Home

SACKS. This is too much

This is a discussion on SACKS. This is too much within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-02-2014, 11:37 AM   #1
MVP

booker21's Arena

OVR: 16
SACKS. This is too much

This is not entirely a complain thread. I loved. and i mean Loved madden 15 for ps4/x1. it has many flaws but at the same time it has a lot of things EA did right. At this point most in this forum knows those since we have been playing the game for a quite some time now and from what i read on this forum most of us are very happy with this year version.

BUT one single thing prevent me from enjoying fully this game. SACKS. At least on All pro. didnīt expereince much on other levels. It plays so beautiful on All pro so i donīt want to swtich to another level, but i may if this is better.

Anyways. Playing Cards vs Falcon. Ryan had 6 att and 4 sacks. 2 sacks were back to back. Nne of them were user sacks, since iīm controlling the DB.

On my Testing CFM my defense is of course first in sacks and Abraham lead the league so far. I average 6 sacks per game.

QB hold the ball too long if they donīt see anyone open. Just throw it away, i mean you still get 85% comp so it wonīt hurt :P but that is a different story.

This last game was already with PB at 100 QB at 50 and Penalties at 0 (some says IG help, iīm not seeing it). Nothing else i could try in terms on sliders it seems.

Anyways, i just need to vent. If someone found a fix for this, please let me know.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2014, 11:43 AM   #2
That's top class!

extremeskins04's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: SACKS. This is too much

There's a workaround for it. Check Armor & Sword's slider thread and read his front page. The issue is the player traits for QB's along with the Intentional Grounding sliders.

They have edited the QB's on the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd strings to alter their player traits so they get rid of the ball more and take less sacks.

It works.
Old 09-02-2014, 11:46 AM   #3
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40

Yeah I think sliders can help this issue quite a bit. The other issue I've noticed more is that elite pass rushers -- especially when user controlled -- can be a true menace (not a bad thing in theory, don't get me wrong!). The best players should shine, but double teams and so forth don't always seem to help the issue, and so you have certain defenders who can just blow away the sack records well before the end of a season.
Old 09-02-2014, 11:47 AM   #4
Pro

T5063's Arena

OVR: 2

Yes I agree. The sacks and completion percentage are my only two gripes with the game-play. They kind of go hand in hand because if the qb thew the ball away more instead of taking sacks his completion percentage would be more realistic.

I remember seeing a quote from twitter where a madden developer said they are addressing this for the next patch or roster file. Can anyone verify this?
Old 09-02-2014, 11:52 AM   #5
That's top class!

extremeskins04's Arena

OVR: 1

Yep. What these guys said. ^

If you're finding the completion percentages too high, set the WR catching down to 25-30, and keep QB accuracy at 10. WR catching slider helps ALOT.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2014, 11:54 AM   #6
MVP

booker21's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by T5063
Yes I agree. The sacks and completion percentage are my only two gripes with the game-play. They kind of go hand in hand because if the qb thew the ball away more instead of taking sacks his completion percentage would be more realistic.

I remember seeing a quote from twitter where a madden developer said they are addressing this for the next patch or roster file. Can anyone verify this?
Who said they are looking at sacks? Any link?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
Old 09-02-2014, 12:01 PM   #7
Rookie

zizoux's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseB
Yeah I think sliders can help this issue quite a bit. The other issue I've noticed more is that elite pass rushers -- especially when user controlled -- can be a true menace (not a bad thing in theory, don't get me wrong!). The best players should shine, but double teams and so forth don't always seem to help the issue, and so you have certain defenders who can just blow away the sack records well before the end of a season.
I think devs did that on purpose so that casual football gamers feel like they achieve something by getting 6-7 user-sacks a game. If it was the other way around, we would see rants like '' omg, pass rush moves don't even work, I can't get past the OLs to save my life.'' etc.

Yes, we could fix this sack problem by editing some traits, but EA should address it in the upcoming patch.
Old 09-02-2014, 12:01 PM   #8
Pro

T5063's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by booker21
Who said they are looking at sacks? Any link?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
I just remember seeing a twitter quote in another thread from Clint Oldenberg.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »