Home

How does one trade for elite qb

This is a discussion on How does one trade for elite qb within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-03-2014, 03:03 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: How does one trade for elite qb

What I am really curious to know is the opposite.. If you develop a stud quarterback but for one reason or another can't keep him, what could you get out of the deal?.. Only having 3 trade spaces becomes a bit of an issue here I'm guessing..

I have a 97 overall 22 year old QB with Superstar Dev. He will be the best QB in the league by next year. I wonder what heights people would go to in order to get him?
Old 09-03-2014, 03:38 PM   #18
Pro

BreakingBad2013's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharding16
What I am really curious to know is the opposite.. If you develop a stud quarterback but for one reason or another can't keep him, what could you get out of the deal?.. Only having 3 trade spaces becomes a bit of an issue here I'm guessing..

I have a 97 overall 22 year old QB with Superstar Dev. He will be the best QB in the league by next year. I wonder what heights people would go to in order to get him?
If you post him to the trade block you'll probably get half of his actual value.

You'd probably get two 1sts and a second.
Old 09-03-2014, 04:08 PM   #19
Banned

TheSaints7's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba2011
Don't focus on elite QB's, focus on QB's who could one day be elite. It is not worth the price you will have to give up to get a 30 year old Aaron Rodgers. Anyone of the following players can be acquired for as a little as a second round pick and an veteran positional need of the team:

Jimmy Garoppolo - New England
Zach Mettenberger - Tennessee
Derrek Carr - Oakland
Kellen Moore - Detroit (my favorite QB to build up)
Tom Savage - Houston

There are dozens of others guys to who aren't elite but with enough game prep can be very good QB's.
I agree. I have Mettenberger in my Steelers CFM and in my first Season he has performed better than Big Ben. There is not doubt that he will become elite for me and I only gave a 3rd and 4th for him.
Old 09-03-2014, 04:23 PM   #20
Rookie

Ferweezy's Arena

OVR: 5

Elite QBs really can rarely be traded for or hit the market. Just like in real life. Drew Brees is a very rare exception when he went to the Saints.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-03-2014, 04:49 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharding16

if you put him on the block...people will start to low ball you

what you have to do is wait for someone to approach you. That is when business gets started.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2014, 05:10 PM   #22
MVP

yeah but drew was hurt and no one knew he would be this good.......i know miami still crying
Old 09-05-2014, 04:24 AM   #23
MVP

Sheba2011's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferweezy
Elite QBs really can rarely be traded for or hit the market. Just like in real life. Drew Brees is a very rare exception when he went to the Saints.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
When Brees went to the Saints he wasn't really and elite QB yet. He had never had a 4000 yd season or thrown for 30 TD's in a season. He was good but not great at the time.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »