Home

What a game changer, Not perfect, but getting there

This is a discussion on What a game changer, Not perfect, but getting there within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-29-2014, 10:24 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 2
What a game changer, Not perfect, but getting there

I am a Coach mode player only. strictly off line Connected franchise. call the plays, watch them develop, occasionally take over or throw the ball. For me, realism is important or as close as I can get to it. I have read post after post, I have tried about everything but the sack issue, the lack of a CPU running game and CPU never missing Fg's just about ruined the game for me. I bought a PS4 hoping M15 would be a great game. Actually I bought it for the show, But I only play sports games. I am the Brown's, so I don't expect to win many games. Just as I was ready to call it quits, I read a post on changing QB's ( throw ball away ) to yes and set all QB's to paranoid or Trigger happy. Figured it couldn't hurt nothing to lose so I took the time, about 35 to 40 mins and went and adjusted every 1st and 2ond string QB in the NFL. I would make all Throw ball away to yes and one paranoid and the other Trigger happy at random..Using JoshC sliders as a base OMG.. WHAT A DIFFERENCE. It was a whole new ball game. A grand total of 11 sacks in 5 games. OB's throwing the ball away. A complete game changer. Then I thought, Well if that works I'll try something else.
It made no difference what I set the FG slider at. It only affected the human kicker. No affect at all on the CPU kicker, All FG's were automatic, at least in games that I have played. So I decide I would try and lower all cpu kickers FG acc.. I lowered all kick acc by 45 points. If a kickers Acc was 90, I lowered it to 45. Kickers only, Not punters. WOW, I was now seeing missed FG's, especially longer ones, But I seen them miss left and right. This is still a work in progress, But it has changed the game for me. It is much more fun. Now it is just an adjustment of the sliders, QB's are averaging about 55 to 70 pct completions. I could probably bring sacks up a little as they are ave about 2 a game. My biggest issue now is trying to get a running game. Way to many RB's are stopped at the LOS. especially CPU has no running game at all. Ave about 45 yds per game. BUT I must say, this has made a huge difference in enjoyment of the game for me. This may not be a solution for everyone, But if you want far LESS sacks, some missed FG's with out screwing with the FG slider. Then take the time and try this out. No game is perfect, it never will be, and it may work different with you based on rosters, sliders and individual play style.. BUT if you were ready to give up.. TRY IT, it can't hurt.. And if anyone has any suggestion on how to get a better running game.. I'm all ears.. !!!!! Now if you don't want to take the time to do this, I can send you my roster just to experiment with before you make your own. My rosters are original, but with five created players on the browns. Me and my friends. If any of you try this, Please give me some suggestions, feed back, negative or positive,, either way.. Thanks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-29-2014, 10:52 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: What a game changer, Not perfect, but getting there

But then comes next year with it's new uneditable players.
Old 12-29-2014, 10:59 AM   #3
Banned

OVR: 21

I have always believed that the key to realism in this game, and almost every sports game, has less to do with sliders than it does with player ratings.

We are battling a 2 headed dragon this year - inaccurate and unrealistic player ratings and sliders that are intertwined. Your best chance for realism is adjusting player ratings.

IMHO...

C

Last edited by capa; 12-29-2014 at 11:20 AM.
Old 12-29-2014, 11:44 AM   #4
Pro

majesty95's Arena

OVR: 18

Great solution for offline players. Unfortunately, those of us in online league where there are some CPU teams, we don't have much hope

Twitter - Twitch - Facebook - Website
Old 12-29-2014, 11:44 AM   #5
Banned

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by majesty95
Great solution for offline players. Unfortunately, those of us in online league where there are some CPU teams, we don't have much hope
Agreed...

C
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-29-2014, 01:03 PM   #6
Pro

OVR: 2

Thanks for the response guys.. Really sorry for the ONLINE guys, I know many of you play that way. There is no reason EA can't or won't let us adjust anything we want. I guess if they did, we would have no reason to buy the next years version. As far as off line goes, It will last for about 4 years before the new players really affect the game. But can't you edit the draft class for Off line as a custom set before the draft. Can't you create or import a custom built draft. I haven't tried this yet, been just working on getting the game to play for my individual play style. And I play almost all of my games. So 3 or 4 or 5 seasons will be just about right before Madden 16 comes out. I also think I read that we will be able to take our franchise or rosters and import it into Madden 16.. Could be wrong on this.. As i said, this isn't for everyone, but if it helps even one person enjoy the game a little more. That's what it is all about. As I said, Still a work in progress.. Not a permanent solution..

Last edited by CleveCluby; 12-29-2014 at 01:06 PM.
Old 12-31-2014, 03:40 PM   #7
Rookie

if you havent already could you upload your edited roster to madden share? Id love to give it a go
Old 01-01-2015, 09:54 PM   #8
Just started!

I have never tried out this particular yet, already been only focusing on receiving the video game to learn for my man or women participate in style.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »