Home

No longer able to resume games

This is a discussion on No longer able to resume games within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-27-2014, 07:03 AM   #9
Rookie

finnish_flash's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: No longer able to resume games

A quick update on a pretty weird thing that seems to help. Someone said over on the EA forums that this seemed to solve it for him so I gave it a shot.
First I deleted everything and basically started from scratch. Then when the game starts and it tries to connect to the EA servers, PRESS CANCEL AND DON'T LET IT CONNECT. I did this and started a new offline franchise, and progressed to my first game and shut off the console after I played a bit. Fired the game back up, again CANCELED when the game tried to connect to servers, and it worked! I was able to resume my game where I left it. I repeated this and it worked again. Then I connected to the servers just to download a playbook, and even if I disconnected from the servers the game froze again when I tried to resume my game I had in progress. I tried shutting the console and starting it back up and the license agreement and Seahawks - Panthers opening thing came up.
So it seems like connecting to the EA servers for some reason messes things up. I have no idea why it happens but if I'm able to play this game this way I'll take it for now until it's fixed. Just make sure you remember to NEVER let the game connect to the EA servers. Only thing right now that I miss is actually getting the rosters but I'm doing some of my own so it's okay. The sliders are easy to set and I'll do my playbook sometime. Hopefully this is helpful for someone with these issues.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »