Home

Auto Sub sliders still not working in CFM

This is a discussion on Auto Sub sliders still not working in CFM within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-26-2015, 12:34 PM   #41
MVP

OVR: 15
Re: Auto Sub sliders still not working in CFM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
I'm not arguing taste at all. I just dont think that auto subs would fix your problem. Formation subs would. For example, a player like Suh plays damn near every down at DT while a DT like Knighton plays 2-3 plays then rests. Setting auto subs at any level would either lead to Suh being subbed when he doesnt get subbed or players like Knighton being kept in too long.

CCM is 4 yrs old and the Autosub sliders work on Play now (and have been for the past few years). So I dont know how this issue has been around for a decade? We all would like to see this fixed but I dont know if a fix would actually help your issue with the game that much,
You are proving my point. If i have auto sub sliders working properly and i am using Miami then i can set it so that Suh doesn't go out of the game much. Miami runs a 4-3 so they won't have the same type of DT rotation as Washington with Knighton who is a true nose tackle in a 3-4. Your solution is to have both players on the same sub in/out rate.

Package subs are ok but they sub out the whole defensive line so thats still broken. All i want is auto subs to work like they do in play now. That way i can control how much my DTs sub in Vs my DEs. Your fix doesn't fix much.

Lastly, search autosubs in the forum from last gen, it's an age old problem that refuses to go away.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2015, 01:32 PM   #42
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by feeq14
You are proving my point. If i have auto sub sliders working properly and i am using Miami then i can set it so that Suh doesn't go out of the game much. Miami runs a 4-3 so they won't have the same type of DT rotation as Washington with Knighton who is a true nose tackle in a 3-4. Your solution is to have both players on the same sub in/out rate.

Package subs are ok but they sub out the whole defensive line so thats still broken. All i want is auto subs to work like they do in play now. That way i can control how much my DTs sub in Vs my DEs. Your fix doesn't fix much.

Lastly, search autosubs in the forum from last gen, it's an age old problem that refuses to go away.
What do you do with teams that have one DT that plays alot and one that subs out every 3-4 plays?

I'm not talking about package subs. I'm talking about formation subs. Using my example, with formation subs you can take individual players out of the game based on what formation you called. For example, lets say Knighton doesnt play on passing downs. You can remove Knighton from the Nickel, Dime, Quarter formations. That makes it less likely that he plays on thsoe downs.

You can do that now with teams you control. My problem is you cant do that for teams the CPU controls.
Old 08-26-2015, 01:37 PM   #43
MVP

HozAndMoose's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
What do you do with teams that have one DT that plays alot and one that subs out every 3-4 plays?

I'm not talking about package subs. I'm talking about formation subs. Using my example, with formation subs you can take individual players out of the game based on what formation you called. For example, lets say Knighton doesnt play on passing downs. You can remove Knighton from the Nickel, Dime, Quarter formations. That makes it less likely that he plays on thsoe downs.

You can do that now with teams you control. My problem is you cant do that for teams the CPU controls.

I don't think he is acknowledging that it controls the CPU subs as well.
Old 08-26-2015, 02:05 PM   #44
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

OVR: 34

There always seems to be a disconnect when this issue is discussed. The auto subs in CFM do not work and haven't worked since the incarnation of CFM/CCM.

For those of us that care, you have to decide what's more important: keeping the o-line in tact or getting your back ups opportunities. You can't do both.

With M16, I've found I've had to turn fatigue down to 47-48 in order to not have o-linemen sub. Even with this setting, I did have my right/left guards miss a couple snaps. Sucks, but I sprinkle some imagination in there and pretend it's a minor injury/equipment issue. Still, my oline stayed mostly in tact throughout a 13 min quarter game.

My RB carries weren't what I would want (31 carries vs 4 for the backup), but it's all relative. What I mean by that is if your RB makes some plays and uses energy, he'll sub more. In this game, I was averaging 2 yards a carry and didn't use much energy. In the first few mins of another game, my first carry went for 39 yards. The RB carried once more and then the backup was in for the next 2 plays. So it depends on context of the carries.

Sorry for long post...this issue has been a pain in my side the last couple years when trying to enjoy Madden.
Old 08-26-2015, 02:14 PM   #45
SHOW TIME!!

The Kid 24's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:

This can only be done in game, correct?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2015, 03:07 PM   #46
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:

Then i tweak the sliders as well as build the main DT to have plenty of stamina. If that fails THEN i can do formation subs. Either way I SHOULDNT HAVE TO SUPPLEMENT FOR A BROKEN FEATURE THAT WORKS IN ANOTHER AREA OF THE GAME!

are there ways to make it seem like auto sub sliders work, sure, are there tedious work arounds, definitely, but I don't like using them and i shouldn't have to. I paid for the feature to work not to be present and ineffective.
Old 08-26-2015, 05:00 PM   #47
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

OVR: 34

^^There just isn't a large enough outcry to prioritize fixing it, I'd guess. People talk simulation this and simulation that, but few seem to care/notice their o-line subbing in and out. That's why the discussion often shifts to, "Auto subs are working for me," as many don't even recognize that a problem exists.

That said, the best solution for me has been to balance fatigue so that OL doesn't sub and players still sub. Then, I'll go into the depth chart and let the backup RB have a series or two in middle of the game. Not ideal per se, but it's effective and allows me to enjoy the game. Long as I can do that, and the sim engine gives carries to 2nd RB, I'm good to go.
Old 08-26-2015, 07:34 PM   #48
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kid 24
This can only be done in game, correct?

Correct. Only in game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »