Home

Maintaining Constant Connection to EA Servers

This is a discussion on Maintaining Constant Connection to EA Servers within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-20-2014, 12:57 PM   #1
Bob Loblaw

Jonsco28's Arena

OVR: 8
Maintaining Constant Connection to EA Servers

Why is this necessary? I am tired of losing connection to the servers and in turn, losing all my stats and the fact that the game won't count. It seems like there should be a way to re-establish the connection while still in the game.

Why can't it be as simple as uploading the results? I see no benefit to maintaining the connection. It seems like NCAA used to have something like that when they first introduced the online franchise.

I actually like Madden this year, but this loss of connection stuff is just killing it for me. Does anyone else here have these problems? I know it's not just me, because I play my connected franchise with my brother and he experiences the exact same problems. It should be noted that he has the same ISP and modem as me (Motorola Surfboard).

I've researched this, but I can't find anything that offers a solution. EA says its my ISP or modem/router, my ISP says it's their servers (which I fully believe). It's never anybody's fault and ends up just being my problem. I am not a network savvy guy, but I have gone into my modem's settings and I can't see where there would be any restrictions or problems.

I have no other connection problems with other games or apps (like Netflix), it's just with the EA servers. I actually tried the Xbox One version this year because the problems were present for me on the PS3 and PS4, just not this bad.

Any suggestions or help would be appreciated.

Thanks guys.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2014, 02:41 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Maintaining Constant Connection to EA Servers

Ive only lost connection from EA servers once and I've played pretty regularly, and I think that time was from server maintenance since I got the warning message. My internet here in Australia is not that great either, but it is improving. My advice would be to disable the NAT on your modem if possible. You will need to get a router if you plan to have more than one device connected at a time. This is almost a must for any sort of online gaming.

These issues are complex and almost impossible to resolve with your ISP, I wouldn't even waste time with them unless they've given you a reason to be impressed with what they do. You'll have more luck doing your own research.
Old 09-22-2014, 04:52 AM   #3
Just started!

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonsco28
Why is this necessary? I am tired of losing connection to the servers and in turn, losing all my stats and the fact that the game won't count. It seems like there should be a way to re-establish the connection while still in the game.

Why can't it be as simple as uploading the results? I see no benefit to maintaining the connection. It seems like NCAA used to have something like that when they first introduced the online franchise.

I actually like Madden this year, but this loss of connection stuff is just killing it for me. Does anyone else here have these problems? I know it's not just me, because I play my connected franchise with my brother and he experiences the exact same problems. It should be noted that he has the same ISP and modem as me (Motorola Surfboard).

I've researched this, but I can't find anything that offers a solution. EA says its my ISP or modem/router, my ISP says it's their servers (which I fully believe). It's never anybody's fault and ends up just being my problem. I am not a network savvy guy, but I have gone into my modem's settings and I can't see where there would be any restrictions or problems.

I have no other connection problems with other games or apps (like Netflix), it's just with the EA servers. I actually tried the Xbox One version this year because the problems were present for me on the PS3 and PS4, just not this bad.

Any suggestions or help would be appreciated.

Thanks guys.

Its most likely your opponent if it isnt you
Old 09-22-2014, 11:02 AM   #4
ND

NDAlum's Arena

OVR: 29

What game mode are you playing?

Online ranked?
Online CFM solo vs CPU?
Online CFM vs user?

Atlanta Braves Fantasy Draft Franchise | Google Docs History
NL East Champs 5x | WS Champion 1x (2020)
Old 09-22-2014, 12:06 PM   #5
Bob Loblaw

Jonsco28's Arena

Online CFM solo vs CPU as well as Online CFM vs user.

I am hoping I have actually figured this out. I did some deeper digging this weekend and I believe now it does have something to do with my modem. I set a static IP address to my XBox One and I opened up all the correct ports for the EA Servers. Since I have done so, I haven't had one connection issue (fingers crossed). It seems like I connect faster as well.

For anyone who is experiencing connection problems for any game, not just Madden, this is a great website:

http://portforward.com/
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2014, 01:29 PM   #6
ND

NDAlum's Arena

OVR: 29

My modem was the culprit in my case and I'm still having issues. I have the top internet speed at 50 DL & 5 UL. There is no alternative in my area and I'm not going to sniff that 5 UL ever. It's more like 2.5 UL

My old modem could only support 20/2 and on the PS4 it gave me 10/1.

I still have some issues with lag, I hate it (peer to peer connection system).

Atlanta Braves Fantasy Draft Franchise | Google Docs History
NL East Champs 5x | WS Champion 1x (2020)
Old 09-22-2014, 02:02 PM   #7
Bob Loblaw

Jonsco28's Arena

I had the PS4 version last year and my peer-to-peer connection was awful. I had a lot of lag as well. It was playable, but it was frustrating. With the Xbox One, my connection has been very smooth in terms of lag, but my connection was dropped more.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »