Home

Confidence

This is a discussion on Confidence within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-04-2014, 03:56 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Confidence

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbattisti
Awesome! I used to take three or four seasons, because I would get myself into cap problems many years ago. But then I realized I can ditch everyone immediately and be fine with the cap.

Also, this year has much better UDFAs. So with a max of 25 draft picks per season, I drafted 25 in season one and 25 in season two, and filled out the rest of the 70-man with UDFAs. Some of them made the team over draft picks.

Incidentally, when I trade the existing players, I try to make reasonable deals. So while I end up with a ton of picks, I have only had four 1st round picks in those two drafts. The vast majority of my picks were in rounds 3-7.
I try to get as many 1st rounds as possible because I want to be able to draft a lot of superstar rookies. Then I trade them for more 1st rounders when they are due for their big contract. Although your way of doing things sounds more challenging and a lot of fun too. I think I might have to try that when I get bored of my current franchise.
Old 09-04-2014, 05:17 PM   #10
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by seahawks13
I try to get as many 1st rounds as possible because I want to be able to draft a lot of superstar rookies. Then I trade them for more 1st rounders when they are due for their big contract. Although your way of doing things sounds more challenging and a lot of fun too. I think I might have to try that when I get bored of my current franchise.
I have found that in this year's version you can definitely find superstars in latter draft rounds so I really enjoy that!
Old 09-05-2014, 07:01 AM   #11
Rookie

allhailben7's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
I have found that in this year's version you can definitely find superstars in latter draft rounds so I really enjoy that!
This^
Scouting is fun this year. I have a system and it's gotten me results in my 2 drafts (1 was a test) so far. In this latest one, I traded back from 4th overall to 10th and 16th and traded my 16th for a 27th and middle round picks and my 2 for middle-round picks because all my best targets were rated in the 3rd/4th round.

My Results:
1 75 QB Quick Dev, 76 C Quick
3 77 WR Normal, 75 WR Normal, 71 SS Normal, 72 CB Normal
4 80 CB Quick, 69 SS Superstar
5 68 LT Normal

That's a franchise QB, C and Shutdown CB along with a possible future starting SS and 2 starting 6'6 receivers all in the same draft. This was a 1-player online CFM (for sim stats), too, so there was no way to cheat the draft with save points.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2014, 08:02 AM   #12
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by allhailben7
This^
Scouting is fun this year. I have a system and it's gotten me results in my 2 drafts (1 was a test) so far. In this latest one, I traded back from 4th overall to 10th and 16th and traded my 16th for a 27th and middle round picks and my 2 for middle-round picks because all my best targets were rated in the 3rd/4th round.

My Results:
1 75 QB Quick Dev, 76 C Quick
3 77 WR Normal, 75 WR Normal, 71 SS Normal, 72 CB Normal
4 80 CB Quick, 69 SS Superstar
5 68 LT Normal

That's a franchise QB, C and Shutdown CB along with a possible future starting SS and 2 starting 6'6 receivers all in the same draft. This was a 1-player online CFM (for sim stats), too, so there was no way to cheat the draft with save points.
That's awesome! Haha, I wish I had your draft class! I have "reached" in both of my drafts to try to find a C but they were both 55s!! So I currently have a quick development LG playing C. (Although I won't actually change his position because if I do madden will nerf his OVR. Don't quite understand why he is a 74 at C in the depth chart screen, but if I change him to a C in the offseason he is a 65...)

I don't have the game in front of me now, or else I would share some of my own draft successes. I love those stories!
Old 09-05-2014, 10:48 AM   #13
MVP

Sheba2011's Arena

Quote:
That's awesome! Haha, I wish I had your draft class! I have "reached" in both of my drafts to try to find a C but they were both 55s!! So I currently have a quick development LG playing C. (Although I won't actually change his position because if I do madden will nerf his OVR. Don't quite understand why he is a 74 at C in the depth chart screen, but if I change him to a C in the offseason he is a 65...)

I don't have the game in front of me now, or else I would share some of my own draft successes. I love those stories!
Completely ignore OVR's and look at his actual ratings. Sometime his run and pass block will be just as high as the rest of the Center's in the draft but his awareness will be so low that it drops the OVR. Those guys are very easy to build up into good players.
Old 09-05-2014, 11:14 AM   #14
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba2011
Completely ignore OVR's and look at his actual ratings. Sometime his run and pass block will be just as high as the rest of the Center's in the draft but his awareness will be so low that it drops the OVR. Those guys are very easy to build up into good players.
Yeah, they are ok... Awareness wasn't super low, blocking is below average but not god awful. Bottom line is neither of them is likely to end up a long term starter. Or at least, I will certainly be looking for a better option in the next draft.
Old 09-06-2014, 04:58 AM   #15
Rookie

allhailben7's Arena

OVR: 1

I scouted probably 65-70 players in that draft. I didn't go in-depth, but I scouted enough to know who's worth taking. I always start with 1 stat I want and ignore players that fall below a B or C in that. That's how I got the CB--I only scouted Press until I found him as an A. QB was the 4th ranked, but I keyed on him after seeing a B Deep Accuracy and A THP, but he'll develop behind Carson Palmer, who I found in the preseason.

Now, I have this great class and some decent UDFAs to go along with the horrible confidence of my 4-12 team lol. It might take another year. I upgraded Janoris Jenkins to an 87 and he's a 79 right now with exactly 0 confidence... didn't expect it to affect that much.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »