Home

The Defensive Camera , Loved it in madden 15, now i cant use it

This is a discussion on The Defensive Camera , Loved it in madden 15, now i cant use it within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-19-2015, 08:26 AM   #113
MVP

howboutdat's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: The Defensive Camera , Loved it in madden 15, now i cant use it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seth79
Hey buddy, if you say it's fixed, then we know it's fixed as you have been the most in-tune with the issue. Have you had a chance to play it yet? I'm away on a business trip and won't be able to check it for a few days.
Yes , i have used it some, and it is for sure playable that way now. After more testing and my adrenalin going back down to a normal level, i will say i noticed some wonkiness still is there, but its alot better than it was, i will at least use it now.

Like sometimes when you switch , it is at least behind players, but sometimes it still focuses in on one area of field and you cant see much around you. Like one time in particular , i recall i was usering MLB. Before snap, the camera was so high up, the score at the top of the screen had the QB completley covered up until the snap . Then when i drifted backwards with MLB, the camera just stayed fixed on spot it was at snap, so my MLB ran out of picture and i couldnt see anything going on in play basically.All i saw that entire play ( even after i switched to another player to try to toggle the camera to another view) all i saw as qb ,online and dline.... nothing else. So there is still times it doesnt work right.But at least its not trying to just turn camera around on a 180 while ball is being passed down field. So thats a plus , when it works right that is.

So , its better, but im not at all going to say its fully fixed yet. Still needs work, but i somehow doubt it will be touched more this madden. Hopefully they leave it in m17 , i love the camera angle, just needs some work to it still though.Not quite where it was last year, but close.

Twitter
Twitch Channel
MBC Twitch Channel

Last edited by howboutdat; 11-19-2015 at 08:30 AM.
Old 11-19-2015, 12:28 PM   #114
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by howboutdat
Yes , i have used it some, and it is for sure playable that way now. After more testing and my adrenalin going back down to a normal level, i will say i noticed some wonkiness still is there, but its alot better than it was, i will at least use it now.

Like sometimes when you switch , it is at least behind players, but sometimes it still focuses in on one area of field and you cant see much around you. Like one time in particular , i recall i was usering MLB. Before snap, the camera was so high up, the score at the top of the screen had the QB completley covered up until the snap . Then when i drifted backwards with MLB, the camera just stayed fixed on spot it was at snap, so my MLB ran out of picture and i couldnt see anything going on in play basically.All i saw that entire play ( even after i switched to another player to try to toggle the camera to another view) all i saw as qb ,online and dline.... nothing else. So there is still times it doesnt work right.But at least its not trying to just turn camera around on a 180 while ball is being passed down field. So thats a plus , when it works right that is.

So , its better, but im not at all going to say its fully fixed yet. Still needs work, but i somehow doubt it will be touched more this madden. Hopefully they leave it in m17 , i love the camera angle, just needs some work to it still though.Not quite where it was last year, but close.
Great to know! Now I can start playing the game. It's funny how they can't just keep what works the year before, but at least it's partially fixed. I almost feel like they should release madden every two years so they can perfect the game and just release updates every quarter.
Old 11-19-2015, 01:14 PM   #115
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0

For those of us who have played defense with a no switch rule it is working exactly like it did on Madden 15 again.

So there is my disconnect with the OP. Switching is something I never do on defense. But even no switch before this patch it was not as it used to be on M15. After the second patch they made some very minor adjustments...but it still was not right after further testing.

After this patch it was obvious to me for the "no switch" defense players it was back to how it behaved on Madden 15. No more 180 spin inducing flip of the camera. I can now see the entire play evolve and play out.....again "no switch".

In several games played on 15 minute quarters the camera plays for me like it did on Madden 15 with a No switch defense approach.

Glad it is working a lot better for those that switch on defense.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23

Last edited by Armor and Sword; 11-19-2015 at 03:47 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-20-2015, 04:40 PM   #116
MVP

howboutdat's Arena

OVR: 4

yeah , if u dont switch it works fine. However , i play only in online leagues, and we always allow switching to allow players user skills to shine.

It def works better than it did at launch, after first patch and after second one. It still needs work, but i dont see that happening this madden. As the guy posted above, seems like why cant they just leave it alone if it works well one year, and not be messing it up. There are still occasions it will force you to have a bad angle , based on who you are usering .Like it locks in at a bad angle and you cant see much going on. Moore often though , it allows you to see enough of play going on to make good reads. It could use more work, but im so glad its at least usable now. I have really be missing it.

Twitter
Twitch Channel
MBC Twitch Channel

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »