Home

Anyone still waiting.

This is a discussion on Anyone still waiting. within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-13-2014, 09:08 PM   #1
Windy City Sports Fan

Gagnon39's Arena

OVR: 25
Anyone still waiting.

I've yet to really get into CFM this year for a number of reasons. However, the patches/updates seem to have addressed a few of the issues, but not all of them.

First and foremost was the issue of sacks, then quarterback accuracy. While there are conflicting reports and impressions as to the effectiveness of these now, I'm willing to just move on. However, as petty as this may seem, the one thing still holding me back from really delving into CFM is the fact that so many players just look silly when you draft them. The primary problem being that 85% of black players have dreads. If EA would simply allow us to edit all players (not just equipment but hair and likenesses) then it would be fixed.

Are any of you guys still holding off on starting a CFM and if so, for what reasons? I'd really like to start one but I just can't get past the lingering issues.

Streaming on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/gagnon39
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-13-2014, 09:18 PM   #2
MVP

wordtobigbird's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Anyone still waiting.

No offense but you're going to be waiting a long time. Those issues aren't going anywhere.
Old 10-13-2014, 09:20 PM   #3
Windy City Sports Fan

Gagnon39's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by wordtobigbird
No offense but you're going to be waiting a long time. Those issues aren't going anywhere.
That's what I'm afraid of. I wish I wasn't so hung up on this issue but it just bugs me to no end. I doubt I'd ever make it far enough in CFM to see 85% of black players with dreads but simply knowing that it would happen makes me shy away from playing it.

Streaming on Twitch
Old 10-13-2014, 09:24 PM   #4
MVP

heelphreak's Arena

OVR: 6

Perfectionism doesn't go well with madden. I don't mean they shouldn't be accountable for their game but there will always be issues. I'm really enjoying this version but the are numerous annoyances.
Old 10-13-2014, 10:11 PM   #5
Windy City Sports Fan

Gagnon39's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by heelphreak
Perfectionism doesn't go well with madden. I don't mean they shouldn't be accountable for their game but there will always be issues. I'm really enjoying this version but the are numerous annoyances.
I agree. I don't expect it to be perfect, I just wish that this little issue didn't drive me nuts. It obviously doesn't bother some people. I wish I was one of them.

Streaming on Twitch
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-13-2014, 10:49 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 3

It bothers me too....not so much the dreads bc watching real football it seems like every team has tons if guys like that....but the uniform issue is driving me CRAZY!?!?! In one cfm ( I'm doing a fantasy cfm while I waited for the patch to fix sim stats and other things that I probably won't see happen like the sack and qb AI situation) and I'm 4 years in and there are starting to be a lot of rookies from the first off season now making their way into starting roles and all the equipment things are really starting to bother me....they all have long sleeves, they all wear the exact same things it seems, and they all look off somehow, I can't imagine getting more years ahead and Every player will look like this, it is very annoying.
I really like this years game too and they are so close to making it so the game never leaves my system lol, but too many little things still need to be cleaned up. Maybe next year.
Old 10-14-2014, 07:36 AM   #7
Banned

OVR: 1

I was cautious about starting my games as well but I find I am having a fun time with Player CFM as a QB. I am a Madden skeptic and I am so surprised that this might be the best football game I have played in sometime. With that said I know it is not perfect and would some more additions and tweaks made...but overall...it is fun to play.
Old 10-14-2014, 07:40 AM   #8
Banned

OVR: 0

THAT is your biggest issue? That's no issue at all. Player progression being ridiculously overpowered is the biggest issue. By FAR.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »