Home

Another Madden Anomaly?

This is a discussion on Another Madden Anomaly? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-22-2014, 09:58 AM   #1
"I reckon so."

Last Gunfighter's Arena

OVR: 1
Another Madden Anomaly?

So, I'm playing my Vikings Offline CFM. In a game against the Bills, just before halftime, I hit Patterson on a drag route and he gets tackled pretty quick and gets injured. Shortly after the box comes up asking if I want to keep him in or sub in his backup. Since it says he has a broken collarbone I sub in Thielen. Game goes to halftime and in the 3rd qtr I notice Patterson is back on the field, I'm like WTH?!?! I check the injury report and no one is there, so I figure just another Madden glitch. After the the game I check the injury report again and it shows Jennings out 6 weeks with a broken collarbone and Patterson is no where on the injury report! WTH is going on here? And yes, I am sure it was Patterson who got hurt, I use him on the drag routes because with his speed he can often turn the corner and beat the defender up the sideline. And I know Jennings played the whole game, he was my leading receiver! Anyone else see anything like this?

"If you work for a living, why do you kill yourself working?" -Tuco
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-22-2014, 10:06 AM   #2
MVP

heelphreak's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Another Madden Anomaly?

Did you check the injury report right after his injury? He might've had a minor injury that had him out a quarter.
Old 10-22-2014, 10:19 AM   #3
"I reckon so."

Last Gunfighter's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by heelphreak
Did you check the injury report right after his injury? He might've had a minor injury that had him out a quarter.
No, not right after, but when he came back in the 3rd qtr I checked and nobody was on it, him nor Jennings. I didn't bother checking right after because it said he had a broken collarbone and I had already sub in his backup. And Jennings never went down or left the game and then he shows up after the game as out 6 weeks with the same injury Patterson supposedly had. Just weird...

Old 10-22-2014, 10:32 AM   #4
MVP

heelphreak's Arena

OVR: 6

Man there's no telling. Madden has improved, but it's still filled with bullcrap.
Old 10-22-2014, 11:30 AM   #5
Pro

OVR: 0

Had something similar. Geno hurt for 2 weeks. After 2 weeks, he's still hurt. For 2 weeks.....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-22-2014, 11:46 AM   #6
"I reckon so."

Last Gunfighter's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleZ_3
Had something similar. Geno hurt for 2 weeks. After 2 weeks, he's still hurt. For 2 weeks.....
Thanks EA! If I had to guess I'd say just about everybody who has ever played this game has experience some sort of weirdness at one point or another. I was hopeful they were going to build a whole new system with the Next Gen, clearly that hasn't happened. I don't see any other way to really clean up the mess they have made of this game. I guess when you just keep dumping new code on top of old code the cluster is just going to get worse and worse.

All that aside, I am still enjoying this version of the game, much more so than any in recent memory.

Old 11-14-2014, 11:18 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Gunfighter
So, I'm playing my Vikings Offline CFM. In a game against the Bills, just before halftime, I hit Patterson on a drag route and he gets tackled pretty quick and gets injured. Shortly after the box comes up asking if I want to keep him in or sub in his backup. Since it says he has a broken collarbone I sub in Thielen. Game goes to halftime and in the 3rd qtr I notice Patterson is back on the field, I'm like WTH?!?! I check the injury report and no one is there, so I figure just another Madden glitch. After the the game I check the injury report again and it shows Jennings out 6 weeks with a broken collarbone and Patterson is no where on the injury report! WTH is going on here? And yes, I am sure it was Patterson who got hurt, I use him on the drag routes because with his speed he can often turn the corner and beat the defender up the sideline. And I know Jennings played the whole game, he was my leading receiver! Anyone else see anything like this?
Do not listen to the Audio on Injuries they do not mirror what actually happens to the player. Also when you get I think 7 or 8 injuries on your team, it will say something along the lines of whole family watching looks bad, yet no injury will occur because the max injured players you can have is 7 or 8 cant remember exact number.
Old 11-15-2014, 08:41 AM   #8
Pro

OVR: 4

Don't know if it's a coincidence, but from my time with the game madden 15 loved the broken collarbone injury, 2 of my guys had that injury. And for a while my TE would be injured, but he would always stay on the field. That no longer happened when I drafted another TE, so maybe it's a depth chart issue.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »