Home

Tip on Fade Route

This is a discussion on Tip on Fade Route within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-09-2014, 12:41 PM   #1
PMO
Banned

PMO's Arena

OVR: 1
Tip on Fade Route

Looking for some tips on throwing the fade route, now 2 years ago it was better to bullet the pass and have the cpu controlled WR jump and catch the fast pass, then last year it turned into a lob pass which is kinda the correct way to throw the fade.

Anyone have any tips on fade route this year?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2014, 12:49 PM   #2
Pro

BTownSlinger's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Tip on Fade Route

I found the streak works better than the fade. The fade is curved and I noticed it doesn't work well with the animations of the WR. It's like they juke to track the ball, slowing them down.

Streak (straight line) and step forward as you throw has worked well for me.

From there it helps to know coverages and how to take advantage of match ups. Use the replay feature and treat it as game tape. Run a play and didn't have anyone open? Review the tape. See the coverage and what and where someone was open so you know what to do next time. Learn why and how the plays are working, or aren't working. Makes a huge difference to know what you're looking at.

Oh, and be conscious of the wind. If you're trying to go deep and throwing into the face of 10-13mph wind, you're probably going to get picked off. The idea is to out throw the coverage not make it a 50/50 jump ball. When the wind is at my back I try to work the deep ball the most. Wind is OP this installment of Madden.

Last edited by BTownSlinger; 09-09-2014 at 12:58 PM.
Old 09-09-2014, 01:30 PM   #3
PMO
Banned

PMO's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTownSlinger
I found the streak works better than the fade. The fade is curved and I noticed it doesn't work well with the animations of the WR. It's like they juke to track the ball, slowing them down.

Streak (straight line) and step forward as you throw has worked well for me.

From there it helps to know coverages and how to take advantage of match ups. Use the replay feature and treat it as game tape. Run a play and didn't have anyone open? Review the tape. See the coverage and what and where someone was open so you know what to do next time. Learn why and how the plays are working, or aren't working. Makes a huge difference to know what you're looking at.

Oh, and be conscious of the wind. If you're trying to go deep and throwing into the face of 10-13mph wind, you're probably going to get picked off. The idea is to out throw the coverage not make it a 50/50 jump ball. When the wind is at my back I try to work the deep ball the most. Wind is OP this installment of Madden.
Helpful but I am talking about the fade route in the end zone when I am inside my 10yd line. Better to lob or bullet, also do you hold up when you throw?

On your going deep passes on streaks do you bullet pass or lob?
Old 09-09-2014, 01:35 PM   #4
MVP

heelphreak's Arena

OVR: 6

Lob and lead pass to the outside corner works for me.
Old 09-09-2014, 01:38 PM   #5
PMO
Banned

PMO's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by heelphreak
Lob and lead pass to the outside corner works for me.
Nice thanks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2014, 01:46 PM   #6
Pro

BTownSlinger's Arena

OVR: 5

On deep passes I hold up when I throw and I lob. Bullets = lower trajectory which gives CB's a chance to grab it.
Old 09-12-2014, 08:54 PM   #7
Rookie

Qrashman's Arena

OVR: 4

I cant find the end zone fade play in the JEts playbook, where is it?
Old 09-12-2014, 08:58 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

If you have a decent TE the fade to him (when he is lined up as a TE) works much better than to the outside WR.

In the past the Ravens had a good fade play under strong twin TE.
If you don't have such a play in your playbook making one is easy enough. Just find a stock play that has a shallow dropback. We can still hot route TEs to fades right?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »