Home

BCV and ELU attributes for RBs? Worth it?

This is a discussion on BCV and ELU attributes for RBs? Worth it? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 09-23-2014, 12:21 AM   #9
Pro

Shon 23's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: BCV and ELU attributes for RBs? Worth it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpre5
In Madden 15 the descriptions are a little different and can be found under progress players.

ELU Increase Elusiveness to quickly get away from contact. Elusiveness is important right before the tackle

BCV Increase Ball Carrier Vision to read the running lanes. Ball Carrier Vision is important when making quick adjustments.
Thanks for posting up the M15 definitions of the ELU and BCV attributes. I've read them as well.

If you read in between the lines, it seems you can interpret the way M15 describes the ELU and BCV attributes to that of M25's definitions, and also how they may still yet work.

ELU for M15: Increase Elusiveness to quickly get away from contact. Elusiveness is important right before the tackle.

The first line can possibly be interpreted as the ability to shed tackles, being able to "quickly get away from contact." As for the second line of that definition, I don't how to interpret that one. No comparisons to the M25 definition for the second sentence.

BCV for M15: Increase Ball Carrier Vision to read the running lanes. Ball Carrier Vision is important when making quick adjustments.

I believe the first sentence here just sets up the meaning of this attribute in the second sentence of the definition. The first sentence is just telling us what it would "naturally" do for a RB, while the second sentence can be interpreted when reading the, "is important when making quick adjustments" line. That can possibly be interpreted as to what some feel like is the RB weaving between the line, side-stepping an O-lineman, or slightly pushing off an O-lineman , all while keeping his balance.. which would all be quick adjustments or shifts in a RB's movements when physically interacting with his O-line.

Just a thought, as I would love to actually know for a fact on what these two attributes do exactly, as I'm sure some others would, when they decide where to spread out XP to their RBs.
Old 09-23-2014, 01:13 AM   #10
MVP

OVR: 20

My understanding of elusiveness was that this triggered how well you could break tackles. Not sure if spin or juke moves are involved, but the higher elusiveness the harder it is for the CPU to wrap you up (defenders slip off of you).

BCV does work for the user, too. Before they re-did the run blocking years back I'm not sure it did, but the better your BCV the easier it is to squeeze through the line. This includes the RB putting his hands on the lineman or making better use of his feet.
Old 09-23-2014, 01:18 AM   #11
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

I have not yet opened my Madden 15 copy to this date...

But based on past experiences with Madden 25 and NCAA 14 through editing and testing ratings on the field the BCV rating acts very similiar to the awareness rating on the field for QB's.

It helps them to spot open lanes and choose the best path to the endzone.

While the awareness rating alerts them to their surroundings on the field (Defenders).

Elusivness applies to all runners but IMO it has more of an IMPACT on QB's in the pocket to escape/avoid sacks.

We've actually created threads and posted a few videos over the past few years showcasing runners with high BCV ratings and their reactions within the game on the field.

I also believe that both ratings are more prevalent animation driven dependent upon the Tackle slider itself.

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »