Home

Progression is mind-boggling me...

This is a discussion on Progression is mind-boggling me... within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-27-2014, 01:10 PM   #9
Pro

majesty95's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: Progression is mind-boggling me...

Well, first off, running no huddle vs the CPU in this game is pretty cheesy lol. The CPU AI isn't really designed to defend the no huddle. I don't know if it is 100%, but they will pretty much stay in the same coverage the entire drive. So it's not like you have to be an offensive whiz to beat it. Now, you can certainly do that if that is what you like to do,. Just don't act like you are some offensive guru haha. Try it without no huddle on All Pro and report back

Back on topic though. We have covered the regression thing with players over 30 a great deal in this thread. However, some of what you are describing could be guys not starting when they think they should or playing our of their scheme. I agree that it isn't perfect, but the more I play if the less it bothers me. I understand what they were trying to do even if they didn't execute it perfectly.

Twitter - Twitch - Facebook - Website
Old 12-27-2014, 07:47 PM   #10
Just started!

OVR: 0

I recently thought the direction they progressed ended up being completely horrendous.
Old 12-29-2014, 08:45 AM   #11
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by over9000yards
I mean hey, if the computer isn't gonna stop my offense on All-Pro, that's their problem. I ain't about that All-Madden crap that basically rigs the game in the CPU's favor. I saw an online CFM super bowl the other day that was Raiders vs Cardinals with Matt McGloin/Tajh Boyd and Logan Thomas as the respective QBs for each team, so it's not like what I did is that crazy as far as madden goes.

@timhere1970 No no I don't have eli manning, jerricho cotchery, or reggie wayne on my team. Sorry if I wasn't more clear on that, I just thought the way they progressed was absolutely terrible. Manning is 69 overall and third string for the Giants now. I also noticed that Carson Palmer is 67 overall and a free agent. I also don't like messing with schemes and all that because I feel like I'll probably end up lowering more ratings than what I'll raise, but I might give it a try. Side note: Do you know how to set a custom playbook to your default playbook? I did it once, but I can't figure out how to do it again

It's definitely not related to confidence. I checked just now and all of the players that went down still have high confidence. I got all the adjustments in ratings from going to develop players, development history, and then under progression recap.
I believe when you look at players on other teams it is still giviving overalls based on your player type under schemes. That doesn't account for be individual numbers going down. Regression is too sudden in the game. They need to make it happen slowly over more time. If your playing owner make sure your trainer has world class regression. Messing with schemes doesn't change how good a player is, it just gives you an idea of how they fit your chosen player type. If your using vick you should have qb set to mobile. Your players develop faster if you have the player scheme set to what they are. Generally set player type to what your starters are or to a young guy your trying to develop if the starter is older. If you have MLB set to prototype and have a 3-4 tackler actually playing his overall is going to probably be lower because a 3-4 tackler uses strength, tackling and other attributes more in calculating overall. While prototype uses speed, acceleration and agility. Your MLB is still just as good but his overall will be lower.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »