Home

What happened to living worlds?

This is a discussion on What happened to living worlds? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-27-2015, 01:47 PM   #17
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: What happened to living worlds?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
I corrected the thread title because I'm OCD and it was bothering me.

Carry on.
God bless you.
Old 05-27-2015, 02:03 PM   #18
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
I agree that football definitely has a harder "atmosphere" to emulate, but this series/dev has always struggled with the little things/details. It was nice to hear that they were trying to focus on it this generation, but it hasn't paid off yet. Like you stated, there have been other football games that pulled it off, so that is the standard for me.
Didn't Ian come on here and say that graphics would suffer on the field if they enhanced the sidelines?
Old 05-27-2015, 02:10 PM   #19
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thQtrStre5S
I would rather have as close to real life animations and game play than to have a bunch of animated fans and sidelines...I do not watch the fans or sidelines when I watch a football game..

I understand it creates an atmosphere and adds to the experience; and I would like that part, but it just isn't a priority over what I previously mentioned.
Why can't we have both though? Wasn't that one of the main selling points with the transition to Next Gen? Didn't they say these systems were powerful enough to handle these things. I mean they used the excuse of not having enough processing power & having to sacrifice things the entire generation last gen smh. Also, isn't Madden 15 only like 16 GB's? Aren't there 50 GB's of disc space available to them? I'm no game developer but it seems as if EA isn't pushing the envelope like other games (NBA 2K basketball comes to mind). Maybe EA is content being that they are milking the NFL license? I mean what's the excuse for no attention to detail? How is it that camera men are still wearing shorts & t-shirts during snow games? Why are there no woman, children, cheerleaders, mascots, etc...? Why are the sidelines still very underwhelming (no names on players jerseys, not reacting properly to what's happening on the field etc..) These things speak to complacency & lack of effort not a lack of processing power.

We all know that game play is most important but in 2015 we shouldn't still be having to sacrifice one or the other.
Old 05-27-2015, 02:14 PM   #20
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49

I think that's part of the problem JKS. I think this gen of consoles isn't quite as powerful as we all first thought. I think they probably wanted to have fully realized HD sidelines and crowds but these consoles are basically just low-end gaming PCs right now.

I don't think it's entirely a lack of processing power, I definitely think they can do a better job

I wanna make it clear. It can definitely get better, especially crowd noise and game atmosphere, but as far as the rendering of people on sidelines and in crowds, I just wonder how much better it can get before on field stuff is sacrificed.

They can definitely fix the clothing and add more model types for sure

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.
Old 05-27-2015, 02:19 PM   #21
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by The JareBear
I think that's part of the problem JKS. I think this gen of consoles isn't quite as powerful as we all first thought. I think they probably wanted to have fully realized HD sidelines and crowds but these consoles are basically just low-end gaming PCs right now.

I don't think it's entirely a lack of processing power, I definitely think they can do a better job

I wanna make it clear. It can definitely get better, especially crowd noise and game atmosphere, but as far as the rendering of people on sidelines and in crowds, I just wonder how much better it can get before on field stuff is sacrificed.

They can definitely fix the clothing and add more model types for sure
Yeah I hear you. Hopefully there's still lots of power they've yet to tap into with these consoles. I know sometimes it can take a few years to maximize. That being said, can we at least get player names on sideline players jerseys? Drives me nuts lol.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-27-2015, 02:30 PM   #22
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKSportsGamer1984
Why can't we have both though? Wasn't that one of the main selling points with the transition to Next Gen? Didn't they say these systems were powerful enough to handle these things. I mean they used the excuse of not having enough processing power & having to sacrifice things the entire generation last gen smh. Also, isn't Madden 15 only like 16 GB's? Aren't there 50 GB's of disc space available to them? I'm no game developer but it seems as if EA isn't pushing the envelope like other games (NBA 2K basketball comes to mind).
Rather than rewrite same essay on disc footprint, I'm just going to link to it this time.
Old 05-27-2015, 04:10 PM   #23
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Didn't Ian come on here and say that graphics would suffer on the field if they enhanced the sidelines?
Yeah he said that.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 05-27-2015, 04:26 PM   #24
All Star

PeoplesChampGB's Arena

That was last gen though. I dont know anything about how games are made, but this gen has a lot more power. Thus, I do not find any reason why the sidelines and the crowd cannot be better even in the slightest bit.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »