Home

Created players not celebrating?

This is a discussion on Created players not celebrating? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-07-2014, 08:29 PM   #9
Rookie

JHTJ's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Created players not celebrating?

Is anyone else experiencing a dread issue? 7 of my 8 draft picks have dreads...
Old 09-07-2014, 08:58 PM   #10
Air Raid

Dr Death's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by KobeBean8
Yeah, it sucks. They celebrate on picks and sacks though, but not on TDs which kinda kills it a little for me after a big play.
I totally understand that a lot of people like the celebrating thing... personally, for me, it's just some excuse to showboat and bring attention to themselves when, if it weren't for their 10 teammates on the field, they wouldn't be in the end zone to begin with...

Marcus Allen, one of the greatest backs ever - HOF, Super Bowl MVP - said, 'When you score, act like you've been there before.'

A lot of great ones didn't do the whole "Look at ME" thing... so it doesn't bother me at all...

I don't know why this would kill immersion for anyone, when you still see players act like mature men when they score and not little boys who scored their first ever TD... And no, I am NOT taking EA's side on this... God knows I could compile a massive list of all that is wrong with this game... but players - SOME players not celebrating is hardly anything to get bummed out about... at least, in my eyes.

Old 09-07-2014, 09:28 PM   #11
Rookie

jwagner82's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Death
I totally understand that a lot of people like the celebrating thing... personally, for me, it's just some excuse to showboat and bring attention to themselves when, if it weren't for their 10 teammates on the field, they wouldn't be in the end zone to begin with...

Marcus Allen, one of the greatest backs ever - HOF, Super Bowl MVP - said, 'When you score, act like you've been there before.'

A lot of great ones didn't do the whole "Look at ME" thing... so it doesn't bother me at all...

I don't know why this would kill immersion for anyone, when you still see players act like mature men when they score and not little boys who scored their first ever TD... And no, I am NOT taking EA's side on this... God knows I could compile a massive list of all that is wrong with this game... but players - SOME players not celebrating is hardly anything to get bummed out about... at least, in my eyes.
I have no problem with not celebrating, it's the fact that they always instantly turn around and either drop the ball or hold it til the sidelines. If they just patted a teammate on the back and went to the sidelines it would be cool, it's just really awkward how it is.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-07-2014, 09:51 PM   #12
MVP

OVR: 3

Quote:

jesus man, relax. so 60,000 people in the stands can celebrate a touchdown but if a person who took part in scoring it celebrates, even uniquely, its childish? yikes.

i can understand a person who's celebrates touchdowns expecting his videogame counterpart to do the same.

Last edited by 2_headedmonster; 09-07-2014 at 10:00 PM.
Old 09-08-2014, 12:20 AM   #13
Air Raid

Dr Death's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2_headedmonster
jesus man, relax. so 60,000 people in the stands can celebrate a touchdown but if a person who took part in scoring it celebrates, even uniquely, its childish? yikes.

i can understand a person who's celebrates touchdowns expecting his videogame counterpart to do the same.
Well, if you read my post, I said that I understand how some people like the celebrating. But I also said that if certain players don't celebrate, I don't see that as being an immersion killer.

Believe me, there's plenty of things wrong with this game... that some players don't celebrate is so far down the list that it's not even on the radar in my opinion.

Old 09-08-2014, 12:25 AM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2_headedmonster

Celebration has always been a big part of the game. Very low percentage of athletes that don't celebrate. It's the people that never played the game or couldn't play it well who uses terms like immature and grow up. It's creativity and it has and always will be an exciting part of the game.
Old 09-08-2014, 12:29 AM   #15
Air Raid

Dr Death's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueKingPK
Celebration has always been a big part of the game. Very low percentage of athletes that don't celebrate. It's the people that never played the game or couldn't play it well who uses terms like immature and grow up. It's creativity and it has and always will be an exciting part of the game.
Well, just so you know, I did play the game and was a pretty darn good wide receiver too. From 4th grade through college. The fact that I don't care for celebrating, for me, goes back to Deion Sanders and all of his crap. And probably 99% of the guys that celebrate today, all grew up watching Sanders.

Just... you know... to set the record straight...

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2014, 12:32 AM   #16
All Star

SmashMan's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
And no, I am NOT taking EA's side on this... God knows I could compile a massive list of all that is wrong with this game...
I like that you had to throw in this entirely unrelated remark just to keep your internet cred.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »