014, 01:20 AM   #17
MVP

Darkleaf's Arena

OVR: 19
Icon11 Re: Lord Please Help

And generally speaking im awful at Madden, I was just surprised and kind of disappointed that after 3 years I could crush it that easy after hearing how EA said how the difficulty was upped and then I break records so easily..
Old 09-02-2014, 01:31 AM   #18
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53
Re: Lord Please Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrant8RDFL
The more I play this game the more I see its ugly head.

Your not doing anything wrong the game is in need of a patch to fix some of the gameplay issues.

Its was advertised was how much better the defense plays, but I see a defense that struggles most of the time, and even in long yardage situations.

The only thing i see that works is blitzing, but not all the time, which is a good thing.

For now all you can do is see what you think needs a adjustment slider wise, and go from there.

Things I see are the following:
QB accuracy
Wr Catching
Pass Blocking for the CPU is too good, and for the human its bad.
Pass defense is very suspect, whether its man or zone. Human only
Running the ball isnt that bad for me, but the cpu seems to have a much easier time.

Im off to see what I can fix.
Wish me Luck
And your list is some of the most annoying things I been trying to point out to Mad and Shop Twitter for long time now. It seems the user controlled team is so dumb down on both sides of the ball. While the AI seems to do everything right. Whether getting pass your oline quickly to getting off blocks fast. While you front four struggles to come unglued from the AI oline and get to the QB. The AI defenders can get to your QB seconds. It also seems that your D is dumb down against the AI offense. The AI WRs and TEs will always find away to get open while your your WRs and TE struggle to even get open. The AI playing the same way on D and it has in past Madden. And it hasn't improve much. The never AI secondary never seem to make mistake or break down like it does in the real NFL. Bottom line it's the same old thing year in and year out when it comes to playing against the AI. Hopefully one year EA will fix it. For now I guess we will have to live with it.
Old 09-02-2014, 01:44 AM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkleaf
Dude let it go... I apologize for sounding douchey my only point which I made poorly was that while you are praying to god for answers things like practicing and maybe reading a few threads might help, also while you are struggling others are not just saying..here in the interest of peace read this http://www.operationsports.com/forum...ning-tips.html if a hundred posts of helpful tips cant help you surely god cant either.
....seriously. If you think that the title of the discussion was literally a prayer to the Man above then it's sad on your part. I'm sure that others on this site have referred to a religious figure IN a figure of speech before as it's rather common, and I'm just as certain that 99.9999% of the people that were in those conversations knew that they weren't praying or talking directly to that Divine being. You, on the other hand, made sure to point out that it seems I'm "praying for help" on a video game and hoping it comes before a solution to poverty.. LoL..Get real, kid...

The link was already referred to by someone else, but your repost is kindly appreciated. I just wish some people didnt seem to lurk in the shadows of...believe it or not, an online forum lol... seemingly waiting for the first opportunity to pounce on someone who they see as inferior due to the poster's request for advice (an occurrence that seems to be the "cool" thing to do these days). I DO love it when script gets flipped and it backfires on 'em though
Old 09-02-2014, 01:57 AM   #20
MVP

Darkleaf's Arena

OVR: 19

Just my opinion the mention of any religious whatever isn't necessary in a video game forum, wow dude someone mans up and apologizes and you still **** on them. Good luck
Old 09-02-2014, 02:24 AM   #21
Rookie

HingleMcCringleberry's Arena

OVR: 0

my main issues are with CPU passing. they seem to be having no issues passing for 85% or more on me no matter who it is. on the other hand, my QB often is extremely inaccurate for no reason. he will consistently miss underneath routes 2 yards downfield by 5 or more yards. not only that, but i will get guys wide open downfield by 10 yards and the pass will be nowhere close to my open player. what NFL QB would honestly throw a 30 yard pass to a wide open guy 10 yards too short?

i am noticing these issues more and more with each game i play, and it's slowly starting to feel like much of the same game. while it has improved in some aspects, these little issues that they specifically said were worked on and showed major improvements have not appeared that way for me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2014, 02:48 AM   #22
MVP

OVR: 6

I was about to post the same thing in regards to running. I am always getting sucked into the block or can't make it out of the line.

I tried what some people said about being patient w/ the turbo stick in my last game and it sort of worked. I got Gore to rush for 81 yards and it was a typical Gore like performance. No big game breaker runs, but getting bunches of yards here and there. The longest I had with him last game was 11 yard run.

I don't understand the prescision button at all. What does it do? it seems its more like a slowdown button.
Old 09-02-2014, 09:41 AM   #23
Rookie

First off, no hard feelings DarkLeaf. My apologies as well. Let's just leave it be and if you have any tips to have a crazy performance like u did with Rice feel free to share em so we can all get better.

The passing IS an issue here and there. I'm using Philly, so Foles is it for me. Honestly, I'm wary of throwing the ball in the game at all times. While I like the challenge, the teleportation of some CBs to INT a pass is frustrating. I wont complain much though as my receivers are all stupidly slow, which is going to end up murdering me this year since only one of em has a speed above 90. It'd be different if you could actually use the height of your players as an advantage...

And yes, I'm not sure what to think about running. In games past I was used to running efficiently vs online opponents after adjusting to their defense, but here, even when i see that blitz coming 95% of the time, i cant make it to the outside...cant get through inside...its just tough. An important detail though is one that someone else posted somewhere on this topic or board that I've noticed with Madden for a few years. BE CAREFUL WHEN TO HIT THAT RT BUTTON around the LoS and shortly beyond it because it WILL somehow make defenders quicker and able to track you down. Sounds stupid, but try it.

Finally, i really don't get the Precision button either as it doesn't seem to do anything but slow me down too. Juking/ spinning seem just as effective..if not MORE effective...without precision and it doesn't stop your momentum..
Old 09-02-2014, 10:09 AM   #24
Rookie

I will just keep working on it though. Just tough to believe when you r so used to pulling off one or two 50 yard breaks per game, and now you're praying for a total of 50 yds lol. Perhaps it is more realistic... How many times per game do we see big runs in the NFL (besides AP's first year)?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »