Home

CPU accepted a penalty that gave me the ball back

This is a discussion on CPU accepted a penalty that gave me the ball back within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-18-2014, 03:37 PM   #1
MVP

El_Poopador's Arena

OVR: 0
CPU accepted a penalty that gave me the ball back

So I'm playing the Steelers, and I'm up with about 8 minutes left in the fourth quarter. I just threw an interception after scrambling away from the blitz, and apparently I was in front of the LoS when I threw, so there was a flag. The CPU decided to accept the penalty! So now, instead of it being Pittsburgh's ball, it's 2nd and 15, my ball. WTF?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-19-2014, 08:30 AM   #2
tyt
Rookie

Re: CPU accepted a penalty that gave me the ball back

WTF indeed!

Were you expecting things to work how they should?..
This is EA SPORTS MADDEN.
Old 10-19-2014, 12:39 PM   #3
MVP

El_Poopador's Arena

Lol. Well I expect some issues, but not a blatant bad decision on a penalty like that. It was turning into a great game before that. They had just scored a TD, and the pick was on my side of the field, so it would have set them up for another score and make it a one possession game. Makes no sense.
Old 10-19-2014, 02:22 PM   #4
Rookie

Aolian_Am's Arena

OVR: 2

There is no option to choose to take the penalty. For instance, if the computer were to throw the interception, you would be forced to give the ball back.
Old 10-20-2014, 01:58 AM   #5
Banned

NimitsTexan's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aolian_Am
There is no option to choose to take the penalty. For instance, if the computer were to throw the interception, you would be forced to give the ball back.
I had the option to accept or decline a CPU illegal forward pass the other day . . . I am pretty sure, at least as far as Madden is concerned, false start is the only one you have to always accept.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-20-2014, 03:49 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 4

Yep. You can definitely accept or decline penalties. Not sure exactly which ones, but I've seen the option pop up a fair few times vs the CPU when they've been flagged.

As for the Steelers accepting the penalty thus giving you the ball back, that's believable if you've seen Pittsburgh play this season. They kill themselves each and every week in terms of missed assignments and poor execution and bad play calling and stupid penalties etc. Them giving you the ball back after the INT is par for the course of Pittsburgh shooting themselves in the foot this year. Kudos to EA for the added realism.

/sarcasm
Old 10-20-2014, 08:20 PM   #7
Rookie

Aolian_Am's Arena

I don't think you guys are getting me, you literally cannot accept/decline an illegal forward pass. In madden, in the NFL, in flagfootball, can't do it. In madden though, when the cpu or the human does it, the little grey box will pop up, but there is no option to choose. Illegal touching is the same way, as well as false start.
Old 10-20-2014, 08:28 PM   #8
Banned

I had something similar to this happen today. I was playing the falcons and they where kicking a FG on 4 and 3 at there 27 yard line they made the FG and I got called for RTK and the CPU instead of taking the penalty and seeing if they could turn the drive into a touchdown instead of a FG they just decleind the penalty and took the FG instead.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »