Home

The Anatomy of a Trade: A look at one Draft Day trade.

This is a discussion on The Anatomy of a Trade: A look at one Draft Day trade. within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-10-2015, 05:19 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: The Anatomy of a Trade: A look at one Draft Day trade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jershy88
Nice work, and great details! It's just a bummer that it totally exposes how dumb the CPU team management is, no wonder I can create a championship team in just a few years no matter what team I ball with. Fingers are crossed for a big time CFM upgrade this year!
Speaking of bad team management, I traded Nick Folds to Arizona for two first round picks, mid way through a season.

The next season, he signs with a different team in free agency....

Two round one picks for 10 games of qb rental? So baffling I almost want to give them back a pick.

Almost 😁
Old 05-11-2015, 10:01 PM   #10
MVP

jbrew2411's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josiphos
Speaking of bad team management, I traded Nick Folds to Arizona for two first round picks, mid way through a season.

The next season, he signs with a different team in free agency....

Two round one picks for 10 games of qb rental? So baffling I almost want to give them back a pick.

Almost 😁
I have seen stuff like that too.
Old 05-11-2015, 10:24 PM   #11
MVP

jbrew2411's Arena

OVR: 13

I might have found something new that is taking place.

Since starting this thread I have started two new CFMs due to my team getting in financial trouble. It took me some time to figure things out since the last Madden I played where I had to worry about that stuff was back on the PS2.

Back on point, I have found the same teams willing to trade their entire draft, outside a late round pick, in the following years draft. I have seen the Redskins, Falcons, and a Rams more then willing to trade 3 future picks at a time. For the 2015 draft I have seen all three teams trade their following seasons 1st-3rd to acquire a 1st round pick sat late as 27th. I have also seen them willing to trade 4th-6th round future picks for a 3rd round pick as late as 32nd or 4th round picks within the first 5 picks.

In both times I restarted my CFMs I have observed this. Most of the time they are not drafting guys that can help them much. I can get about 4 seasons end before the money troubles occurs and I have seen in two different CFMs where all three teams will do this multiple seasons.

In my current CFM the Redskins traded away their 1st-5th and 7th round picks in the 2016 draft. They did the same thing for the 2018 draft. Both times they would have picked in the top 3 but gave away the picks for players they cut or that are deep down the depth charts.

I hope they improve the logic for Madden 16 or ton down teams willingness to trade away the future for players that never play. I can see trading up to get a guy but things don't pan out, but to trade up for a TE when you have 2 guys with an 80+ overall ahead of the player you just drafted.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »