Home

After Playing 20 Hours of Early Access, Here Is My Take on Madden 16

This is a discussion on After Playing 20 Hours of Early Access, Here Is My Take on Madden 16 within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-23-2015, 11:49 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
After Playing 20 Hours of Early Access, Here Is My Take on Madden 16

OK, so let me give you some background on me.

I grew up playing Madden, the original on Sega Genesis. I would say I was a Hardcore Madden and NCAA player up until the early 2000's. So while I know a thing or two about Madden, I haven't really enjoyed them up until last year and Madden 15 last year. Not sure if it was NCAA being shut down that they took resources from there to help improve Madden, but it's back on the right track, for me anyways.

I purchased add'l EA Access to play an extra 10 hours.

I mainly played Draft Champions and Connected Franchise.

I didn't play any HUT.

I created Christian Hackeberg as a high draft pick and threw him on the Buffalo Bills. I played an entire 16 games season on All-Pro default settings.

I also played 15 or so Draft Champions games. I believe I went about 12-3 if I had to guess, with two losses coming in the final game, both close games. Most of the others I played Rage Quit on me. Most all of this is captured in my streams on Twitch and YouTube.

Anyways, I have to say, I really like what they did in the passing game. The animations, graphics, sound track, menus are all great, imo.

Of course I came across some bugs and strange things, but overall, this year's Madden is one of the best, if not THE best I've ever played. The ability to put the ball in places in the end zone you never could before, really is a game changer for me. I had two catches, one in the back of the end zone and another on the right edge that were toe taps which were both reviewed that had me in total excitement and awe.

Some of the AI is sketchy when you are playing as be a player (i.e. running backs choose wrong lanes that are wide open or run out of bounds when they shouldn't). I played the Redskins and RG3 threw for 6 yards, and most teams under 100 yards, which was kind of lame in the stats column.
I
also find running the ball a bigger challenge. Players don't cut as sharp as say NCAA 14 and it's frustrating, but the passing game is so much more improved, as well as defending the pass.

Anyways, just some thoughts after playing a ton this weekend. If you have any questions, fire away, I'll try to do my best.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2015, 11:50 PM   #2
All Star

RGmoney's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: After Playing 20 Hours of Early Access, Here Is My Take on Madden 16

Please use the Impressions thread.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...ns-thread.html

Thanks
Closed
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »