Home

Safety to Linebacker?

This is a discussion on Safety to Linebacker? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-17-2015, 05:26 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Safety to Linebacker?

I came up with an idea to have a situational LBer who's specialty is coverage, for situations like at the end of the game when you don't have to worry about stopping the run. And I came up with the idea to draft/sign an UDFA and convert him to LBer to fill this precise role.

If I were to draft a S and covert him to LBer, would his ratings change to the point where I might as well just hunt for a good coverage linebacker?

Basically, what I'd like to do is to essentially have 7 DBs on the field at one time with a four-man line.

Thanks in advance.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-17-2015, 06:40 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 1
Re: Safety to Linebacker?

Tampa 2 LBer in Dime? Urlacher the ex SS in college

Dont think they make it easy S to LB altho its logical
Old 01-17-2015, 06:49 PM   #3
Rookie

penacho's Arena

Not possible to change a safety to linebacker in this year's game
Old 01-17-2015, 11:53 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by penacho
Not possible to change a safety to linebacker in this year's game
I believe after the draft you can move the player to any position if my memory is correct.
Old 01-18-2015, 08:07 AM   #5
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potatoes002
I believe after the draft you can move the player to any position if my memory is correct.
You can move players at any time in the off season, but it is restricted and you cannot move a safety to linebacker.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-18-2015, 03:18 PM   #6
Rookie

SpyPirates's Arena

Definitely add this sort of thing to the community "wish list"... Rosters are not nearly as flexible as they should be.

There should be a randomness factor applied to the success of position changes, which would include not just intangible attributes changing, but also development changing (probably upward in most cases, but downward as well). And they should be somewhat reversible too, with the only downside being a lost season of meaningful progression if a position change isn't successful.

I used to do a similar position change with SS -> 4-3 OLB in an old NCAA game, and it worked pretty well there. The player would be unplayable his Freshman year, but would go up 8-10 overall points per offseason, and by the time his RS Junior year came along, he was a viable LB with speed ratings in the 90s.
Old 01-18-2015, 05:08 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbj273
You can move players at any time in the off season, but it is restricted and you cannot move a safety to linebacker.
I thought for rookies specifically during the position change period after you look at the rookie signings you could move them anywhere. I'll have to check this again.
Old 01-18-2015, 07:24 PM   #8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potatoes002
I thought for rookies specifically during the position change period after you look at the rookie signings you could move them anywhere. I'll have to check this again.
For rookies your only chance to move them is right after the draft, everyone else can be moved all off season but it is restricted. For example safety can be moved to corner or the other safety position. One they are a corner they can be moved to HB and from there to receiver or full back.

You also can't go the other way and move a line backer to safety. Linebackers can be moved to any linebacker position, or defensive end of they are an outside linebacker.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »