Home

3-4 def tips

This is a discussion on 3-4 def tips within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-06-2014, 05:02 PM   #17
All Star

azdawgpound's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: 3-4 def tips

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeffy
I've got no idea how y'all get 5-6 sacks a game... With an 80+ rated Dline (and OLBs when blitzing), mixing coverage and blitzes, etc, I get 2, maybe 3 a game. The likes of Orakpo, Kerrigan, John Abraham, Daryl Washington, whomever, get stonewalled by 70s and 80s. Making adjustments and not, user or not, etc. It's ridiculous. All-Pro, default sliders.

we'll in my first cfm game the other day haven't touched it since I had 8 sacks and I wasen't even to halftime yet... I had 5 by me 3 by the cmp at rate I was getting them I prob would of had 16 by the end of the game n I play on all-pro adjusted sliders 12 minute quarters 25 acc clock.
Old 10-06-2014, 05:06 PM   #18
Pro

BreakingBad2013's Arena

OVR: 0

On All-Madden Dwight Freeney (Free Agency) racked up enough sacks to break the NFL Sacks in a Season Record for me. It's quite simple, you get on the player, user him, press A after you tangle up with the OL, and he'll slip by (90+ finesse move)
Old 10-06-2014, 05:10 PM   #19
Rookie

Zeffy's Arena

That honestly rarely works for me. And when it does, it takes way too long to do it, and the QB already has gotten the ball off. Against 70ish RTs, my 90+ LE or LOLB (4-3/3-4) can't get off the block quick enough to get any pressure. Same with almost every other lineman. I don't think I have more than... 5 sacks? without sending 5-6 man rushes. And that's TOTAL since I've gotten this game. I have to blitz and hope my coverage can hold up more than what seems like two seconds for the pressure to even be felt by the qb.
Old 10-06-2014, 05:15 PM   #20
Pro

BreakingBad2013's Arena

Quote:
That honestly rarely works for me. And when it does, it takes way too long to do it, and the QB already has gotten the ball off. Against 70ish RTs, my 90+ LE or LOLB (4-3/3-4) can't get off the block quick enough to get any pressure. Same with almost every other lineman. I don't think I have more than... 5 sacks? without sending 5-6 man rushes. And that's TOTAL since I've gotten this game. I have to blitz and hope my coverage can hold up more than what seems like two seconds for the pressure to even be felt by the qb.
Well most NFL teams in RL don't get 5-8+ sacks per game lol, so its realistic. I'd go to practice, get the timing right for the DL moves. Also, I like to move my DE/OLB around. Sometimes it ruins the CPUs entire blocking scheme. If they're right about to snap it, sometimes I'll pull him off of the line and attack the interior instead of outside, or pull him all the way to the other side, and sometimes that will confuse the CPU enough to throw the ball away, miss a block and take a sack.
Old 10-06-2014, 05:23 PM   #21
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Current gen right?

If you typically get one or two sacks a game but occasionally have games where you get 3 or more than that is pretty damn realistic.

And usually in order to consistently generate pressure you need to send more than 4 rushers. I would not be happy if a 4 man rush was able to generate consistent pressure.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-06-2014, 06:32 PM   #22
Rookie

Zeffy's Arena

Yeah, PS4. I'm averaging 2.3 sacks in my Online CFM (online league, 31 other users), but I'm on average winning games at halftime and have a 8-2-1 record. Rushing defense is top 5. I get plenty of opportunities to tee off on the QB, and nobody can get off a block. And you look at most teams, they only have 1-2 really good OL. Maybe 1 other decent OL. Most have an average-to-bad RT and/or RG. Yet, I can send 3 people on one side, and get absolutely manhandled. With an average of about 87 ovr across my DL. And people talk about using anybody and getting 5+ sacks a game. I feel like we're playing completely different games.

Last edited by Zeffy; 10-06-2014 at 06:39 PM.
Old 10-06-2014, 06:39 PM   #23
All Star

azdawgpound's Arena

OVR: 21

here's few pics from game I just finished I had 4 sacks the titans got 2 there was only 1 sack up till halftime and that was the titans.

now these aren't far off what I useally get per game shoulda had few more except qb got ball off right as I hit him.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sacks pic.jpg (52.9 KB, 32 views)
File Type: jpg sacks pic 2.jpg (51.5 KB, 32 views)
Old 10-06-2014, 09:45 PM   #24
Banned

So I am running the 3-4 def playbook and i am looking for any tips you guys have. I should be getting more sacks then I am. Sometimes the computer completes the pass cause they have all day to pass

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »