Home

Madden 16 Relocation Uniforms

This is a discussion on Madden 16 Relocation Uniforms within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-25-2015, 09:09 AM   #57
Banned

Aggies67's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden 16 Relocation Uniforms

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba2011
There was debate about this last year and some evidence that it was done on purpose. There are several things in Texas that are named after Chief Justice John Marshall (including schools and a city). It also appears to be a common misspelling in San Antonio itself:

"San Antonio Marshall Sgt. Edward Saucedo" this wording is mentioned in a Mysanantonio article.

"Warrants & City Marshall Overview" - Sanantonio.gov

it could be wrong or it could be intentional, without word from the devs who knows. A lot of the team names in relocation are Easter eggs meant to represent something from that city, For instance: Orlando Sentinels (the Sentinel is a newspaper in Orlando)
Very interesting. I had no idea.
But I'll bet it was an accident.
If it were on purpose, that would be pretty stupid. I mean, who would purposely misspell their team's mascot? That team would be opening itself up to accusations of stupidity their entire existence.
However, I just discovered that Marshall is an acceptable spelling - for Britain. So, if London had the Marshalls mascot choice, that would be okay.

Last edited by Aggies67; 08-26-2015 at 09:52 AM.
Old 08-28-2015, 01:10 PM   #58
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by deaduck
Well, with the connected nature of the game and the steep rise in social media, I can see the NFL's concerns. Say if the user of the pink Oakland uniforms named them, the grossly offensive slur, The Butt Raiders and posted a 30 year dynasty to a YouTube channel.

Stuff like this comes down to considering the worst possible outcomes from some kinds of people.

This is why we can't have good things.
You make a good point on the consideration of worst case scenarios but it does seem a little bit lacking to not incrementally improve the relocation possibilities.

Here's an example. I loved the introduction of the LA Red Dragons but it would have been pretty awesome to personally choose if the dragons/uniforms were red, blue, green, purple, gold etc.

My main point is this - it makes sense that the developers wouldn't permit significant changes to long standing franchises such as pink raiders but the teams that can be relocated into could definitely be boosted. Furthermore if its about money then they should charge a small fee for better uniform options or even better would be a progressive drive accomplishment reward that was tangible. Say you win MVP then you unlock gold as a primary uniform color.

- The Great I AM is greater than i am.

Last edited by tenacity4veracity; 08-28-2015 at 01:16 PM.
Old 09-16-2015, 12:42 PM   #59
Rookie

romeischillin's Arena

I thought for sure that Las Vegas was a relocation option... I know the four major sports are apprehensive about an expansion team or having a current team relocate there mainly due to the big business of sports betting but I had big plans for a franchise...

fortunately Brooklyn is an option but I don't like the stadium being named "Big Apple Field"... I haven't checked yet but is there a way to rename the stadium? I don't necessarily have to rename the stadium itself, I'd be all for a sponsor coming along and buying the naming rights, just something, anything to change the name... I like the Beats, Bulls and Barons options but would've loved a color palette in terms of Main, Secondary and a third color (forgot what that one is called) so you could atleast have the colors you want, I'm good with the logos and team names...

but I really wanted Las Vegas... something tells me a league (most likely the NHL - followed by NBA) will eventually give Las Vegas a shot... if I was a business owner I'd look at the Mets Triple-A team (I believe they were the Dodgers Triple-A team previously too and maybe one other teams farm club) and find out how they're doing on the business side of things in an attempt to bring a major pro team to town...

sorry about the Vegas tangent but I watched the hilarity of "Sin City Saints" back in April and I have wanted to move a team to Vegas (atleast in Video game form since relocation first became a thing in a video game)

but was I just seeing things because I thought for sure that Vegas was a relocation option in a previous Madden
Old 09-16-2015, 10:44 PM   #60
Rookie

I totally understand what you mean with the Vegas adventure.. Or lack thereof! Also I think the word you might've been looking for was primary, secondary, and tertiary. On that note, I think the colors of all jerseys could've had more diversity without losing integral unity.

I like the idea of the sin city saints haha sort of reminds me of the type of creativity I was going for when I made the Brooklyn bats.

I would much rather have progressive goals that gave me real rewards like Jersey options or relocation city opportunities not just experience/trophies/distractions.

Imagine if you won three Superbowls in a row if that unlocked Las Vegas as a city option - that would be motivation to play in a way the game hasn't had before.

- The Great I AM is greater than i am.
Old 12-26-2015, 02:51 AM   #61
Pro

servo75's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by deaduck
If I recall correctly, the NFL 86'd the open create a team/ uniform for various legal and image reasons. I remember the specific example given was an all pink Raiders uni for some reason.
They don't call it the "No Fun League" for nothing
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »