Home

EA you guys made an AWESOME game. Please don't cave in to the complainers

This is a discussion on EA you guys made an AWESOME game. Please don't cave in to the complainers within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-31-2015, 05:43 AM   #49
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38
Re: EA you guys made an AWESOME game. Please don't cave in to the complainers

This poster said if better than I can....

Spoiler

It's a fun game, but the defense, especially the zone coverage is still lacking. I feel like this in combination with the trench game being nerfed allows guys way to much time to dice you up with your guys not reacting realistically in their coverage....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-31-2015, 07:16 AM   #50
MVP

Gman 18's Arena

OVR: 27

" Please dont cave in to the complainers "- EA is a video game company. People have every right to complain about the stuff thats broken in the game. CFM is the buggiest mode of all and all it got this year were a few minor additions. Well its right to praise the devs for what they have done right, you gotta call them out on not testing CFM enough.

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk
Old 08-31-2015, 07:20 AM   #51
Rookie

SyncereBlackout's Arena

OVR: 0

I'm very pleased with the game but I have a "minor" suggestion/enhancement... Rather than drive goals im more interested in season goals and weekly goals (which you currently provide)

NY Jets
NY Yankees
NY Rangers
Florida Gators
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2015, 07:49 AM   #52
Rookie

I'll pick up the game after the first patch
Old 08-31-2015, 08:43 AM   #53
ND

NDAlum's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redog156
nothing about the player movement in this game is "awesome". EA's idea of representing momentum is entirely broken. You just simply do not have the precise control over players that you should. NFL players routenly make full speed cuts and change direction, thats why they are in the NFL because most normal humans can't do that. This simply is not represented in Madden.

Not to say its not an enjoyable video game, it is... it just doesn't really play like the sport does. Just plays like madden.
I disagree and would say the difficulty in changing direction is closer to the sport and taking it away would be Madden.

There is so much technique in setting up your feet to get in and out of cuts and you sure as heck aren't entering and exiting at full speed. No idea where you are coming from.

Atlanta Braves Fantasy Draft Franchise | Google Docs History
NL East Champs 5x | WS Champion 1x (2020)
Old 08-31-2015, 09:07 AM   #54
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gman 18
" Please dont cave in to the complainers "- EA is a video game company. People have every right to complain about the stuff thats broken in the game. CFM is the buggiest mode of all and all it got this year were a few minor additions. Well its right to praise the devs for what they have done right, you gotta call them out on not testing CFM enough.

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk
How about a current developer calling themselves out?

Ah, another broken reference.

Old 08-31-2015, 09:38 AM   #55
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

I believe a slight adjustment to defensive line pressure would help in multiple ways - you reduce the time the QB has to set up longer passes, hence the aggressive catch, for those who think it is OP, will have some relief, and allow DB's to cover better...Though some adjustments in coverage may be an additional bonus...I cannot determine which defense is more ineffective due to the longer time QB's have in the pocket, M2M or Zone...Granted 4 man rushes shouldn't be generating any more sacks, but just more pressure.

Essentially, adjust defensive side of the ball, and leave the offense alone..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2015, 10:06 AM   #56
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redog156
nothing about the player movement in this game is "awesome". EA's idea of representing momentum is entirely broken. You just simply do not have the precise control over players that you should. NFL players routenly make full speed cuts and change direction, thats why they are in the NFL because most normal humans can't do that. This simply is not represented in Madden.

Not to say its not an enjoyable video game, it is... it just doesn't really play like the sport does. Just plays like madden.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NDAlum
I disagree and would say the difficulty in changing direction is closer to the sport and taking it away would be Madden.

There is so much technique in setting up your feet to get in and out of cuts and you sure as heck aren't entering and exiting at full speed. No idea where you are coming from.
To piggy back off of this and then into the threads main point.

Cutting this year is easily the best it has been represented in years. I truly feel EA should entertain the communities ideas, but comments such as this just show "some" of the community have no idea what they want. I've seen some of the most contradictory statements come out of the communities mouth. "The pass rush is BROKEN, BROKEN I TELL YA! There is zero time to throw, blitz get through instantly!"......Following year...."OMG WHERE IS THE PASS RUSH! EA does not have a clue what they are doing".

The large loud part of the madden community has no clue what they want. Year in and year out its bitching just to bitch. Now I'm not directing this at you Redog, I'm just commenting on a trend around here.

Lets use one more example, we have all complained the WR DB interactions needed some love. This year we got what by many is considered a great step forward. Instantly the board goes nuts aggressive catch is OP, passing game broken, yadda yadda. I'm not seeing it, if anything I've seen the opposite. DB's win far more of the aggressive battle even against top rated WRs. It looks very realistic now and makes the passing game feel realistic.

Lets look at some examples.
  • #3 - "low rated" guy making excellent catch....looks unrealistic to me
  • #2 - Big receiver going up for ball....looks realistic
  • #1 - Yup the NFL over did the aggressive catch
  • #5 - Great example low rated WR can go up TRIPLE coverage and come down with "aggressive catch"
  • #2 - Oh look the DB doing the aggressive catch also
  • #1 - Yup looks like madden

Now to the point of the thread. EA PLEASE just make small minor adjustments, please for the love of football.......Don't break the game with a patch!!!!!!!!!
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »