Home

Since DLC is so hot...Why not atleast have a CFM Expansion pack

This is a discussion on Since DLC is so hot...Why not atleast have a CFM Expansion pack within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-17-2015, 08:29 PM   #1
Pro

lgxjames's Arena

OVR: 14
Since DLC is so hot...Why not atleast have a CFM Expansion pack

Well...I'm opening this can of worms. I just really want to like this game but I just can't without a real improvement to CFM. Why is it not an option to add more features to the mode a few weeks after release.

I would hate to get that movement going but man...I just don't want to wait another 400 days for the HOPE they finally get CFM worth playing. It's already been years now...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-17-2015, 08:32 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Since DLC is so hot...Why not atleast have a CFM Expansion pack

You generally want to avoid DLC that alters the code to that extent.

There is no rational for such a DLC anyway. If it could be added via DLC then it should already be in the game.
Old 06-17-2015, 09:06 PM   #3
Phenom

seasprite's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
You generally want to avoid DLC that alters the code to that extent.

There is no rational for such a DLC anyway. If it could be added via DLC then it should already be in the game.
Oh there is a rationale for such a DLC, it's called money.

Old 06-17-2015, 09:13 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by seasprite
Oh there is a rationale for such a DLC, it's called money.
And the money argument goes against it.

Adding features to CFM requires resources like man hours. When sold the profit would have to justify the resources used for it.

It probably would not. If the DLC made enough money, it would be in the game in the first place.

Take formation subs for example. It is not in the game like we would like because it is low on EA's priority. It is low because their numbers tell them it was not widely used. If it was not widely used, why would DLC make a nice profit?

The only kind of DLC that is feasible is probably stuff like uniform packs and custom stadiums.

Guys something to remember -- the OS community is not reflective of the Madden community as a whole.
Old 06-18-2015, 05:07 AM   #5
MVP

Sheba2011's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by lgxjames
Well...I'm opening this can of worms. I just really want to like this game but I just can't without a real improvement to CFM. Why is it not an option to add more features to the mode a few weeks after release.

I would hate to get that movement going but man...I just don't want to wait another 400 days for the HOPE they finally get CFM worth playing. It's already been years now...
It's not always so easy that you can just add new features to a mode that is already built. Plus there is the cost/benefit factor, it would take man hours to build and test this new DLC and how many people would realistically buy it? Keep in mind the hardcore sim guys make up a very small percentage of the Madden fan base.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-18-2015, 05:08 AM   #6
MVP

Sheba2011's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
And the money argument goes against it.

Adding features to CFM requires resources like man hours. When sold the profit would have to justify the resources used for it.

It probably would not. If the DLC made enough money, it would be in the game in the first place.

Take formation subs for example. It is not in the game like we would like because it is low on EA's priority. It is low because their numbers tell them it was not widely used. If it was not widely used, why would DLC make a nice profit?

The only kind of DLC that is feasible is probably stuff like uniform packs and custom stadiums.

Guys something to remember -- the OS community is not reflective of the Madden community as a whole.
I replied without reading you comment which is basically the same thing lol. But one thing I would love to see is uniform packs for DLC. I would love to get to a point where every single uniform is available in the game, including the epic Blue pants the Colts used to wear.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »