Home

Anyone else hate this game?

This is a discussion on Anyone else hate this game? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-31-2015, 08:59 PM   #1
Rookie

Ajoyner41's Arena

OVR: 0
Anyone else hate this game?

I've always loved the madden series and bought it every year, however this year I just can't stand it. The new catching mechanic was a good idea but extremely innefective. A wr shouldn't jump in the air and catch the ball with one hand in triple coverage yet bobble and miss a 3 yard slant. Also, something about this game just feels different to me. I played my friend multiple times in madden 15 and won by 1-3 TD every time. However, in madden 16 he's leading 21-0 after the first. As a joke he decided he would be the titans and I would be the Seahawks. He even put the punter as his QB. Not only did his punter do extremely well but he completed a 50 yard pass in double coverage.....AGAINST THE SEAHAWKS SECONDARY. Just to assure you I'm not that bad, I mean I've beat the same kid multiple times in madden 15. Anyone else experiencing similar problems or just anyone else not like the game?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2015, 09:07 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: Anyone else hate this game?

Aggressive catch is a little too easy to do against the CPU but besides that I think the game is much better than 15

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-31-2015, 09:12 PM   #3
Rookie

Ajoyner41's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiiNG_rekt
Aggressive catch is a little too easy to do against the CPU but besides that I think the game is much better than 15

I just don't know what the problem is. I was winning easily in 15 and can't do anything in this game. Needless to say a punter shouldn't have a crazy game regardless p, especially not against the Seattle secondary
Old 08-31-2015, 09:15 PM   #4
Rookie

Definitely. I mainly just play against the CPU so I can't really comment on user vs user problems. Give it a little more time and see how you feel. 2k comes out soon so it's something to look forward to

Old 08-31-2015, 09:45 PM   #5
Banned

WR's dropping balls is getting a little ridiculous. I was playing against the Cowboys the other day online and Dez literally dropped like 3 wide open curl routes. Of course I was on the good end of the BS..But it looked utterly dumb. Aggressive catch should have been the A button, possession catch should be the Y. Anyone who has ever played madden has the muscle memory that you hit Y to catch the ball. To punish people for using it (unless it's a jump ball lob as we all know..) Is pretty bad programming in my opinion.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2015, 10:09 PM   #6
Rookie

Ajoyner41's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by EJ_Manuel
WR's dropping balls is getting a little ridiculous. I was playing against the Cowboys the other day online and Dez literally dropped like 3 wide open curl routes. Of course I was on the good end of the BS..But it looked utterly dumb. Aggressive catch should have been the A button, possession catch should be the Y. Anyone who has ever played madden has the muscle memory that you hit Y to catch the ball. To punish people for using it (unless it's a jump ball lob as we all know..) Is pretty bad programming in my opinion.
I agree completely. I always go straight for Y. I still dint understand why I can't do anything in this game though lol.
Old 08-31-2015, 10:17 PM   #7
Rookie

DePounded's Arena

OVR: 4

I'm beyond frustrated with the running game. It is next to impossible to run the ball because of those new handoffs -- they are too slow. And because you can't run the ball consistently, it make it easier for people to sit in heavy zones which makes it harder to throw the ball. Not ready to give up on the game just yet but this has been my worst yr running the ball and I'm usually a pretty good runner in Madden.
Old 08-31-2015, 10:19 PM   #8
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...pressions.html

This is probably where this thread should go as a suggestion for the future.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »