Home

Has anyone figured out how to avoid the offline 32 team CFM hang bug?

This is a discussion on Has anyone figured out how to avoid the offline 32 team CFM hang bug? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-17-2014, 12:20 PM   #1
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0
Has anyone figured out how to avoid the offline 32 team CFM hang bug?

This is a true call out for help to the OS community.

As many of know when you try to do a multi-team offline CFM on M15 you run into a problem when trying to play multiple games from different teams. When you leave your designated commissioner team and switch to any of the other 31 teams something causes the game to hang in what has become to be known as the "Infinite game loading screen" when you want to start said game for that week. Then of course you shut it down and your main profile get's corrupted and the restart bug kicks in for the game as well (wiping out all your sliders, play call tendencies etc)

Has anyone figured out what triggers this? And if so how do you avoid it. And has anyone been able to play a 32 team offline franchise on the PS4 without triggering this bug.

I know if you change anything in schemes your toast. Also if you touch any depth chart other than your own your toast. If you do any game prep other than your own (commissioner team) your toast.

Can anyone confirm this.

I ask because all I want to do is set up a 32 team coach CFM with the 1983 rosters, and set every teams auto subs (which I have done with no issues) I am setting all 31 other teams to auto everything except free agents and roster management (so no current free agents are signed) and injuries will be turned off.

If I do just that and only stick to my main teams games each week my hope is no freezing will ever occur. I will save that master file before I start pre-season week one so I can choose a different team to replay the season in the future without switching to other teams to cause the freeze.

I can't believe this was never patched as it was widely reported. Huge issue and EA really dropped it on that one.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-17-2014, 01:21 PM   #2
MVP

reverend_heat's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Has anyone figured out how to avoid the offline 32 team CFM hang bug?

before you play the game you want to, go to game prep, then delegate game prep or whatever its called I cant remember exactly right now, but its the delegate option after you choose game prep, then go ahead and play your game, it should start for you. I had the loading loop in my 32 team offline and doing this before each game fixed it.
Old 11-17-2014, 02:04 PM   #3
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by reverend_heat
before you play the game you want to, go to game prep, then delegate game prep or whatever its called I cant remember exactly right now, but its the delegate option after you choose game prep, then go ahead and play your game, it should start for you. I had the loading loop in my 32 team offline and doing this before each game fixed it.
Oh wow. If it is that simple I will be in heaven!!!!

So any game I want to play other than my commissioner team needs to have game prep delegated (or do I have to do this for every single team period?) before going into the game start screen and everything should be fine. Which means:

I can adjust depth charts for 31 other teams?
Make injured reserve moves for other teams?

It all boils down to Game Prep? Amazing if that is the case and a huge thank you for clarifying these other questions!
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
Follow me on Twitter

Last edited by Armor and Sword; 11-17-2014 at 02:15 PM.
Old 11-17-2014, 02:31 PM   #4
MVP

mavfan21's Arena

OVR: 12

The only answer I have that works EVERY time is to switch to the team you're going to play against, go to actions, select 'Advance to next week', go right back to the team you are going to play as and immediately start the game.

If you go to any other screen you have to do it over so be sure you have depth charts and rosters set the way you want them beforehand.
Old 11-17-2014, 02:34 PM   #5
MVP

mavfan21's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor & Sword
Oh wow. If it is that simple I will be in heaven!!!!

So any game I want to play other than my commissioner team needs to have game prep delegated (or do I have to do this for every single team period?) before going into the game start screen and everything should be fine. Which means:

I can adjust depth charts for 31 other teams?
Make injured reserve moves for other teams?

It all boils down to Game Prep? Amazing if that is the case and a huge thank you for clarifying these other questions!

If you use the method I posted above (switching to the opposing team and choosing Advance) you can edit everything and do whatever you want with Game Prep, no need to sim it unless you want to.

Works like a charm, only solution I know of that works and lets you do everything you want to.

Been using it for a month now, made it through 6-7 seasons with no issues.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-17-2014, 02:48 PM   #6
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavfan21
If you use the method I posted above (switching to the opposing team and choosing Advance) you can edit everything and do whatever you want with Game Prep, no need to sim it unless you want to.

Works like a charm, only solution I know of that works and lets you do everything you want to.

Been using it for a month now, made it through 6-7 seasons with no issues.

Ok. So I understand. Let's say I want to to play Dolphins at Chargers. My main team in the Dolphins (Commissioner team).

I go to the Chargers team screen to check their depth chart and say I want to make a change at RB. I should make the change on the depth chart before I set the team to "ready to advance". Then after setting the Chargers as ready to advance, go back to my teams screen (Miami) and start the game so I can play as Miami.

Correct?

Scenario two.

I want to play a different match-up in week one other than my main team Miami. Let's say Oakland at Denver. I want to be Denver. I should go to Oakland's team screen..make sure I like everything I see on the roster and depth chart (make any changes before I set to ready to advance) then set them to ready to advance, go to Denver's home screen and start the game.

Correct?

Thank's for your help!
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
Follow me on Twitter
Old 11-17-2014, 06:26 PM   #7
MVP

mavfan21's Arena

I know for sure scenario 1 works every time.

I never play using scenario 2 but it should work as long as the last thig. You do before switching back to the team you control is set the opponent to "Ready to Advance".
Old 11-17-2014, 06:52 PM   #8
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavfan21
I know for sure scenario 1 works every time.

I never play using scenario 2 but it should work as long as the last thig. You do before switching back to the team you control is set the opponent to "Ready to Advance".
Awesome man. Really appreciate the tip. I have the 1983 32 man offline CFM all set up. Only thing I have left to do is every teams auto-subs.

Then on to pre-season week one to test everything!
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
Follow me on Twitter

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »