Home

EA Please Fix Online Ranked Match Pause Screen

This is a discussion on EA Please Fix Online Ranked Match Pause Screen within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-11-2014, 04:09 PM   #1
Pro

lolfalconsbeatu's Arena

OVR: 11
EA Please Fix Online Ranked Match Pause Screen

So I've been sitting at my tv screen having to constantly press "Resume" after my opponent decided to pause the game in the middle of the 4th quarter.

When I press "Resume", my opponent quickly offers to concede defeat and than cancels his offer, which resets that 30 second timer for the pause.

Any suggestions??? It's been well over 15 minutes now and the only reason I play madden is for the online ranked matches, so I do care about my record.

Has there been anyone else experiencing this issue???

Last edited by lolfalconsbeatu; 09-11-2014 at 04:30 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2014, 04:34 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: EA Please Fix Online Ranked Match Pause Screen

I've also seen that when your opponent offers a friendly quit and it is declined the clock resets. You can offer the friendly quit unlimited times so you can see where that is a problem. A cheeser can just keep offering a friendly quit over and over. I've had that happen to me. I did NOT want to accept it after playing for nearly an hour long game with overtime.People will do anything to get out of a loss. It truly is sorry. It's an issue that needs to be fixed!
Old 09-11-2014, 04:34 PM   #3
MVP

Hiro1's Arena

OVR: 7

I posted this in the glitch thread a couple of weeks ago.

For everyone that doesn't know. In previous maddens when you declined a friendly quit, concede defeat or grant mercy in an online ranked game that option disappeared leaving only "quit game".

In Madden 15 for some reason it does not. Allowing your opponent (usually the user on the losing end) to offer an unlimited amount of friendly quits resetting the pause clock each time.

Happened to me last night actually. Now a days I'm prepared though. Fire up my laptop and catch up on any show I'm behind on lol. The bum gave in after 25mins.
Old 09-11-2014, 04:39 PM   #4
Pro

lolfalconsbeatu's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiro1
I posted this in the glitch thread a couple of weeks ago.

For everyone that doesn't know. In previous maddens when you declined a friendly quit, concede defeat or grant mercy in an online ranked game that option disappeared leaving only "quit game".

In Madden 15 for some reason it does not. Allowing your opponent (usually the user on the losing end) to offer an unlimited amount of friendly quits resetting the pause clock each time.

Happened to me last night actually. Now a days I'm prepared though. Fire up my laptop and catch up on any show I'm behind on lol. The bum gave in after 25mins.

You are very right about the previous maddens. I'm not sure why they changed the concede defeat process this year.

I'm literally still sitting here pressing resume. This Absolutely sucks.
Old 09-11-2014, 04:41 PM   #5
Pro

lolfalconsbeatu's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevelle21
I've also seen that when your opponent offers a friendly quit and it is declined the clock resets. You can offer the friendly quit unlimited times so you can see where that is a problem. A cheeser can just keep offering a friendly quit over and over. I've had that happen to me. I did NOT want to accept it after playing for nearly an hour long game with overtime.People will do anything to get out of a loss. It truly is sorry. It's an issue that needs to be fixed!

You are also right, it works with friendly quit as well. I've literally been here for almost an hour withy this dude.

I just hope that EA has this somewhere on their priority list of fixes...

Ugh!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2014, 05:21 PM   #6
MVP

friscob's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolfalconsbeatu
So I've been sitting at my tv screen having to constantly press "Resume" after my opponent decided to pause the game in the middle of the 4th quarter.

When I press "Resume", my opponent quickly offers to concede defeat and than cancels his offer, which resets that 30 second timer for the pause.

Any suggestions??? It's been well over 15 minutes now and the only reason I play madden is for the online ranked matches, so I do care about my record.

Has there been anyone else experiencing this issue???
Take the loss and go play someone else until they fix it

2014 Cleveland Browns 13-3
2015 Cleveland Browns 6-1
GT: MouthyRat
Old 02-26-2015, 10:44 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by friscob
Take the loss and go play someone else until they fix it
Half a year later and it still isn't fixed.
Old 03-01-2015, 12:24 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 0

Its pointless to worry about an online game with no basis in reality, getting mad only gives them what they want - just quit and play someone else.

I gave up caring about online records years ago and its made my gaming experience online a lot better. The instant an online douchebag starts playing the fool, I'm out and on to the next game. I find that about 25% of games are worthless and the others are a mix of poor players and decent games.

Online gameplay is hideous in all genres, its troll heaven and stocked full of people whose sole purpose is to try to get a rise out of you for their own sick reasons. No one can stop them but you by deciding to not allow them to make you mad. Care less about the outcome and more about the experience and your online games will become more bearable and enjoyable in the end.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »