Home

no uniform change for ranked matches?

This is a discussion on no uniform change for ranked matches? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-23-2015, 12:36 AM   #9
MVP

OVR: 1
Re: no uniform change for ranked matches?

There were good ways to fix this problem and they picked a really bad one. Best would have been to have a "do you agree to this uniform combo?" prompt before you begin if they aren't default and if you pick no then both teams go to default.
Old 08-23-2015, 01:18 AM   #10
Rookie

iNolaNightmare's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by VirtualAthlete
Can someone that has played the trial please chime in and explain the extent of the uniform change situation in online play!Are there prestocked default unis to choose from or no uniform option at all? Please may a moderator or anyone please help with info and details thanx!GO Bucs!

From my impression of the game in the impression sticky:

Played a couple online games last night and this is where I encountered my first issue:
~Head-to-head quick searches this year are different. All you do is choose the team you want to play with and then are thrown in a game with someone else. You can't edit your unis nor can you decide not to play that person based on the team they chose without it negatively affecting you. So, on my first online game, I choose my Saints. Who is my opponent? The Saints. That irked me pretty bad. I quit and started out Madden 0-1! Woohoo!
Old 08-23-2015, 01:25 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by VirtualAthlete
Can someone that has played the trial please chime in and explain the extent of the uniform change situation in online play!Are there prestocked default unis to choose from or no uniform option at all? Please may a moderator or anyone please help with info and details thanx!GO Bucs!

You can't edit unis
You can't choose your stadium
You can't choose the weather.

You just pick your team and playbook. Every game is sunny at 1pm start time.

I miss picking the Steelers and using the wind in Heinz Field just like real life.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2015, 04:25 AM   #12
---

TexasFan2005's Arena

It seems like they borrowed the idea from FIFA, which implemented this same h2h deal last year. I guess they're trying to discourage players from quitting at the team select screen so that people who always choose high-level teams don't feel left out. They should have at least made the games with random time & weather.
Old 08-23-2015, 04:38 AM   #13
MVP

Jrocc23's Arena

OVR: 6

Wow. I am upset with what I am hearing. I had the trial, but I just played offline the entire time.

I wish games would ask the community about these types of changes. It was much better the way it was. I never had any issues. If a user picked the away jerseys at home, I would say F it and pick the opposite.

The best way to fix that was to let the home team select whatever jerseys they wanted. So if the home team selected away jerseys, the away team would have only home jerseys to select from. Sucks you can't change the time, weather, and see who your opponents were playing with. I would hate to play against the same team.

NBA 2K11
XtremeXplicit Crew
Ranked

Check us out: http://www.youtube.com/jroccdagameboy
Old 08-23-2015, 09:14 AM   #14
Rookie

VirtualAthlete's Arena

Wow another bad move by EA!They should consult with the community before going through with major changes like this!So you mean to tell me that this madden season guys are going to be playing against there user controled team in the opposite uni!Bucs vs Bucs, Cowboys vs Cowboys, Packers vs Packers Rex said the game was going to be more sim like, unfortunately there is nothing sim about this!I I hated the past uniform situation from last years game but this is even worse! Maybe EA will patch it at luanch let's hope for the best!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »