Home

Connected Franchise: Rosters Keeps Getting Screwed Up

This is a discussion on Connected Franchise: Rosters Keeps Getting Screwed Up within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-21-2014, 10:02 AM   #9
Dynasty Guru

JaymeeAwesome's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Connected Franchise: Rosters Keeps Getting Screwed Up

...and dropping Sankey to pick up Rice is a good move. It looks like the Titans don't value Sankey (I don't blame them). Like someone said earlier, make up a story. Once you hit "advance week" for the first time, the idea of "Real NFL" goes out the window. The only way to avoid this is to do 32 team control.

Madden 15 Sliders: Realistic Game Stat Sliders for Madden 15

Madden 15 Dynasty: The NFL Reborn...
Old 09-21-2014, 10:16 AM   #10
Rookie

btvs's Arena

OVR: 6

It happens every year... The CPU teams are going to always make bizarre rosters moves. Madden 25 last year the Cards always cut Andre Ellington. If you want certain players around the league to start or make the team, you have to put up there ratings before you start CFM. Or just ignore what other teams are doing and just focus on your team. Its annoying... but it is, what it is.
Old 09-21-2014, 10:38 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by btvs
It happens every year... The CPU teams are going to always make bizarre rosters moves. Madden 25 last year the Cards always cut Andre Ellington. If you want certain players around the league to start or make the team, you have to put up there ratings before you start CFM. Or just ignore what other teams are doing and just focus on your team. Its annoying... but it is, what it is.

Man what a bummer! I might try the 32 team control, but I'm not sure I have the time for that.

I wonder about depth charts. I will have to see if Sankey was listed #2 on the chart. If not, I wonder if I made him #2 before I started the franchise if he would then not get cut.

Doug
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2014, 12:15 PM   #12
All Star

azdawgpound's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougdude9
Man what a bummer! I might try the 32 team control, but I'm not sure I have the time for that.

I wonder about depth charts. I will have to see if Sankey was listed #2 on the chart. If not, I wonder if I made him #2 before I started the franchise if he would then not get cut.

Doug

don't mess with depth charts no matter what u do outside of cfm.... they all get reset once u enter the mode I spent hrs getting all the rosters 100% correct... depth charts etc went into cfm and noticed all the depth charts were different so seems me like either the game or the cmp changes things once u get into there.

not sure if 32 man control will fix that or not but if it does still a pain to have to go through all 32 teams and set them all back up.
Old 09-22-2014, 11:03 AM   #13
Banned

OVR: 0

I've completely edited my rosters to be accurate when CFM starts.

One of the things I do is cut players so the rosters will remain accurate, so for the Titans, cut Washington. They'll always keep 3 RB's so Sankey will stay put, also lower Shonne Greene about 2 pts, and lower McCluster to about 73 overall. You'll also have to raise Locker to about 80 overall.

I've done tons of tweaks, some of the most notable:

Lower Kap, Cam, Wilson, about 3 points, Raise Roddy White and M. Ryan about 3 pts, raise Eli 3 points, raise Peyton's Arm strenght and accuracies, (The best I've been able to get him is 95 overall when CFM starts), raise Chris Ivory 3 pts, lower Joe McKnight like 7 pt's otherwise he's really good, raise Donnie Avery like 8 pts otherwise he sucks, raise Reggie Wayne up to 93 or so or he sucks, lower all rookie QB's about 3 pts, Manziel down to 72.

It's so annoying that I had to do this, but if you want the CFM rosters to be accurate, you have to change all of the initial ratings.

Some of them are really drastic too. Like 10 overall rating point swings.
Old 09-22-2014, 11:06 AM   #14
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by neume1mb

One of the things I do is cut players so the rosters will remain accurate, so for the Titans, cut Washington. They'll always keep 3 RB's so Sankey will stay put, also lower Shonne Greene about 2 pts, and lower McCluster to about 73 overall. You'll also have to raise Locker to about 80 overall.

Lower Kap, Cam, Wilson, about 3 points, Raise Roddy White and M. Ryan about 3 pts, raise Eli 3 points, raise Peyton's Arm strenght and accuracies, (The best I've been able to get him is 95 overall when CFM starts), raise Chris Ivory 3 pts, lower Joe McKnight like 7 pt's otherwise he's really good, raise Donnie Avery like 8 pts otherwise he sucks, raise Reggie Wayne up to 93 or so or he sucks, lower all rookie QB's about 3 pts, Manziel down to 72.

It's so annoying that I had to do this, but if you want the CFM rosters to be accurate, you have to change all of the initial ratings.

BTW I've changed probably 100+ guys
Old 09-22-2014, 11:14 AM   #15
Rookie

kcchiefs1984's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by neume1mb

Ha, you should lower Donnie Avery by 8 points, because he really does suck.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2014, 12:07 PM   #16
PMO
Banned

PMO's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougdude9
Sure... that's fine after the first season. I want to start my first franchise season and have it be close to the real deal. After the first season, I don't care what happens. It is just the way I always played the game. I get it when the real season starts and I like to play a real season. That is hard to do with the rosters getting all screwed up by the cpu teams.

Doug
This was the simplest fix for me, I simmed 3 seasons, each time just the 1st year. Noticed who was dropped and noticed who was signed..............then just added some awareness points to those people and bam this problem is solved in 10 minutes..............Sankey I gave more AWR points to, Ellington I did the same because Dwyer they liked to start over him, Ray Rice and Justin Blackmon I made 0 SPeed and 0 AWR so they are worthless in Career Mode now.................this really is a simple easy fix.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »