Home

Madden NFL 15 Title Update #2 Available Now, Details Included

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Title Update #2 Available Now, Details Included within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 10-09-2014, 09:43 AM   #473
Banned

OVR: 21
Re: Madden NFL 15 Title Update #2 Available Now, Details Included

Seems to go back to the realism vs arcade discussion. Most of the players here are looking for realism...in Madden and other sport titles. Arcade play was fun when you were 12 but most of the folks here are looking for an accurate, realistic representation of the sport they see on TV...whether it is football, baseball, basketball, etc.

One man's steak is another man's poison. I prefer realism, and want the game to reflect the game I see on Sunday...penalties, accurate rushing, passing, sacks, etc. I no more want to see 10 sacks a game as I do 500 yards rushing a game. Some others are ok with that. Many are not.

It's ok that we all may want different things from a game, but makes no sense to talk down to those who want something different.
Old 10-09-2014, 09:48 AM   #474
MVP

Gorilla Glass's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by capa
Seems to go back to the realism vs arcade discussion. Most of the players here are looking for realism...in Madden and other sport titles. Arcade play was fun when you were 12 but most of the folks here are looking for an accurate, realistic representation of the sport they see on TV...whether it is football, baseball, basketball, etc.

One man's steak is another man's poison. I prefer realism, and want the game to reflect the game I see on Sunday...penalties, accurate rushing, passing, sacks, etc. I no more want to see 10 sacks a game as I do 500 yards rushing a game. Some others are ok with that. Many are not.

It's ok that we all may want different things from a game, but makes no sense to talk down to those who want something different.
Madden is a video game and it does a great job at compromising.

If Madden was to go straight SIM, it would have to restrict the user based on percentages.

Then it would be boring. I think it's a good video game.
Old 10-09-2014, 10:04 AM   #475
Banned

NimitsTexan's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorilla Glass
I agree 1000%.

To me 5-7 sacks a game is legitimate in Madden. We don't complain if we're able to run for 250 yards or throw for 600 yards but hone in on 5-7 sacks? GOH!
If I got 250 rushing or 600 yards passing avg, yes I would want that fixed, too.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-09-2014, 10:12 AM   #476
Pro

mrsaito's Arena

OVR: 1

As information, I am playing offline on Pro difficulty and not having sack issues. (2 or 3 per game both sides). One caveat is that these have been preseason games so the best players are out of the game by the second quarter.
Old 10-09-2014, 10:18 AM   #477
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0

Small but important observation I have noticed post patch is receivers (whether they are WR's, RB's, or TE's) are not flying out of bounds as easily as they were when led to the sidelines.

I think they tuned the weight distribution better. Players still have weight and momentum...no question. But it's not overdone like it was pre-patch where guys that should be able to turn up-field can not.

It is a slight, small difference....but it's something I have noticed now in the last 4 games I have played post patch.

Game feels more stable on and off the field now.

Good stuff!

Dragons Dogma 2 (PS5)
Coming soon:
CFB 25 (PS5)
Madden 25 (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Old 10-09-2014, 10:31 AM   #478
Banned

OVR: 21

Quote:
Madden is a video game and it does a great job at compromising.

If Madden was to go straight SIM, it would have to restrict the user based on percentages.

Then it would be boring. I think it's a good video game.
Understood. We agree to disagree. It is a good video game. Realistic it is not.

C
Old 10-09-2014, 10:34 AM   #479

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
You all need to leave real life stats out of this video game.

Many of you are going to have this game torn up with all of your request for real stat values implemented in the game.

I'm not getting 5-7 sacks a game and if I do, I will be happy with it, not complain about it. lol

What ever formations youre doing to get a lot of sacks, then shy away from the formation.

You guys are really killing me.

It's been stated several times what this problem is causing and while your seeing so many people post about it.

It's been stated several times by several posters but I will speak for myself once again.

I don't care how this stat relates to the NFL. If this was a sim stat issue you wouldn't hear a word from me.

But it's affecting the play in game drastically. It's killing CPU drives.

You can say all day to us to be happy about it but it's not that simple. I want to enjoy playing defense and I'm not.

I'm glad you're not seeing it. Great. But don't talk to us like were idiots and were making something out of nothing.
Old 10-09-2014, 10:52 AM   #480
MVP

Gorilla Glass's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
It's been stated several times what this problem is causing and while your seeing so many people post about it.

It's been stated several times by several posters but I will speak for myself once again.

I don't care how this stat relates to the NFL. If this was a sim stat issue you wouldn't hear a word from me.

But it's affecting the play in game drastically. It's killing CPU drives.

You can say all day to us to be happy about it but it's not that simple. I want to enjoy playing defense and I'm not.

I'm glad you're not seeing it. Great. But don't talk to us like were idiots and were making something out of nothing.
I'm not talking to anyone like their idiots, but it's not up to me how you interpret posts.

I think EA should leave the game alone and that's just my opinion.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »