Home

Madden: A continued Trend

This is a discussion on Madden: A continued Trend within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-05-2015, 12:06 PM   #1
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63
Madden: A continued Trend

So I was checking a PM in my arena when I saw a couple old write ups I had written. I started browsing through and was surprised just how many of these things are still a issue 5 years later or so.

Check them out and see what you guys think. Some things have honestly been improved and I loved Madden 15 but it still pains me to see the major short comings, for instance penalties still not working......................COME ON MAN!!!!!!!!!!!

Some pictures and links are now broken but for the most part the post still holds a lot of truths still.
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...real-life.html

http://www.operationsports.com/Phobi...football-hate/

Edit: Oh and these were written for the 360/PS3 era, sad to see the same issues still present in the much more powerful PS4/X1 days.

Last edited by Phobia; 06-05-2015 at 12:10 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-05-2015, 12:37 PM   #2
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden: A continued Trend

Supposedly we are going to see defensive pass interference and defensive holding, which we haven't really seen before; what concerns me is if these two penalties become the majorly called penalties and they are used within the design of the game to give people an incentive to throw deep just to draw the penalty and thus cheese for better field position..

I am seeing a better WR/DB interaction gameplay, per information from EA, but the risk/reward system is going to be the 2 penalties mentioned above, and I fear that will force users to stave off tight/aggressive coverage and thus, after all is said and done, open up the offense even more, for the big pass play, and then Madden is heading closer and closer to a non-effective defensive system and a total offense, high scoring system..

Anything, such as penalties, are fine in the game, if designed and work properly without a means to abuse by unscrupulous users.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »