Home

Madden 16 CFM: Still no Draft Board

This is a discussion on Madden 16 CFM: Still no Draft Board within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-10-2015, 04:05 PM   #33
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Madden 16 CFM: Still no Draft Board

Quote:
Originally Posted by LorenzoDC
Just another example - as if we needed another - of EA's complete lack of interest in using the most sim-friendly mode to create a sim player experience.

Can't scout for the targeted attributes that matter to how you build your team? Check.

Can't set up your own draft board? Check.

And especially, no further growth in the Head Coach 09 game concept direction? Check.

I don't buy for a minute Looman just stepped aside to "spend time with his family." While the industry is notorious for eating labor alive with insane hours, and I'm sure more family time is welcome, this is a career step back for him to just be doing "tuning."

When he took back the reigns of franchise/CFM they very publicly proclaimed they were taking the mode into the HC09 direction, but with playable Madden games. Has that happened?

No. Not even close. This new team is instead charged with following the design intentions of the marketing department that pushes for gimmicky mini-game RPG type elements, with an emphasis on expanding player numbers for the mode through short sighted gimmickry and cosmetics.

I don't think that's the way to expand sustainable popularity because it doesn't rest on quality and depth, but (as ever) on a belief that players/customers are essentially stupid and bored. It rests on a veiled contempt for the marketplace, sacrificing quality and replayability. That's never (in my view) a sound long term strategy. But even if they are right and I am wrong, it's still clear that real sim style gamers are not any kind of priority.

If you're looking for a sim direction from Madden, just accept it's not going to happen. Put time in the game - or not - based on that knowledge. No well meaning Ned Flanders type PR preaching faith in EA (as if!) will persuade me to ignore my lyin' eyes.
As far as the direction of CFM, that's just not true, like I've said before there's things coming that people have wanted for years, it's a matter of when, not if.
Old 06-10-2015, 04:08 PM   #34
Faceuary!

N51_rob's Arena

OVR: 54

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas

I'm still confused as to how exactly the scouting process works but from what I heard it sounded like you get his highest attribute first (a letter grade) and then his second highest and then his third highest along with the true value. Shop talked about how basically if you scout a guy with C+ or C- for his highest attribute, it basically doesn't make any sense to scout the guy any further because you know everything after that is going to be below a C+ or C-.

This basically ruins scouting compared to Madden 15. I assume this was done for "accessibilities" sake. This is just as bad as draft guides. You will have everyone battling for the same 15-20 top players and the latter rounds of the draft being completely worthless.

Last year's scouting/drafting mechanism while flawed was the best I'd seen in Madden in a very long time. Wiped out to make scouting and drafting easier for folks who probably didn't care about it to begin with.....awesome.

Twitch

Finally Access to Coaches Tape! Coaches Film Analysis

2 Minute Warning PS4 Madden 18 Franchise
Washington Redskins (0-0) Last Game: N/A
Year 1:
Old 06-10-2015, 04:10 PM   #35
Faceuary!

N51_rob's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
As far as the direction of CFM, that's just not true, like I've said before there's things coming that people have wanted for years, it's a matter of when, not if.

You don't see a problem with people having to wait YEARS for things to be implemented into a game that's been around for almost 30 years?

Twitch

Year 1:
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-10-2015, 04:12 PM   #36
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by N51_rob
You don't see a problem with people having to wait YEARS for things to be implemented into a game that's been around for almost 30 years?
I never said years, all I'm saying is people are jumping to false conclusions about the future of CFM, I understand it's frustrating, but to say the game is headed a gimmicky rpg direction is FAR from true.
Old 06-10-2015, 04:14 PM   #37
Faceuary!

N51_rob's Arena

Madden 16 CFM: Still no Draft Board

Quote:
I never said years, all I'm saying is people are jumping to false conclusions about the future of CFM, I understand it's frustrating, but to say the game is headed a gimmicky rpg direction is FAR from true.

I deleted my post but you absolutely said years. You want to backtrack fine but to deny your own words is garbage.

Edit: I'll undelete my post for context's sake.

Twitch

Year 1:

Last edited by N51_rob; 06-10-2015 at 04:19 PM.
Old 06-10-2015, 04:17 PM   #38
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:
all I'm saying is people are jumping to false conclusions about the future of CFM, I understand it's frustrating, but to say the game is headed a [...] rpg direction is FAR from true.
I'll leave out the word "gimmicky" because I don't think Tiburon / EA Austin are making these game design decisions in a vacuum, but no one needs to assert that Madden NFL Connected Franchise is heading in a heavily RPG-influenced direction because from Madden NFL 13 onward the game very clearly already moved in that direction. That bridge has already been crossed.

I say that as someone who doesn't see it as a bad thing, to be clear. Personally, I enjoy it for what it is. There are a number things that I might change if it were my decision to make, however.
Old 06-10-2015, 04:29 PM   #39
Jr.
Playgirl Coverboy

Jr.'s Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
yes I'm disappointed overall in CFM this year
Man.. if JP is disappointed, that doesn't bode well for the rest of us. Might end up skipping this year and hoping his Nostradamus-esque predictions for the future are right.

Watch me play video games
Old 06-10-2015, 04:29 PM   #40
All Star

SmashMan's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Did you not say the same things when Looman was heading up CFM? Now that he's not in the same position, it's the same, tired "throw the old guy under the bus" posts that are getting really old.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »