Home

Lack of Fade Pattern is causing major issues

This is a discussion on Lack of Fade Pattern is causing major issues within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-17-2014, 10:35 AM   #1
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34
Lack of Fade Pattern is causing major issues

The AI has a real hard time scoring when it gets in the red zone. Especially inside the 10 yard line. Its because the coverage is all tightened up because of less space needed to cover and the AI gets crushed by blitzes because it holds the ball too long. It dawned on me I never see the AI throw the quick fade to the corner. If it threw the fade and let the marquis recivers do their thing, it would cut down on sacks and make the AI a much tougher opponent.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-17-2014, 03:31 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Lack of Fade Pattern is causing major issues

the fade being broken this year is pissing me off as a user also, since my first year of cfm I drafted three 6'6 receivers and tight ends to make it happen in red zone, but 75% of the time the qb just launches the ball into the crowd without even trying to make the ball catch-able compared to previous years where it was too dominant
Old 11-17-2014, 07:45 PM   #3
Pro

majesty95's Arena

OVR: 18

Has the fade ever really worked in an EA game? I cannot remember it working correctly.

This is something I hope is worked on for next year as yes, it does limit the options inside the red zone and is a big part of real life offenses? Plus, it does limit the effectiveness of large receivers.

Twitter - Twitch - Facebook - Website
Old 11-17-2014, 10:35 PM   #4
MVP

mjavon's Arena

I throw fades all the time and have decent success. It's not a guaranteed TD but if you just lob it (no lead) right when they make their break, it scores maybe 30% of the time.
Old 11-18-2014, 09:28 AM   #5
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

The issue is that the AI doesn't use the fade. On 2nd and goal from the 1, of course I'm bringing the house trying to stuff anything up the middle. This is where the AI needs to get the ball off quickly. The fade is the right call there. Instead if the AI passes they usually get sacked because they wait too long for the play to develop. It feels cheezy having a 50% sack rate on the AI inside the 5 yard line when they pass.

And yes, this is on all madden with varying sliders to help to try to lessen the amount of sacks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-18-2014, 10:36 AM   #6
Rookie

carlito1171's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by majesty95
Has the fade ever really worked in an EA game? I cannot remember it working correctly.

This is something I hope is worked on for next year as yes, it does limit the options inside the red zone and is a big part of real life offenses? Plus, it does limit the effectiveness of large receivers.
Yes. Exactly this.

This should be a priority when they work on WR/DB interactions in the next Madden. The Dez Bryant's and AJ Green's of the world should be making monster catches over DBs down the field or on a fade route in the EZ, whether it's as a human or a CPU. The Alshon Jeffery's and Brandon Marshall's of the world should be able to use their body to box out DB's and go up for the catch. You shouldn't have to have 5 steps on a DB to complete a pass down the field. It's an awful reflection of real life NFL.

Another priority should be finally adding real back shoulder throws to the game as well.
Old 11-18-2014, 10:59 AM   #7
ND

NDAlum's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by majesty95

For a user? Yes. This year I haven't had much success but last year I used the Bengals in an online CFM and I had a great deal of success throwing the fade to A.J. Green. It's worth noting that I do not user catch so it was all A.J.

I've been so terrible at passing in general that I haven't even tried much with the fade route this year. I have probably gone 0/5 if I have to give a number.

I can't comment on the CPU using it or not as I don't play CPU games.

Atlanta Braves Fantasy Draft Franchise | Google Docs History
NL East Champs 5x | WS Champion 1x (2020)
Old 11-18-2014, 12:31 PM   #8
MVP

One of my go to plays is the fade to the tight end. I"m not sure why the CPU doesn't do it more but on Madden difficulty with the slider set I use there isn't a problem with the CPU being unable to score.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »