Home

Eliminating Pink In October...

This is a discussion on Eliminating Pink In October... within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 09-03-2014, 08:19 PM   #9
PMO
Banned

PMO's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Eliminating Pink In October...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauer4MVP
People complaining about breast cancer awareness month.... smh.

What a world.
Lol true, don't think ppl understand it hits home to those have lost ones to it but hey to each their own I guess.....
Old 09-03-2014, 08:19 PM   #10
Windy City Sports Fan

Gagnon39's Arena

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForTheQuinn94
I agree with everything you said. I feel the exact same way.

Not to derail the thread, but is this the same Gagnon that used to make NCAA Football rosters back in like 2002? This wasn't on OS back then.
Ha. Yes it is. Those were the days.

Streaming on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/gagnon39
Old 09-03-2014, 08:23 PM   #11
Pro

Shon 23's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagnon39
Ha. Yes it is. Those were the days.
Wow, man. lol I believe I mailed my PS2 memory card to you a few times. Those were THE best rosters around.. and the only I think. Thanks again! haha.. time flies man. Good to see you on OS. I stopped playing sports gaming for a while sometime in '05, but I'm back in it now. Good to see you here. I don't even remember what the site was that I posted on back then, but I posted a lot more back during that period. Might've been a sub-forum on Madden Mania or something. lol Anyways, good to see you around.. and yes, those were the days.

Now, back on topic.

Last edited by Shon 23; 09-03-2014 at 08:35 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2014, 10:22 PM   #12
Rookie

croc500's Arena

OVR: 5

I remember sending my memory card too. Had a lot of fun back then.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk
Old 09-03-2014, 11:51 PM   #13
Air Raid

Dr Death's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMO
It's for breast cancer dude!
Trying my best to be nice and obey the rules of this site, let me just say that I am fully aware of WHY they wear pink. And let me also say that I have lost a relative to breast cancer and have a friend whose mother has gone through it.

All that said, pink doesn't look good on ANY freaking uniform, particularly in the NFL! When you see teams like the Raiders, Steelers, Bengals, Saints, Panthers, Bears and Ravens - you know - teams that have black - or close to black (Bears) - as a major part of their uniform, pink just looks really... insert your own derogative word here. When you see teams that have red as their primary color, the pink clashes in such a horrible way that it makes watching the game darn near impossible.

Now, what you - in all your infinite wisdom - are probably not aware of, is that the NFL makes a TON of $$$ every year off of sales of pink shirts, hats, jerseys and everything else to show the world how much they "care" about this sensitive issue, however, of the money they make selling pink-colored NFL gear, less than 5% of that actually goes to HELP breast cancer research, victims or studies.

This is all Roger Goodell, who is one of the greediest ############# on the planet. So for me personally, when I see all this pink on a football field, I am reminded of his attempt to look like a caring person, when in fact it's just a money-making scheme for him and since he answers to the owners, them too.

We spend half the year waiting for football, then 4 weeks out of the year we get to see something like this:

Yeah, that looks real good.

So please, save your soapbox for someone else. I know what the pink is supposed to represent, but it doesn't belong on an NFL field in NFL uniforms of which NONE have pink as a primary, secondary or third color.

How about the NFL find another way to honor women who deal with this or who have died from this??? Something that actually has significance would be a nice start!

Old 09-03-2014, 11:58 PM   #14
Pro

Shon 23's Arena

OVR: 0
Icon14 Re: Eliminating Pink In October...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Death
Trying my best to be nice and obey the rules of this site, let me just say that I am fully aware of WHY they wear pink. And let me also say that I have lost a relative to breast cancer and have a friend whose mother has gone through it.

All that said, pink doesn't look good on ANY freaking uniform, particularly in the NFL! When you see teams like the Raiders, Steelers, Bengals, Saints, Panthers, Bears and Ravens - you know - teams that have black - or close to black (Bears) - as a major part of their uniform, pink just looks really... insert your own derogative word here. When you see teams that have red as their primary color, the pink clashes in such a horrible way that it makes watching the game darn near impossible.

Now, what you - in all your infinite wisdom - are probably not aware of, is that the NFL makes a TON of $$$ every year off of sales of pink shirts, hats, jerseys and everything else to show the world how much they "care" about this sensitive issue, however, of the money they make selling pink-colored NFL gear, less than 5% of that actually goes to HELP breast cancer research, victims or studies.

This is all Roger Goodell, who is one of the greediest ############# on the planet. So for me personally, when I see all this pink on a football field, I am reminded of his attempt to look like a caring person, when in fact it's just a money-making scheme for him and since he answers to the owners, them too.

We spend half the year waiting for football, then 4 weeks out of the year we get to see something like this:

So please, save your soapbox for someone else. I know what the pink is supposed to represent, but it doesn't belong on an NFL field in NFL uniforms of which NONE have pink as a primary, secondary or third color.

How about the NFL find another way to honor women who deal with this or who have died from this??? Something that actually has significance would be a nice start!

Preach it!
Old 09-04-2014, 12:03 AM   #15
Pro

T5063's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2014, 12:05 AM   #16
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:

Who cares if Roger Goodell is just going for the image? He still is spreading awareness about a very important issue. And Yes they could find another way to honor the women. But how is this not significant. And name a better way than having it be part of every team's uniform in the most watched sport in America?
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »