Home

Revamped Rating System

This is a discussion on Revamped Rating System within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-14-2014, 02:36 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Revamped Rating System

I don't hate the current one, but I was thinking about the possibility of a much better system. It seems like every sports game uses the same system so everyone assumes it can be only the one. I think something like a triangle system would work amazing in-game.

The top part of the player triangle would be the most important in-game as it would be 'Player Skills'. The normal things like Accuracy for QB's and Tackling for LB's. First look, the skills are assigned a letter grade by how overall good the skills are, but can be viewed on a specific rating level. The lower parts of the pyramid are typically less important, but if a player is extremely good at them it can equal out. One would be an athleticism grade (speed, height, weight, etc.) and the other would be Mental. The Mental grade would be something totally new to gameplay. The smarter the player, the more aid the computer gives. Not in a cheesy way or 'you don't even need to play' level. Just small sparks like aligning in better position, highlighting an open receiver, stripping ball in gang tackles, and if they are captains, aid in playcalling.

I'm just thinking out loud, but I think something like this would bring a lot of depth and realism to Madden. I'd also like to see a raising of importance in player's heights, weights, strength, and awareness.

Daring to Dream - The Dash Davis Story
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2014, 09:00 PM   #2
MVP

DCEBB2001's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Revamped Rating System

Quote:
Originally Posted by footbrawl
I don't hate the current one, but I was thinking about the possibility of a much better system. It seems like every sports game uses the same system so everyone assumes it can be only the one. I think something like a triangle system would work amazing in-game.

The top part of the player triangle would be the most important in-game as it would be 'Player Skills'. The normal things like Accuracy for QB's and Tackling for LB's. First look, the skills are assigned a letter grade by how overall good the skills are, but can be viewed on a specific rating level. The lower parts of the pyramid are typically less important, but if a player is extremely good at them it can equal out. One would be an athleticism grade (speed, height, weight, etc.) and the other would be Mental. The Mental grade would be something totally new to gameplay. The smarter the player, the more aid the computer gives. Not in a cheesy way or 'you don't even need to play' level. Just small sparks like aligning in better position, highlighting an open receiver, stripping ball in gang tackles, and if they are captains, aid in playcalling.

I'm just thinking out loud, but I think something like this would bring a lot of depth and realism to Madden. I'd also like to see a raising of importance in player's heights, weights, strength, and awareness.
Many professional scouting serviced like National Scouting or BLESTO utilize a numeric scale. In-house scouts also tend to utilize a numeric scale. Those provided to FBG ratings utilize a 0.0-5.0 scale with 0.1 increments. To me, if the scouts use a scale like this, then Madden should as well.

Just my 2 cents.
NFL Scout
www.nfldraftscout.com/members

Petition to EA for FBG Ratings:
https://www.change.org/p/ea-sports-t...bers-index-php
Old 09-15-2014, 07:59 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEBB2001
Many professional scouting serviced like National Scouting or BLESTO utilize a numeric scale. In-house scouts also tend to utilize a numeric scale. Those provided to FBG ratings utilize a 0.0-5.0 scale with 0.1 increments. To me, if the scouts use a scale like this, then Madden should as well.

Just my 2 cents.
Yeah that could work as well. I just thought letter grades are easier to judge from the overall point.

Daring to Dream - The Dash Davis Story
Old 09-15-2014, 10:28 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0

I think one thing that needs to be changed is how how everyones rating s are, some players should have a 1ish rating. Why have 50s or 60s as the lowest, also there should be no players with a 99 rating. I think this would help spread out the ratings as well as make it easier for the computer to determine who is better and who is worse. IDK, there are other tweaks that could be made. Like having a different way of rating speed and strength and what they actually are used for. just throwing some ideas out there.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »