Home

How are Salaries Calculated in Madden?

This is a discussion on How are Salaries Calculated in Madden? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-03-2015, 11:58 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: How are Salaries Calculated in Madden?

I dont know if this helps, but here is his contract info:

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/dallas-cowboys/tony-romo/

The cap number you gave is close to his actual cap number minus the option bonus.
Old 09-04-2015, 02:00 AM   #10
Pro

Robo COP's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEBB2001
Sorry I had a typo in my original post. His total salary was 108M, not 8M.

So, if you divide 108 by 7 years that is 15.43M. His 25M bonus divided by 7 is 3.57. If you add those up you get a number greater than 13.45 so that isn't it.

Any other ideas? Anyone play around with it in the contract section of the edit player screen?
I don't really know how madden calculates guys cap numbers from year to year. But I am pretty sure when I looked at Romo's contracts a few days ago his cap hit in the final year is way backloaded (talking like 30 mil or something ridiculous), which kept his cap # low in the previous years in madden. Which ends up working out for the player because he typically retires after 2 years.

I think maybe they try to replicate some real life situations but they can't with the more simple madden salary cap. Earlier this offseason the Cowboys converted some of Romo's contract into a bonus which lowered his cap #....maybe in madden in order to simulate this they just backloaded his cap hit to the final year of the contract knowing that he would retire before then?
Old 09-04-2015, 03:53 AM   #11
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robo COP
I don't really know how madden calculates guys cap numbers from year to year. But I am pretty sure when I looked at Romo's contracts a few days ago his cap hit in the final year is way backloaded (talking like 30 mil or something ridiculous), which kept his cap # low in the previous years in madden. Which ends up working out for the player because he typically retires after 2 years.

I think maybe they try to replicate some real life situations but they can't with the more simple madden salary cap. Earlier this offseason the Cowboys converted some of Romo's contract into a bonus which lowered his cap #....maybe in madden in order to simulate this they just backloaded his cap hit to the final year of the contract knowing that he would retire before then?
Yeah his real life contract is unbalanced. It is a example of why I think restructuring contracts is a bad move.

Madden contracts seem to follow one of two trajectories: it is either flat, or increases at a fixed rate. I don't know what determines which is selected. I want to say most players have the increasing cap hits. But I remember last year Ngata had a flat contract. Not sure why.

As for editing, I am fairly certain you cannot edit beyond the first year of a CFM. Could be wrong though. May not be able to edit at all.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2015, 04:58 AM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 0

Contracts in Madden are way off in term of amount let alone structure for some players.

Sloppy.
Old 09-04-2015, 08:04 AM   #13
MVP

OVR: 1

his signing bonus is front loaded like a lot of contracts, its guaranteed money
Old 09-04-2015, 01:20 PM   #14
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ueauvan
his signing bonus is front loaded like a lot of contracts, its guaranteed money
I think you are mistaken. Signing bonuses are not front loaded, and their being guaranteed money has no bearing on the structure.

The way it works is that Romo received his signing bonus when he signed the contract. But for accounting purposes that money is spread out evenly over 5 years of his deal.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »