Home

A little more 16 news from IGN

This is a discussion on A little more 16 news from IGN within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-31-2015, 09:56 PM   #81
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: A little more 16 news from IGN

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSquid
Alright. I'm just not the type of person that wouldn't play something bc of menus.
LOL, I don't think I said I play Madden because of the menus.

I only mentioned I enjoy the improvement of it because I didn't appreciate the old menu.

Man, maybe from now on I'll keep all the improvements that I enjoy to myself, and just keep listing all the ones I don't like.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-31-2015, 09:59 PM   #82
MVP

SolidSquid's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
LOL, I don't think I said I play Madden because of the menus.

I only mentioned I enjoy the improvement of it because I didn't appreciate the old menu.

Man, maybe from now on I'll keep all the improvements that I enjoy to myself, and just keep listing all the ones I don't like.
LOL probably your best bet.
Old 05-31-2015, 10:01 PM   #83
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
The direction of CFM with Kolbe in charge is NOT arcade, it's to make the mode more accessible this year, nobody really played it past a few weeks last year, they have the telemetry for things like that. What is arcade about improving scouting, adding combine results, free practice, fixing confidence and regression, visual depth charts, etc... Those are not arcade features. I'll say it again though, the direction of CFM is not going arcade.
It doesn't seem like there really is any direction when it comes to CFM. It seems like it's just been stagnated since it first came out. They introduced it in M13 and it really doesn't seem much different. It seems like the vast majority of time has been spent either retooling the stuff already inside it or fixing the stuff they put in broken. They just touted the whole "new UI" in M25 and now it's getting redone again. They're redoing scouting. They introduced and re-did practice. And now they just continue to build on goals and challenges.

They talk about how everything is being streamlined but that was the purpose of CFM in the first place. It was supposed to be the base to continue building on over the years but it seems like they keep laying and then tearing up the foundation with minimal progress being made.
Old 05-31-2015, 10:19 PM   #84
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
It doesn't seem like there really is any direction when it comes to CFM. It seems like it's just been stagnated since it first came out. They introduced it in M13 and it really doesn't seem much different. It seems like the vast majority of time has been spent either retooling the stuff already inside it or fixing the stuff they put in broken. They just touted the whole "new UI" in M25 and now it's getting redone again. They're redoing scouting. They introduced and re-did practice. And now they just continue to build on goals and challenges.

They talk about how everything is being streamlined but that was the purpose of CFM in the first place. It was supposed to be the base to continue building on over the years but it seems like they keep laying and then tearing up the foundation with minimal progress being made.
I understand your frustration, I'm just giving you my perspective of what I think is happening.
Old 05-31-2015, 11:46 PM   #85
Rookie

Quote:
The direction of CFM with Kolbe in charge is NOT arcade, it's to make the mode more accessible this year, nobody really played it past a few weeks last year, they have the telemetry for things like that. What is arcade about improving scouting, adding combine results, free practice, fixing confidence and regression, visual depth charts, etc... Those are not arcade features. I'll say it again though, the direction of CFM is not going arcade.
Hey JP, from what you've seen and what's been released, I'd like to get your opinion on how scouting has improved. It's been one of the hot topics and I'm sure that will continue over the coming weeks and months.

Given what's been released, I love the combine results. Other than that I'm of the opinion that scouting has declined. There seems to be less immersion and close to zero skill involved. It's disappointing that the user is (seemingly) given less freedom and flexibility to choose what to scout, and how to scout. Taking into consideration the relative ease, my fear is that it will make a multi-year CFM more boring. If you're constantly picking up the diamonds in the draft, what prevents you from building and maintaining a dynasty from year 3 on? Obviously that's the goal, but not when it's handed to you...

Given your well known positive attitude and knowledge of the game, I'd like to get your opinion of how scouting has improved and how it will impact the user; both in year 1 and 2, but also in subsequent years of a longer franchise. If possible, also taking into consideration both a multiple user league CFM as well as a solo league.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-31-2015, 11:52 PM   #86
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by sebennayx
Hey JP, from what you've seen and what's been released, I'd like to get your opinion on how scouting has improved. It's been one of the hot topics and I'm sure that will continue over the coming weeks and months.

Given what's been released, I love the combine results. Other than that I'm of the opinion that scouting has declined. There seems to be less immersion and close to zero skill involved. It's disappointing that the user is (seemingly) given less freedom and flexibility to choose what to scout, and how to scout. Taking into consideration the relative ease, my fear is that it will make a multi-year CFM more boring. If you're constantly picking up the diamonds in the draft, what prevents you from building and maintaining a dynasty from year 3 on? Obviously that's the goal, but not when it's handed to you...

Given your well known positive attitude and knowledge of the game, I'd like to get your opinion of how scouting has improved and how it will impact the user; both in year 1 and 2, but also in subsequent years of a longer franchise. If possible, also taking into consideration both a multiple user league CFM as well as a solo league.
I don't feel like it has declined, not sure where that idea came from. I can't say anything more about this, you'll have to just wait to see more info and for people to start giving impressions once the time comes.
Old 05-31-2015, 11:57 PM   #87
Faceuary!

N51_rob's Arena

OVR: 54

Quote:
When you say nobody could you please explain what consittues nobody? Very broad term and simple trip to the online sectiion of OS will quickly dispell "nobody". I will admit that the number probably pale in comparison to MUT and online H2H, but thats no what you said. So in your own words what constitues "nobody"?

Twitch

Finally Access to Coaches Tape! Coaches Film Analysis

2 Minute Warning PS4 Madden 18 Franchise
Washington Redskins (0-0) Last Game: N/A
Year 1:
Old 06-01-2015, 12:32 AM   #88
MVP

StefJoeHalt's Arena

Madden for CFM should look no further then NFL network for this mode..what I mean is this..NFL is no longer seasonal..NFL is now year round..there is always something going on..hardcore fan casual fans...all enjoy this: upset players, Chip Kelly trading, restricted free agents, combine, pro days, camp battles, new coaches, coaches on the hot seat..these are all just small examples..my wife said to me the NFL is the greatest reality TV show! She isn't the biggest football fan but she gets immersed in all the extra stuff that goes on everyday of the year..again she couldn't tell u who Rex Ryan is but she watches NFL network cause of all the drama that is the NFL..this is what missing from Madden..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rule #1: Never leave a fellow Crasher behind. Crashers take care of their own.
Rule #2: Never use your real name.
Rule #15: Fight the urge to tell the truth.
Rule #30: Know the playbook so you can call an audible.
Twitter: @318TA621

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »