Home

Madden in a positive light.

This is a discussion on Madden in a positive light. within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-01-2015, 04:13 PM   #9
MVP

gr18's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Madden in a positive light.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deaduck
I think the thing to consider is...We should not assume that because the game isn't "perfect" that the reasons for it are malice or ineptitude on EA's part.

It's just wonky to think that EA is making a game designed to alienate potential customers...that can't be the case. The reason's why certain modes or features aren't in the game might not always be clear but I wish EA corporate blaming would disappear from the theories.
Well,in some instances there may be expectations that aren't completely reasonable but I believe the disdain more so comes from the implementation of features that disappear or not expanded upon.They are finally getting around to fixing things that could've been done years ago.Hopefully things work right or doesn't create a different ongoing issue.Hopefully the game plays good enough at release to not require a patch that may not fully or even partially address the issue that causes frustration or even shelving the game to get to that point.
Old 08-01-2015, 04:47 PM   #10
Pro

OVR: 3

You can't please everybody. Ea obviously cater towards the casuals more then the sim crowd. I see them taking steps in the right direction tho. How many "actual" sim FOOTBALL games sold well?? I'll wait....
Old 08-01-2015, 05:23 PM   #11
Rookie

steeldee7's Arena

OVR: 0

I think that's why we have slider options. Plus EA had to implement an new physics engine so everyone on the development team has to learn to work with that. So other aspects of the game suffered. Now that they have a handle on that you will see new features and some old features brought back. With this in mind I'm excited for the edition of Madden.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2015, 05:38 PM   #12
MVP

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr18
Well,in some instances there may be expectations that aren't completely reasonable but I believe the disdain more so comes from the implementation of features that disappear or not expanded upon.They are finally getting around to fixing things that could've been done years ago.Hopefully things work right or doesn't create a different ongoing issue.Hopefully the game plays good enough at release to not require a patch that may not fully or even partially address the issue that causes frustration or even shelving the game to get to that point.
But seriously, "disdain" is unreasonable to hold towards any product made.

Every decision they made over the years has a design/cost/value ratio attached to the reasons they did it. That doesn't mean that every product produced is worth buying but across so many forums you see a mass of complaining about the game/company that you would think it was incapable of selling a few hundred units.

You see cats complaining about the lack of a dedicated Long Snapper feature as if that made the game unplayable. And they have every right not to buy the game over that, if that's their thing, but I imagine there are not enough hours in a day to spend valuable time scorching the internet with their hatred...and they probably bought it anyway.
Old 08-01-2015, 09:23 PM   #13
MVP

cusefan74's Arena

OVR: 20

There is nothing sim about Madden anymore.

I don't expect perfection in video games, or IRL for that matter. What I expect from a football game is a sim if it says Madden on the cover. That is what the game is supposed to be, not this RPG game they have created. Madden football has become a money maker and that's it. It's a cash cow and that is all that EA cares about. EA does not listen to their customers and that is obvious or else they would have scrapped CFM 2 years ago.

I could go on and on but the more I say the more frustrated and angry I become with them. And this is coming from someone who defended EA and Madden right through Madden 12.
Old 08-01-2015, 09:35 PM   #14
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeldee7
Madden in a positive light.
You have every right to view Madden in a positive light and even enjoy playing it. I for one just absolutely can't stand what they have done with the Franchise mode. I have a strong distaste for the arcadey RPG XP goals and would much rather have a realistic franchise mode.

Just different people with different tastes.
Old 08-01-2015, 09:36 PM   #15
MVP

cusefan74's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucky60
You have every right to view Madden in a positive light and even enjoy playing it. I for one just absolutely can't stand what they have done with the Franchise mode. I have a strong distaste for the arcadey RPG XP goals and would much rather have a realistic franchise mode.

Just different people with different tastes.

I want to like this a million times!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2015, 09:46 PM   #16
Rookie

steeldee7's Arena

OVR: 0

All I'm trying to do is view the positives of a game. of course there are negatives. I make a list of pros and cons and see which outweighs the other. Since this is all we have to satisfy our virtual football urge,I'm trying to find positives. Because we all know we can easily find negatives for our personal preference for a football sim.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »