Home

Madden NFL 16: Reviewer First Impressions

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 16: Reviewer First Impressions within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-25-2015, 09:57 PM   #17
Member of Rush Nation

CujoMatty's Arena

OVR: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMChrisS
That would make a bit more sense. I always tend to look elsewhere coming out of the huddle so I never really see that happen.
I actually never noticed it either but I read that in a review. Lol
Old 08-26-2015, 04:06 AM   #18
MVP

Sheba2011's Arena

OVR: 0
You must have different commentary in your copy because in mine it is the same rehashed lines and it gets old after about 4 games. Nantz still sounds like a robot and Simms still does his monologues (they are toned down this year but still present). I would say presentation would be excellent if it wasn't held back by Bert and Ernie in the booth.
Old 08-26-2015, 11:04 AM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 1
1. Game play is much improved from last years Madden, still room for improvements, but game is fun.

2. Presentation is still the same if you ask me. Would like for EA to come up with an alternative for the commentary.
3. Penalties do work, and are very apparent.

4. Like the new catch animations, and the DB/WR interaction, which to me makes the game more sim like.

Overall, I like this years Madden, the game seems is fun again. Hopefully, EA can patch up some of the buggy issues very soon?
Old 08-26-2015, 05:10 PM   #20
Rookie

Just got my copy today and after playing for about 2 hours here are my thoughts:

Gameplay is solid. My biggest complaint from last year was that my other D players seemed stupid and couldn't actually do anything unless I was controlling them. In my Titans franchise they all seemed alert, aware of the game around them, and ready to do their part and cover their assignments. At one point when I was on the line and Winston managed to get the ball off one of my corners (forgot his name) clearly beat out Mike Evans and read the route perfectly for an interception. That's something that wouldn't have happened last year I feel like (could be wrong but my impression)

Mariota felt unique. He certainly felt different from Eli in a practice Giants/Cowboys game I played which is good. Ran with him 3 times, picked up 26 yards on a bad defensive formation for Tampa Bay and then only got 3 yards and then got pushed back for a loss of 2 in the 3rd quarter

There are bad parts to this game though. XP pt's seem ridiculous. I want my franchise to feel real. Not like I'm playing a weird NFL/D+D hybrid. Kinda scared to continue with franchise mode because of that (I don't want Mariota winding up like Peyton Manning after just 3 games in the NFL which seems like where it's headed). Madden devs need to seriously revisit the progression/confidence part of the game

What is up with the franchise menus? To me they felt weird and not very clear as to what they did. I get that they were going for a more open concept design but I just want my stuff to be blocked off in clear areas (ex. Roster, Standings, Free Agents, Training, etc.)

I saw that there still was no option to save a game mid way through if you can't finish it in one sitting unless you force close the game. Idk why this is. To me this should be a standard feature and kinda unacceptable that I would have to forfeit an entire game or force close and hope it saves my game (which on madden 15 it didn't do twice). I could be mistaken but after searching the pause menu in-game for franchise I just couldn't find one.

I'd give the game separate ratings because I feel one rating doesn't do enough to justify the various components in the game. They are:

Graphics: 9/10- beautiful. Visually stunning. Right up there imho with NBA2K and The Show

Gameplay: 8/10- my teammates aren't stupid anymore. YAY! However some of the penalty bugs annoyed the hell out of me

Franchise mode: 5/10- not that impressed. No idea what's going on in the league. No ticker, no in-game updates (which NCAA had on the 360 so they can't be that hard to implement), no save feature for franchise games (from what I saw), the roster section seemed weird though oddly intriguing and I'm sure as the winter goes on It'll probably grow on me
Old 08-26-2015, 06:49 PM   #21
Banned

Re: Madden NFL 16: Reviewer First Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFan
I. Hate. The. Opening. Sequence. And. The. Fact. That. You. Can't. Skip. It.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
That is awful...whoever put that in the game needs to be fired lol.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2015, 06:51 PM   #22
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameWhisperer
That is awful...whoever put that in the game needs to be fired lol.

That may be a bit drastic but being able to skip it should be an option.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 08-28-2015, 07:44 AM   #23
Rookie

I will do my own video that shows this game is not as improved as people claim.
Don't get me wrong there are things I do like, but they keep adding some things I could do without.

But old issues persist. OLD ISSUES PERSIST!!!!!
My problem is they are simple to fix and to have the same issue means NO ONE worked on it and just said to us as users it. I put in the bleep just so you know.

First the opening sequence that you are forced into while the game installs is ridiculous.
How do you NOT have an option for people to no participate???? I didn't need that waste of time.

I'm putting this in quick without details to try and keep this short because this post could consume as much space as all post previous to mine.

Custom Playbooks are STILL BROKEN. THE SAME ISSUE. Hail Mary instead of Shotgun.
Yes you put in some new plays and took out others, but how do you IGNORE custom playbook editor????

Now my next question is when I score a running play from this newly designated Hail Mary will it STILL think I scored from a HAIL MARY PASS???????????

This will mean calling audible the plays will now show up again as Hail Mary plays.
And don't hand me the solution is "it is all about how you delete plays in the playbook"
This game makes how much money and you mean to tell me they can't put some money in a developer to fix the custom playbook editor where you can't create a playbook from scratch, sort your play sets, sort your plays????? Are you serious????? Come on guys. Stop getting all caught up in the eye candy and call the game out. I could careless about seeing tattoos when you have a key component STILL lagging.
Sorting is a SIMPLE and BASIC. It should not have to asked for.

This issues bleeds into game play so I take huge issue with it sill existing.

Practice needs work as well. It is too cumbersome when you want to create a playbook especially since you can't sort your plays after you've created one. If I put in BIG and decide I want to replace it with Deuce Wings.... unless I put it in last it will not throw my playbook order out of wack and it does matter because I play by audible not hot routes (except blocking). I find that to be more realistic than hot routing everyone to a new play. It wouldn't be so bad if there was a penalty for doing so such as players running the wrong route or something when overdone.

Anyway this makes no sense to me.
Oh.... and the playbook after taking out all the plays the counts says there are 50+ plays still in there.
I have 2 formations. I think a total of 5 plays or so the game will not let you remove. So why am I seeing 50+ plays still in my playbook??? This makes no sense. It also proves there was work performed on this tool and just not a good job. / 8

Practice should have been merged with the playbooks. Practice should have a different UI to allow users to quickly select other plays in the same formation rather than jumping back to the default.

Let me dictate my practice with a better flow.

Did the fake pump go away? I guess it did since double pressing now is a passing trajectory thing.
It isn't like the pump fake fooled the "AI" which again makes me question its true existence.

I haven't played a game yet because I like to have my plays together first. I don't play randomly.
When I complete my first playbook, Hail Mary and all, I will give it a shot so I can see the errors in presentation. I don't see the commentary being better. Sorry. I just don't trust that until I SEE it.
I want to see the commentary when I winning 35-0 . I want to see the commentary on a comeback, two minute drill, etc...

I also want to see the highlights and instant replays. The highlights in the past despite request are TOO SHORT and never show the play. How can you call that a highlight when it doesn't highlight the play in its entirety????

Will safeties be a saved highlight that does not get deleted????????????????
INTs should not be deleted either.

We will see. I will post some screenshots later when I get time of the playbook editor.
Again, I shouldn't have to pick a particular playbook. Read what it says under custom playbooks.
To me that is FALSE advertisement of the tool because it does not allow what it claims.

Peace.

Also is it me or does the game seem SLOW? I play All Madden on Normal and it has been fine for me for years. This year it seems slow.

This game is about eye candy folks. I really do question the AI IF it truly even exist in this game.
Old 08-28-2015, 08:31 AM   #24
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by greglh
I will do my own video that shows this game is not as improved as people claim.

Don't get me wrong there are things I do like, but they keep adding some things I could do without.

But old issues persist. OLD ISSUES PERSIST!!!!!

My problem is they are simple to fix and to have the same issue means NO ONE worked on it and just said to us as users it. I put in the bleep just so you know.

First the opening sequence that you are forced into while the game installs is ridiculous.

How do you NOT have an option for people to no participate???? I didn't need that waste of time.

I'm putting this in quick without details to try and keep this short because this post could consume as much space as all post previous to mine.

Custom Playbooks are STILL BROKEN. THE SAME ISSUE. Hail Mary instead of Shotgun.

Yes you put in some new plays and took out others, but how do you IGNORE custom playbook editor????

Now my next question is when I score a running play from this newly designated Hail Mary will it STILL think I scored from a HAIL MARY PASS???????????

This will mean calling audible the plays will now show up again as Hail Mary plays.

And don't hand me the solution is "it is all about how you delete plays in the playbook"

This game makes how much money and you mean to tell me they can't put some money in a developer to fix the custom playbook editor where you can't create a playbook from scratch, sort your play sets, sort your plays????? Are you serious????? Come on guys. Stop getting all caught up in the eye candy and call the game out. I could careless about seeing tattoos when you have a key component STILL lagging.

Sorting is a SIMPLE and BASIC. It should not have to asked for.

This issues bleeds into game play so I take huge issue with it sill existing.

Practice needs work as well. It is too cumbersome when you want to create a playbook especially since you can't sort your plays after you've created one. If I put in BIG and decide I want to replace it with Deuce Wings.... unless I put it in last it will not throw my playbook order out of wack and it does matter because I play by audible not hot routes (except blocking). I find that to be more realistic than hot routing everyone to a new play. It wouldn't be so bad if there was a penalty for doing so such as players running the wrong route or something when overdone.

Anyway this makes no sense to me.

Oh.... and the playbook after taking out all the plays the counts says there are 50+ plays still in there.

I have 2 formations. I think a total of 5 plays or so the game will not let you remove. So why am I seeing 50+ plays still in my playbook??? This makes no sense. It also proves there was work performed on this tool and just not a good job. / 8

Practice should have been merged with the playbooks. Practice should have a different UI to allow users to quickly select other plays in the same formation rather than jumping back to the default.

Let me dictate my practice with a better flow.

Did the fake pump go away? I guess it did since double pressing now is a passing trajectory thing.

It isn't like the pump fake fooled the "AI" which again makes me question its true existence.

I haven't played a game yet because I like to have my plays together first. I don't play randomly.

When I complete my first playbook, Hail Mary and all, I will give it a shot so I can see the errors in presentation. I don't see the commentary being better. Sorry. I just don't trust that until I SEE it.

I want to see the commentary when I winning 35-0 . I want to see the commentary on a comeback, two minute drill, etc...

I also want to see the highlights and instant replays. The highlights in the past despite request are TOO SHORT and never show the play. How can you call that a highlight when it doesn't highlight the play in its entirety????

Will safeties be a saved highlight that does not get deleted????????????????

INTs should not be deleted either.

We will see. I will post some screenshots later when I get time of the playbook editor.

Again, I shouldn't have to pick a particular playbook. Read what it says under custom playbooks.

To me that is FALSE advertisement of the tool because it does not allow what it claims.

Peace.

Also is it me or does the game seem SLOW? I play All Madden on Normal and it has been fine for me for years. This year it seems slow.

This game is about eye candy folks. I really do question the AI IF it truly even exist in this game.

I would recommend trying an actual game before unloading on it. You probably have a valid concern with custom playbook but I'll be honest. I don't use custom play books. I think the gameplay will surprise you.
8 GB Kingston RAM

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »