Home

Player Sense 2.0 - did it work? Will we get a Player Sense 3.0?

This is a discussion on Player Sense 2.0 - did it work? Will we get a Player Sense 3.0? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-28-2015, 08:41 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 1
Player Sense 2.0 - did it work? Will we get a Player Sense 3.0?

Hi Guys,

Wanted to get your thoughts on Player Sense 2.0. For Madden 15 Player Sense 2.0 was supposed to enable individual players (CPU and USER controlled players - all 22) the ability to take advantage of 60 calculations per second, branching animations, and 'think on the fly' traits enabling them to react to properly react to football situations.

My question: Did the system meet your expectations? Do you feel it worked as advertised? Did you ever see or experience plays where maybe the Player Sense system excelled? Or, did you still see defenders crashing into the offensive line as they tried to pursue the ball carrier?

Finally, do you think we'll see a Player Sense 3.0 promoted for Madden 16? What expectations would you have for that system?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-28-2015, 09:01 AM   #2
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Player Sense 2.0 - did it work? Will we get a Player Sense 3.0?

It did not meet my expectations..I saw inconsistent moments where, for example, the ball carrier would put his arm out to avoid running into the back of a teammate, more than not, the ball carrier ran into his defender and got stuck...

I would hope to see an improved version for M16..

I did witness some nice blitz paths taken where the blitzing player actually avoided their own blocker at the Line of Scrimmage.

Last edited by 4thQtrStre5S; 05-28-2015 at 09:04 AM.
Old 05-28-2015, 09:04 AM   #3
Banned

OVR: 21

I think there was a lot left to be implemented here. I mean, when players run out of bounds with more than enough room to have turned up field, what kind of "sense" do they have??

As mentioned, RBs getting stuck on own blockers is also an issue. Looks like a lot of work left to be done for this.

C
Old 05-28-2015, 09:18 AM   #4
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

It didn't meet my expectations and I'm not sure what's in store for the future, one can only hope.

I'm just waiting for the CFM news tomorrow and the trickle of info to start forming.

Most to the other expectations or lack of have already been discussed in various other threads, so, I won't touch on those at this time.

Edit- There is also improved player sense on the sidelines.

The good should also be pointed out in this forum.

Last edited by roadman; 05-28-2015 at 09:35 AM.
Old 05-28-2015, 09:24 AM   #5
MVP

Junior Moe's Arena

It didn't work to my expectations, either. I was playing Madden the other day, Browns vs Seahawks. And MarShawn Lynch burst through the line, he had an easy 5 to 7 yards going strait but he inextricably cut left (I think he was following his blocker) and ran into a pile of my defenders. Not sure if that's more a function of player sense, or running logic. Either way, it's baffling because a back should always "run to daylight" in that instance.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-28-2015, 09:34 AM   #6
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49

Man, I had a long response written and then my iPad freaked out and I lost it.

Ugh.

In short, no, Player Sense 2.0 did not meet my expectations in the least bit and this is an area of the game that needs A LOT of work.

One example, and this maybe is my biggest pet peeve in the game right now, is when you have a guy in coverage, and he is directly behind the guy he is covering, on like a slant or a crossing route or some sort. When the ball is thrown, instead of making a play on it, tackling for a short gain or potentially breaking up the pass, the defender ignores the fact that there is a full body between him and the ball and doesn't even play the WR at all, he goes into this weird "casual catch" animation as if the ball were thrown to him, even though it is physically impossible for the ball to reach his hands, there is a guy standing directly in front of him, and that casual catch animation carries out long enough for the WR to catch the ball and what should have been a short gain is a big gain and it just looks awful.

Don't even get me started on CPU QB AI and play calling.

I feel like players are not very aware yet and it does bother me. We still see too many players have very little sideline sense and run out of bounds on passes to the flats. I feel like instead of "Player Sense" I mostly just see the same players getting tethered to old legacy animation issues.

Honestly, this may sound harsh, but I do believe that CPU Controlled Player AI (just referring to that specifically in this case) may be in the worst state it's been in a long time.

Really hope this gets improved upon.

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.
Old 05-28-2015, 11:28 AM   #7
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

No. I saw no real difference in player sense 2.0 from 1.0. I just want to know where they come up with this stuff because when they're talking it up, it sounds great. I play the game it comes off like the same Madden.

Maybe the intelligence is there, but the animations aren't, who knows. All I know is there is a disconnect from what they tell us we're getting, to what we actually get.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 05-28-2015, 12:36 PM   #8
Rookie

To keep it short no. I'm not exaggerating when I say I haven't felt madden as a whole game has changed much since playing every year last gen into this current gen. Sure they made new animations with code word feature sets but in the end its still madden from 2011 on.

True step was implemented half way in 2011. It got cleaned up this gen but its still the same because only the ball carrier utilizes it. But the sense that the CPU players have has stayed the same throughout. But its Madden. It has always been a watered down fun first play with friends type of game. Only one I have really been fully immersed against cpu only in was 05 with the newspapers and Tony Bruno show. Since then I haven't played a whole season of Madden once. Did I still buy the games? Yes never from the stores and never full price. Mostly Craigslist or borrowed from family members. For madden 15 I purchased the ea access for a month and after playing the opening sequence I didn't see a difference from 25 to hold me into it. Shame too.
If you go to any forum of every ea sports title you would see its all the same. Its not a development problem. I think ea is just the Walmart of sports game. Try to have everything you need but the experience leaves you dirty like why did I come here. I should have went to Target lol

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »