Home

Madden 16 Teach Me How/Strategy Thread

This is a discussion on Madden 16 Teach Me How/Strategy Thread within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-17-2015, 05:45 PM   #401
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Madden 16 Teach Me How/Strategy Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by shogunofharlem3
Ok, I'll try that. I am on Xbox, so A is possession, X is RAC and Y is aggressive.

The loading screens say to hold the catch modifier throughout the entire catch. When I do that my dopey RB catches the ball and dives. I assume it is because he is behind the line of scrimmage so the game doesn't recognize X as RAC yet, it still recognizes it as Dive.

I'll try just tapping X when I get home from work to see if that is any better.
My friend on the ps4 keeps doing the same thing. He will throw a pass over the middle to a open guy and then dive immediately after the catch. Happens at least twice a game, "ohhh I held the button too long."
He even once did it on a wide open post route lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-18-2015, 07:48 AM   #402
Just started!

OVR: 0

Where can I find some basic information about the plays and defensive setups? For example, which offensive play works against which type of defense? Which defense to choose in each situation? It wouldn't necessarily have to be Madden -specific.

A lot about these is scattered all over this forum, for example, but do you know of any place where this would be somehow summarized. Too detailed information seems a bit much for me at this point Wikipedia is of course a good start to the basics.

I've never played Madden NFL or the real sport before, so it seems the gatorade trainer doesn't really seem to be enough Madden seems a lot of fun though, and it's nice to learn a new sport, I really like it.
Old 09-18-2015, 09:03 AM   #403
MVP

SwaggerCoach's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by krimi
Where can I find some basic information about the plays and defensive setups? For example, which offensive play works against which type of defense? Which defense to choose in each situation? It wouldn't necessarily have to be Madden -specific.

A lot about these is scattered all over this forum, for example, but do you know of any place where this would be somehow summarized. Too detailed information seems a bit much for me at this point Wikipedia is of course a good start to the basics.

I've never played Madden NFL or the real sport before, so it seems the gatorade trainer doesn't really seem to be enough Madden seems a lot of fun though, and it's nice to learn a new sport, I really like it.

Use the skills trainer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-18-2015, 12:08 PM   #404
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by krimi

Skills Trainer has a lot of this info, but generally viewed from the offenses perspective. For example -- going through the Attacking Cover 3 trainer, they have you run 4 verts. If you want to look at it from the defensive perspective, don't sit in Cover 3 when they're likely to run 4 verts (3rd and long)...etc.

Once you've got the basics down, there are also a ton of sites around which get into more advanced concepts and how/why they work. SmartFootball is a favorite of mine for example...though not all of the concepts discussed there are entirely applicable in Madden.
Old 09-18-2015, 01:34 PM   #405
Rookie

OVR: 6

How can I make sure that my CBs are playing the opposition WRs?

I hate when I run cover 2 man and my cb is lined up against the TE instead of going to the other side and line up against the receiver.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-18-2015, 03:35 PM   #406
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabs485
How can I make sure that my CBs are playing the opposition WRs?

I hate when I run cover 2 man and my cb is lined up against the TE instead of going to the other side and line up against the receiver.

Triangle(Y on Xbox) then Base align (left stick right).
Old 09-18-2015, 09:38 PM   #407
Titans Era has begun.

HealyMonster's Arena

OVR: 31

Is there some gimmick with pitches to the outside? I just played an online game, and the dude pitched to the left and right all game, I ended up losing 31-14, no matter what I did, corner blitz, engage 8, goalline blitz, zone blitz, control the safety, and start running to that side before he snapped. He just kept taking it and I couldn't tackle him or counter it in any way.

A) is it some glitch he is doing

B) how do I stop it?
Old 09-19-2015, 12:43 AM   #408
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by HealyMonster
Is there some gimmick with pitches to the outside? I just played an online game, and the dude pitched to the left and right all game, I ended up losing 31-14, no matter what I did, corner blitz, engage 8, goalline blitz, zone blitz, control the safety, and start running to that side before he snapped. He just kept taking it and I couldn't tackle him or counter it in any way.

A) is it some glitch he is doing

B) how do I stop it?

Truthfully i've struggled less with the run game compared to the passing game this year. There is so many questions i would have here to determine the reasons for his success. We could go over dozens of adjustments to bring you better defense in this situation but in the end its best to just lab with a buddy.

If you want to test this situation out, just let me know and we'll run some tests.

Sent from da lil phone.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »