Home

CFM Fantasy Draft: Getting the most bang for your chise

This is a discussion on CFM Fantasy Draft: Getting the most bang for your chise within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-04-2015, 08:06 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
CFM Fantasy Draft: Getting the most bang for your chise

For those who do a fantasy draft for their cfm, I'm sure some do a few test runs to see where certain players land so you don't waste a pick taking them too early or miss out by waiting.

It seems lately with the last few maddens, and especially with this year's edition, quarterbacks are the first to go, and sometimes are the first 10 picks in rd1 ! So for those who have already started their draft franchise, and perhaps made note of where certain "value picks" land, this could be a thread to help those who are waiting on the patch before starting their franchise.

And obviously if you would prefer not knowing when certain players get selected, stop reading lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2015, 04:36 AM   #2
All-Pro

ATLBrayden's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: CFM Fantasy Draft: Getting the most bang for your chise

QBs and CBs go FAST, WRs and guys like Gronk/Graham go very early (usually first round).
RBs stay a very long time, Adrian Peterson is the earliest to go and Jamaal is usually second.
D-line and LBs go fairly fast, however safeties seem to stay for a good amount of time.
There are some good OL for a long time but once they start getting taken they run out quick.

Look out for young guys in the later rounds, guys like Jalen Strong, DGB, Breshad Perriman, etc., don't get taken for a long time and could be nice pick-ups later on.

Justin Tucker is always the first kicker off the board, however you can get great Ks and Ps very late in the draft, same goes for FBs but guys like Anthony Sherman are usually the first to go.

My NBA 2K19 Lakers Dynasty -https://forums.operationsports.com/f...-nba-2k19.html

PSN: GetYourSwooshOn
XBL: Gunslinger7O2

Last edited by ATLBrayden; 09-06-2015 at 08:26 PM.
Old 09-05-2015, 03:20 PM   #3
Rookie

I have run about 10-15 fantasy drafts and what you pick depends on your strategy and draft position. My perfered method is defense first, with a premium on CBs (I love the nickel formation). If you are running a 4-3 you can get OLBs who are 85+ DEs late in the 30s by picking Abraham and Babin.

QBs
All the QBs above Eli Manning go in the first round and by the end of the third round you lose out on the QBs in the Carr Stafford range. You can pick up RGIII at the end of the 5th. After that the QBs like Grap/Osweiler/McCarron/Manziel all last until about Round 20-25

HB
I don't notice that big of a switch between Peterson and Gurley and you can get Gurley in Round 19-21.

WR
Top Tier WRs go towards the End of round 2 begining of Round 3.
Best bet is to pick up Perrimen or Argnolar in the mid 30s. If you want a mid 80 player (Cooper, Jackson, Colston) look to pull the trigger around round 9 or 10

LT
A good left tackle will need to be picked in the 7th-9th round. (I opt for the use a gaurd to play tackle since you can get the guards in the 12th.

C/RG/LG
They start coming off the board between rounds 12-15

DE
These go pretty quickly in the first 10 rounds. You can get Michael Johnson and Gregory in Round 21-23 if you are in a 4-3. Also some older guys linger around in the later rounds like T. Scott.

DT
If you pick the DT in Round 8-11 you can get two DTs that are rated 89-86.

MLB
Kendricks, Alanso, Wachington, Mosley and Timmons level MLBs go in round 6-9

OLB
These go early, although you can get some good 80s in round 7-9 and older players last in the late 20s who are 80 overall (depending on scheme)

CBs
These go off the board like hot cakes. The last 10 picks of round 1 will have the option of S.Smith, Rhodes, Gilmore. In the last 5 picks of Round 2 Smith and Peterson will go off the board. By the end of round 3 Culliver and Prince are the top options. By round 10 there are only 80 CB options.

FS
Top guys go in the second round and early. By round 18 you are looking at sub 78 players

SS
These are more sporadic, by round 18 you are looking at sub 78 players

Kicker/Punter
You can get an 80+ kicker/punter in rounds 38-43
Old 09-05-2015, 11:49 PM   #4
Rookie

Thanks, really helpful information. Still deciding which way I want to go draft wise, it would be hard passing up on guys like Luck, Sherman, Watt
Old 09-06-2015, 10:46 AM   #5
Rookie

Luck is either the number 1 or number 2 pick. Sherman goes pick 7-12. Watt usually goes by pick 20.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2015, 10:56 AM   #6
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50

Is there a way to set the order of the draft before it starts?
Old 09-06-2015, 12:35 PM   #7
Rookie

No, but in my franchise the Packers seem to get the top 2 picks with great frequency
Old 09-06-2015, 09:05 PM   #8
All-Pro

ATLBrayden's Arena

OVR: 18

Yeah, I don't know if it's just something weird with the Packers or what but when I used them I got the #6 pick (with which I drafted Sherman).

My top value guys:
1. Andrew Luck (94ovr) - Drafting this guy basically guarantees you a franchise quarterback for the entire CFM (unless you go on for an extreme amount of time). If you reach his goals and do well with the team you'll see him rival or even become better than Aaron Rodgers in season two.

Key stats: 95thp (t-7th in NFL), 92pac (t-5th in NFL), 88sac, 89mac, 75dac, 25 years old, 84spd

2. Richard Sherman (97ovr) - With the new passing and catching mechanics lockdown CBs are more valuable than ever before. With Sherman you don't even have to worry about the side of the field he's on, just make sure there's some safety help over top if you're playing a Julio Jones or Dez Bryant.

Key stats: 99prec (1st in NFL, only player with 99prec), 99zcov (1st in NFL, only player with 99zcov), 99prs (1st in NFL, only player with 99prs), 85ctch (t-1st for CBs), 98jmp (t-2nd in NFL), 86pur (2nd for CBs)

3. Luke Kuechly (96ovr) - A field general on defense is very important, and at just 24 years old (!) Luke Kuechly is one of the best in the NFL already. You need someone to not only be able to stuff the run but provide solid coverage over the middle. There are some solid MLBs to pick from but Kuechly is only one of three that are above 90ovr (the other two being Bobby Wagner and NaVorro Bowman).

Key stats: 96awr (t-2nd for LBs), 72ctch (t-7th among LBs), 97tak (t-1st in NFL), 91bsh (4th for LBs), 97pur (t-4th in NFL), 97prec (t-2nd in NFL), 85zcov (t-5th for LBs)

4. J.J. Watt (99ovr) - J.J. is the best of the best, there is no one that rivals him at the position. At 26 years of age J.J. has already been voted as the best player in the NFL by fellow players and coaches. You may say, "Well why wouldn't I take him first overall then?" and the answer to that is because there are more valuable players at other positions. You don't NEED J.J. Watt, you could wait and pick up a Jerry Hughes, but the production and impact you'll get from J.J. is massive compared to someone like Jerry.

Key stats: 97str (t-4th in NFL), 95tak (t-3rd for DEs), 99pmv (1st in NFL, only player with 99PMV), 97bsh (t-1st in NFL), 98pur (t-1st in NFL)

Also has 78ctch, 70cit, 75spc, and 87jmp so he can be used at TE as a surprise.

5. Rob Gronkowski (99ovr) - Gronk is one of the most unstoppable players in Madden and in real life. I've had to face him and I've got to use him, and Gronk is such a deadly weapon it's unbelievable. He's one of three players rated 99ovr and one of two that are 26 (the other being J.J. Watt).

Gronk, like Watt, is not a necessity, but if you want someone that the defense has to gameplan around, grab Gronk. It's rare that he won't have a monster game, but if he doesn't it's most likely due to another part or player on your offense having one because the defense is focusing on stopping Gronk, leaving everything else open and more dangerous.

Key stats: 98cit (2nd in NFL), 95rls (1st for TEs), 87rte (t-3rd for TEs) 88 trucking (#1 for any non-HB)

My NBA 2K19 Lakers Dynasty -https://forums.operationsports.com/f...-nba-2k19.html

PSN: GetYourSwooshOn
XBL: Gunslinger7O2

Last edited by ATLBrayden; 09-08-2015 at 06:24 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »