Home

How can I get Ray Rice out of my CFM?

This is a discussion on How can I get Ray Rice out of my CFM? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-30-2014, 03:19 PM   #1
"I reckon so."

Last Gunfighter's Arena

OVR: 1
How can I get Ray Rice out of my CFM?

Ok, maybe it's just me but it really annoys me that this guy is still in my CFM. Before starting my CFM I edited the rosters and made all these "exempt" guys (you know who I'm talking about, Peterson, Hardy, Dwyer) punters and then cut them so they would not be picked up and used in the game. Now, this works fine and I didn't mine doing it but there is one issue and that is Ray Rice. EA removed him from the roster so you can't make him a punter or do anything to him before your start your CFM because he isn't there. Then you fire up your CFM and BAM, there he is, a FA and immediately gets signed. The only work around I found is to start the season controlling the Ravens as well as my team and then signing him to the Ravens and removing him from the depth chart. This is hardly the ideal situation because to keep him there I will have to keep resigning him until I can retire him, which isn't exactly fair to the Ravens financially either. I know for a lot of people this probably isn't a big deal but it bugs the crap out of me. Anybody got any other ideas/suggestions on keeping this guy out of CFM?

"If you work for a living, why do you kill yourself working?" -Tuco
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2014, 03:32 PM   #2
Pro

FedExPope's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: How can I get Ray Rice out of my CFM?

That's strange that he somehow still appears in the franchise mode. I'm guessing this is an offline CFM. EA seems to hate people who play offline, not releasing updates for them and whatnot (no idea why in the world online CFMs have patches and the offline ones don't...don't see how it should matter) so it must be a bug of some sort on their part. What I did was keep a roster file when I first got the game, made all my edits to players and such, then kept updating it accordingly. Of course, I'm missing out on a few players but for the most part they aren't big parts of their teams so its not much. That's the only thing i can suggest. Maybe go back and load the default rosters that the game came with, make edits and such, and just keep it and keep updating it as needed. Not ideal, and pretty much a pain in the *** to have to juggle between your roster and EA's, but its better than nothing.
Old 09-30-2014, 03:43 PM   #3
Pro

BreakingBad2013's Arena

OVR: 0

He's not in my CFM, I loaded one up last night.
Old 09-30-2014, 03:50 PM   #4
Pro

superxero27's Arena

OVR: 2

Having players that were removed in roster files reappear in CFM from what I gathercis not a new issue.

My answer is predicated on the idea that you're not willing to restart a CFM.

- Take over as existing coach John Harbaugh of the Ravens. Set everything to CPU control if you want.
- Bury Rice on the depth chart.
- At the earliest time you may do this, change his position to FB or something where his OVR is poor.
- Cut him.
- His over should be poor enough that he languishes as a free agent until he retires or disappears.
- "Retire" coach Harbaugh. (With an existing coach/player, "retire" doesn't actually retire the guy, it just returns him to CPU control.

My teams:
NFL - Minnesota Vikings, Arizona Cardinals
NCAAF/B - Arizona Wildcats, Northern Arizona Lumberjacks, North Texas Mean Green

I find it amusing that the OS icon for NAU is 20 years (and three rebrands!) out of date.
Old 09-30-2014, 04:14 PM   #5
"I reckon so."

Last Gunfighter's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by BreakingBad2013
He's not in my CFM, I loaded one up last night.
Well, I'm not sure how that is possible. Are you sure he's not in FA or on another team? I am using the latest EA roster, he doesn't show on there but as soon as I start an offline CFM he is in FA and quickly gets signed to another team, I think the Titans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by superxero27
Having players that were removed in roster files reappear in CFM from what I gathercis not a new issue.

My answer is predicated on the idea that you're not willing to restart a CFM.

- Take over as existing coach John Harbaugh of the Ravens. Set everything to CPU control if you want.
- Bury Rice on the depth chart.
- At the earliest time you may do this, change his position to FB or something where his OVR is poor.
- Cut him.
- His over should be poor enough that he languishes as a free agent until he retires or disappears.
- "Retire" coach Harbaugh. (With an existing coach/player, "retire" doesn't actually retire the guy, it just returns him to CPU control.
Actually I will be restarting my CFM when the patch drops but I don't see how that would help me. I pretty much did what you said to get him buried on the depth chart for now but I would obviously rather he were gone. I would have preferred if they left him on the roster like the "exempt" players and then I could just make him a punter and cut him like I did the other guys. But since he doesn't show on the roster outside of CFM you can't edit him. Very frustrating.

"If you work for a living, why do you kill yourself working?" -Tuco
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2014, 04:17 PM   #6
Pro

kchuskey's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Gunfighter
Well, I'm not sure how that is possible. Are you sure he's not in FA or on another team? I am using the latest EA roster, he doesn't show on there but as soon as I start an offline CFM he is in FA and quickly gets signed to another team, I think the Titans.

Actually I will be restarting my CFM when the patch drops but I don't see how that would help me. I pretty much did what you said to get him buried on the depth chart for now but I would obviously rather he were gone. I would have preferred if they left him on the roster like the "exempt" players and then I could just make him a punter and cut him like I did the other guys. But since he doesn't show on the roster outside of CFM you can't edit him. Very frustrating.

Just change his name to Ike Turner.

"I remember a day before sliders existed, when we would play an entire season, before dinner."
Old 09-30-2014, 04:18 PM   #7
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

I don't think it's possible to remove him outright due to the way CFM rosters work. They are their own thing which the user can't explicitly modify. It's a weird setup that EA has here. Effectively until EA releases a Career Roster update without Ray Rice, he's always going to at-minimum show up in the free agent list whenever you start a new CFM.

If you still have access to a Play Now roster file with Ray Rice on it, you could effectively remove him by reducing all his ratings to zero in that roster file, then importing that roster into CFM. Most likely then the Ravens will cut him during the preseason, then he'll be erased from the game during the free agency list purge which happens when the game advances to Regular Season Week 1 (to clear space for incoming draft prospects).
Old 09-30-2014, 04:22 PM   #8
Pro

kchuskey's Arena

OVR: 4

He was removed in the week 3 roster update. I have week 4 roster update, and as far as I can tell, he was nowhere to be found in the CFM I started.

"I remember a day before sliders existed, when we would play an entire season, before dinner."

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »