Home

It stinks that...

This is a discussion on It stinks that... within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-31-2015, 01:38 PM   #9
Hall Of Fame

redsox4evur's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: It stinks that...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sniperscout75
I care about those things and would love a perfect world to have both outstanding gameplay and presentation. I really think Madden nailed the gameplay this year and would LOVE if each game had all of the type of interactions the opening scenario had. If each game we played featured the type of cutscenes that the opening did all I would say is wow and thank you.

I don't know if resources allow for both but id take solid gameplay over presentation if both cant be achieved.
They can be achieved. Because the GAMEPLAY is done by the GAMEPLAY department and PRESENTATION is done by the PRESENTATION department. God damn why people understand this...

(not getting mad at just you though sniper there are others as well).
Old 08-31-2015, 02:28 PM   #10
Rookie

sniperscout75's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsox4evur
They can be achieved. Because the GAMEPLAY is done by the GAMEPLAY department and PRESENTATION is done by the PRESENTATION department. God damn why people understand this...

(not getting mad at just you though sniper there are others as well).
Wow, bit much don't you think? Not sure what got you fired up but I don't know the inner workings of ea like I guess you do. I simply stated I'm not sure if resources permit both or not.
Old 08-31-2015, 02:32 PM   #11
Hall Of Fame

redsox4evur's Arena

Quote:
Wow, bit much don't you think? Not sure what got you fired up but I don't know the inner workings of ea like I guess you do. I simply stated I'm not sure if resources permit both or not.
This stuff is brought every year when things aren't focused on in the game. And it's been said time and time again that these things are segregated into different departments. It's the same thing with how they only focus on MUT. When once again that is a wrong and false statement.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2015, 02:37 PM   #12
Rookie

sniperscout75's Arena

Quote:
This stuff is brought every year when things aren't focused on in the game. And it's been said time and time again that these things are segregated into different departments. It's the same thing with how they only focus on MUT. When once again that is a wrong and false statement.

Tell me anywhere in my post that I mentioned anything about ignoring certain aspects or modes? "Resources" when I used it meant hardware resources. Yes I didn't specify that type of resources but again no where did I mention any of this point you are bringing up.
Old 08-31-2015, 02:43 PM   #13
Hall Of Fame

redsox4evur's Arena

Quote:
Tell me anywhere in my post that I mentioned anything about ignoring certain aspects or modes? "Resources" when I used it meant hardware resources. Yes I didn't specify that type of resources but again no where did I mention any of this point you are bringing up.
The part you bolded had nothing to do with you brought up, you're. It was about MUT and that being the focus of Madden. I was just comparing complaints I read on this entire site. The devs have put in a guys mouth guard they aren't doing with gameplay. And others say on this subforum that EA hasn't focused on CFM since its first release because they focus on MUT which makes them more money. And this (focus on MUT instead of Franchise) is wrong. Just look at what changed in MUT this year (nothing) and in franchise (retooled scouting system, draft watchlist, combine results, sim-a-win, give owner more funds, reset confidence, drive goals, etc.).
Old 08-31-2015, 02:48 PM   #14
Rookie

sniperscout75's Arena

Quote:
The part you bolded had nothing to do with you brought up, you're. It was about MUT and that being the focus of Madden. I was just comparing complaints I read on this entire site. The devs have put in a guys mouth guard they aren't doing with gameplay. And others say on this subforum that EA hasn't focused on CFM since its first release because they focus on MUT which makes them more money. And this (focus on MUT instead of Franchise) is wrong. Just look at what changed in MUT this year (nothing) and in franchise (retooled scouting system, draft watchlist, combine results, sim-a-win, give owner more funds, reset confidence, drive goals, etc.).

Again, its like we are having 2 different conversations here. Show me where I mentioned any of the things you mention but yet you felt the need to call me out? Again for what? Re-read my post. Nothing is in there that mentions mut or anything else you mention.
Old 08-31-2015, 02:52 PM   #15
Hall Of Fame

redsox4evur's Arena

Quote:
Again, its like we are having 2 different conversations here. Show me where I mentioned any of the things you mention but yet you felt the need to call me out? Again for what? Re-read my post. Nothing is in there that mentions mut or anything else you mention.
You are right...you never mentioned it. I said that in my last post. I was just comparing complaints I see every year. Every year I see what you say but in a definitive they aren't working on gameplay because they completely overhauled the presentation. And I also see users saying that other modes haven't been upgraded because EA is a greedy, money grabbing company and these other modes don't bring any extra money after the initial purchase.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2015, 02:58 PM   #16
Rookie

sniperscout75's Arena

Quote:
You are right...you never mentioned it. I said that in my last post. I was just comparing complaints I see every year. Every year I see what you say but in a definitive they aren't working on gameplay because they completely overhauled the presentation. And I also see users saying that other modes haven't been upgraded because EA is a greedy, money grabbing company and these other modes don't bring any extra money after the initial purchase.

Water under the bridge but I really didn't like being lashed out at for something I didn't say. I understand and read the posts everyday that you mention. I am not one of those posters and you can go through my post history and see that.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »