Home

Drafted Rookies Suggestion

This is a discussion on Drafted Rookies Suggestion within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-02-2014, 12:10 AM   #1
Pro

whosnext00's Arena

OVR: 3
Drafted Rookies Suggestion

I haven't posted here in quite a while but did want to post a note after playing Madden 15 and love simulation style of play.

Randomly generated rookies in Madden have been horrible for years in the aesthetics department as if they're not given any attention at all.

#1 - The shoulder pads for all generated rookies are huge and cannot be adjusted! This needs fixed and should have been fixed years ago. It's especially prevalent in Madden 15 on PS4.

#2 - The player portraits are just depressing as there are a ton of duplicates in every draft and the same ones have been used for years. Also, they are much much lower quality than the regular player portraits.

Suggestion: My idea for the portraits is to give random men an incentive to be a part of Madden 16 by offering up professional grade portraits that will be added to the generated rookies during the draft. If that's not enough to entice people, offer up a free Madden 16 T-Shirt or something. Do this for around 500 people and we'll have enough random, professional grade photos to cover 10+ years of Madden drafts. The portraits need to be the same quality as actual players and the people need to wear the same white shirt that all the real players wear for their portraits so they look like they're actually part of the game.

Anyhow, this is something that has bugged me for years so I thought I'd finally throw it out there. If you agree, awesome! Reply and support the thread, hopefully the Madden devs will see it for next year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-02-2014, 02:13 AM   #2
Rookie

wolfpack23's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Drafted Rookies Suggestion

For me the portraits aren't as big of a deal. However, the aesthetics of the players in game absolutely kill me. It makes it hard for me to stay invested in my franchise when a few seasons in every wide receiver has giant shoulder pads and tiny legs. I also don't understand how "random" draft classes generate players with the same exact helmet style and apparent brotherhood of left wrist bands. These issues are magnified because the game is so beautiful visually prior to rookies coming into the league. It's just bad when you can point out every single rookie because of the way they look.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »