Home

Regarding Sliders

This is a discussion on Regarding Sliders within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-09-2015, 05:47 PM   #9
MVP

cch99's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Regarding Sliders

I 100% believe this as well. I think that the other elements of CFM definitely effect the game in a way that makes it feel different when you are playing CFM and Play Now. People take it as the sliders effecting it differently when in reality it's other things in those modes affecting the play.
Old 08-09-2015, 07:22 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 20

Hopefully the actual gameplay sliders not only work, but actually do what they say and not control multiple other things. In the past Madden's we've had the tackle slider affecting field goal kick power, the Interceptions/Pass Defense/Reaction Time all mislabeled, Fumble slider affecting CPU RB explosiveness, etc.

The Penalty sliders being revamped gives me hope that the Gameplay sliders were addressed with them. Penalty sliders in the past had huge impact on the gameplay, but now that is no longer the case, so I assume the gameplay sliders HAD to have finally been addressed. But I guess we will find out.
Old 08-09-2015, 07:36 PM   #11
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

This is what I have been saying since Madden 12 when DPP was introduced. Hot streaks, cold streaks, and a player's consistency rating adjust their ratings and performance from game to game.

Someone with 0 or 1 star for consistency, and there are a lot like that, rarely play up to their maximum ratings. Often they play below, or well below them.

In CCM, spending XP on consistency stars, in my opinion, was often worth more than spending points on attributes. Just getting someone to consistently play to their expected level makes a difference.

I never got Madden 15, but Madden 25 has a lot of players with zero stars of consistency.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2015, 07:39 PM   #12
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGaither84
This is what I have been saying since Madden 12 when DPP was introduced. Hot streaks, cold streaks, and a player's consistency rating adjust their ratings and performance from game to game.

Someone with 0 or 1 star for consistency, and there are a lot like that, rarely play up to their maximum ratings. Often they play below, or well below them.

In CCM, spending XP on consistency stars, in my opinion, was often worth more than spending points on attributes. Just getting someone to consistently play to their expected level makes a difference.

I never got Madden 15, but Madden 25 has a lot of players with zero stars of consistency.
Yeah. As someone who had to suffer through Aaron Rodgers at 10 or less confidence week after week in an online CFM last year, I agree with this 110%. And he even had high consistency and it affected his play that much (granted, the sliders we used, most notably QB accuracy, affected it too)
Old 08-09-2015, 09:22 PM   #13
MVP

Cowboy008's Arena

OVR: 5

One thing that I don't like is that they have a cap on how many penalties will get called. I know you can increase the slider and that will remove the cap but that will also increase the likely hood of a penalty being called.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »